'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

The Most Popular Disney Parks Halloween Costumes

posted on October 18th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Rapunzel Halloween Costume

Are your little monsters still deciding what to be for Halloween? It’s not too late to add a little Disney magic to your trick-or-treating! As Michelle Harker showed us in a recent Disney Parks Blog post, there are many ways to put a Disney spin on any Halloween costume. I asked Michelle what some of the most popular costumes are at Disney Parks this year, and it turns out that Rapunzel is by far the most popular among girls at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts! Check out the top girls’ and boys’ costumes this year:

Girls:

1. Rapunzel
  2. Princess Aurora
  3. Pirate
  4. Belle
  5. Minnie Mouse

Boys:

1. CARS 2 Characters
  2. Jack Sparrow
  3. Pirate
  4. Buzz Lightyear
  5. Woody

Are you and your little ones dressing up as Disney characters this Halloween?

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Kaily from UT on October 18th, 2011 at 9:03 pm

My niece is going to be Boo from Monsters Inc!! They look identical!! My sister and her husband are going to be Mike and Sully!! It’s going to be awesome!

Colleen from TX on October 18th, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Not a bit surprised. All the girls in my daughters kindergarten class won’t cut their hair.

Samantha on October 19th, 2011 at 2:12 am

Im going to be Rapunzel, Thanks to some who who order a adult Rapunzel costume and returned it to the Disney store that I just happened to go to! Disney needs to make more adult costumes!

Chris on October 19th, 2011 at 9:03 am

I’m dressing up as the Backson from “Winnie the Pooh”.

Nancy from NY on October 19th, 2011 at 10:33 am

I want to buy the brown hair extensions from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Does anyone know where I can get them? We took our GD to BBB and she got a different color and now she wants brown to go with her Belle dress as well!

Brittany on October 19th, 2011 at 12:21 pm

My 2 year old son is dressing up as Peter Pan this Halloween!!

Friend on October 19th, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I was very interested to see if any one was going as an Avitar character. Guess not. I remember buying all my Davy Crocket Cookskin hat,rifle, and accessories at Disneyland’s Fronteirland and my mother made the shirt and pants out of shammy’s.

Mary from CA on October 19th, 2011 at 2:15 pm

My kids are dressing as Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. We all went to MNSSHP earlier this month and my husband dressed as the mayor and I was Zero. We had so much fun and hope to go again next year!

nalani on October 19th, 2011 at 4:27 pm

My one son went as Stitch while my husband and other son where Crush and Squirt. I was the flying carpet from Aladdin. The only people who figured out who I was were CM’s. We had a great time at the MHP. We will definitely be doing it again next year.

Crystal on October 19th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

My son is going to be Captain Hook! He LOVES Captain Hook. Should be super fun!

Dustin on October 19th, 2011 at 10:37 pm

@Kaily, that’s plain awesome.

Corey on October 20th, 2011 at 1:41 am

I’m going on the 28th and have what I think is a pretty unique idea for a costume. It’s a surprise, but I’ll give you all a clue: It’s something that usually at least one person per party gets when they come to Disneyland, and it’s pretty darn expensive to boot.

Verny on October 21st, 2011 at 6:03 pm

My son loves Tron, yet the costumes where not great, so i built him a Tron outfit out of Moto X jacket, baseball pants and EL Wire. He wore it last night to a Halloween function and everyone loved it.

daniel on October 21st, 2011 at 8:12 pm

one year my friends and I all went as characters from Disney’s Adventurers Club over on Pleasure Island.
We had a Hathaway Brown, a Samantha Sterling, a Maid, Fletcher Hodges, and even Sutter Bestwick, who was there on the Adventurers Club’s last night!

Ian on October 22nd, 2011 at 9:41 am

I’m still debating which of the greatest Disney characters of all time to dress as this Halloween. I’m torn between handsome Adventurers Club Aviator, Hathaway Browne; Adventurers Club Ichthyologist (that’s a fisherman to most) and Treasurer, Otis T. Wren; and Junior Adventurer from Sandusky, Ohio’s Adventurers Club Tribe 602, Emil Bleehall. Decisions, decisions!

Heather on October 22nd, 2011 at 6:25 pm

My daughter is going to be Belle. My son Indiana Jones and my husband Jack Sparrow.

Miranda on October 23rd, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Anybody have any fun, and super easy-to-make Halloween costumes for a teenage girl?

Jessica on October 24th, 2011 at 8:19 am

My daughter is dressing up as Tinkerbell this year and we’ll be attending the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party on the 27th.

Kimberly on October 24th, 2011 at 10:02 pm

i handmade a rapunzel dress for my daughter. the materials ended up costing $60, but much better quality than what you will find in a store. She will be wearing EVERY SINGLE TIME (haha) we go to disneyland next year with our season passes. i even made her a pascal for her shoulder. she wants to wear it already, so we had to hide it. her first halloween was tinkerbell, then minnie, and now rapunzel. i see a pattern…

Scott from NY on October 25th, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I’ll be making an Emil Bleehall costume for my little one!

Laura on October 27th, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Phineas & Ferb for a party on Saturday, then Doofenshmirtz & Agent P for Trick-or-Treating on Monday! :)