Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Want an Early Halloween Treat from Disney Parks? Download Our Haunted Mansion Wallpaper

posted on October 6th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Nothing puts me in the mood for Halloween like a trip to The Haunted Mansion. I’ve always loved the attraction’s eerie décor, ghostly special effects and even its cast members, who really bring the attraction to life (or should I say, “afterlife”?). That said, I couldn’t be more excited to share our latest attraction-inspired desktop wallpaper with all of you.

Haunted Mansion Desktop Wallpaper

Those of you who attended our Trick-or-Meet-Up a week ago may recognize this image, which was designed by Senior Graphic Designer Tom May, who appeared at the event for meet and greets.

Be sure to check out the terms of use about using the wallpaper before you download it.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Matt on October 6th, 2011 at 9:10 am

Honestly, my best memory is my most recent. My wife and I loved the Treat Up event last week! We had a blast and made so many memories. It may help that I was dressed like a hotdog though…

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 7th, 2011 at 10:12 am

That was such a nice response, I’m happy we were able to make the event memorable!

Banks on October 6th, 2011 at 9:54 am

The Treat-Up is definitely one of my favorite HM memories, getting to meet so many people, from Imagineers, to members of the Disney Parks Blog team, to seeing fellow online Disney fans. I even got to have my HM wallpaper poster signed by Tom! I’ve said it before, but thank you so much for putting on that event!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 7th, 2011 at 10:12 am

Thanks Banks. We had a blast, too.

Rachel on October 6th, 2011 at 10:07 am

Ok so this may sound really silly but my favorite memory of the Haunted Mansion is when I finally looked up. Growing up, we literally went to WDW at least once a month if not more. The HM always scared me and so I always looked away when we were in the elevator. Finally, when I was about 15, my aunt told me to look up and I saw it for the first time. I never look away anymore :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 7th, 2011 at 10:13 am

I always had to dare myself to go on the attraction, I’d get so nervous looking at it! My mom would help give me that final push by telling me I’d done it last time we were there.

Pedro Ernesto on October 6th, 2011 at 10:19 am

This is still the best ride, full of humor and fantasy. I decided to accept the invitation: when I die, I’ll be the 1,000th ghost in the mansion.

Emily on October 6th, 2011 at 10:20 am

I LOVE this! And it’s great timing! This past Sunday I went surfing on the net looking for a Haunted Mansion picture for my phone, but the one I found didn’t fit right. Now it looks great :) Thanks!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 7th, 2011 at 10:13 am

Great to hear, Emily!

Jessica on October 6th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

How do we upload the image to our android???

Bob on October 6th, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I’m so excited we have a Haunted Mansion desktop wallpaper now! Thank you! It’s on my desktop and my iPhone now. :-)

My best memory of The Haunted Mansion would have to be when my wife and I took our son on it for the first time. He was 2-years-old and we were at the Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The Haunted Mansion was the second ride he went on, and he loved it! I was so excited because it has always been my favorite attraction since I was a child. As we rode in our Doombuggy he kept pointing at all the the ghosts saying, “look, Daddy! Ghosts!” Seeing his excitement (thankfully not terror), made me so happy as a father and a Disney fan. :-D

Dana from TX on October 6th, 2011 at 3:23 pm

How do we upload to our iPhone? I need instructions!
My favorite memory is when there was actually a person inside the suit of armor and they reached out and scared us as we went by. This was at Disneyland. I always think of that one time whenever I ride and am scared to death that it will happen each time.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 7th, 2011 at 10:14 am

To add this wallpaper to your iPhone, access the blog through your phone’s Internet browser. Follow the link to the Wallpapers page and click on the correct dimensions for your mobile device. This will open a page with the full-sized wallpaper image, which you can then save to your iPhone. Tap and hold on the image for a few seconds to bring up a menu from the bottom of your screen, allowing you to save the image directly to your iPhone’s camera roll.

Timothy on October 6th, 2011 at 4:42 pm

You know what would be a great item to either sell online or in the parks – the actual spooky eye wallpaper from The Haunted Mansion.

Carrie from WA on October 6th, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Browse to the page with the wallpaper downloads… when you find it, click on the one for iphone… then when you get it on your screen take a picture of it by pressing the power button on top and circle button on the front at the same time. It takes a photo. Access the photo in your iPhoto library and set it as your wallpaper. :0)

Dana from TX on October 6th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Thanks Carrie! No iPhone for me until next week, but I gotta get ready! :-)

Matthew on October 6th, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Nice. But where’s the 1920 x 1200?

Matthew on October 6th, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I mean where’s the 1900 x 1080?

Dean on October 7th, 2011 at 12:52 am

Thank You DPB!!! I love these Wallpapers! :)

Tom on October 7th, 2011 at 6:20 am

Are you going to have a 1920×1080 version of this like you do with all of the others? I have a large monitor and would like for it to fit the entire screen.

Adam on October 9th, 2011 at 9:48 pm

The Haunted Mansion is the first attraction my wife and I visited after we got engaged in front of Cinderella’s castle! That will always be my most memorable visit.

Thanks for this great wallpaper!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 11th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Wow, what a great memory!

deborah on October 11th, 2011 at 4:32 pm

WHERE CAN I FIND THE MICKEY STENCIL TO CARVE PUMPKIN?