We hope you made it out for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, a delightful panoply of tastes from around the globe. The festival wrapped up another year on Nov. 13, so we love sharing one of our favorite sweet tastes that will make a perfect Thanksgiving dessert if you’re over pumpkin pies.
Our top sweet taste this year was the pumpkin mousse with Ocean Spray Craisins and orange sauce at the Hops & Barley kiosk in front of The American Adventure. The crunchy streusel and the silky mousse are a perfect combo – so delish that it’s on our Thanksgiving menu this year.
See you next October at the festival!
Pumpkin Mousse Trifle with Cranberries and Apricot-Orange Sauce
Serves 6 to 8
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup orange juice
1 egg yolk or 1/4 cup pasteurized egg yolks
3/4 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
Store-bought spice cake mix, prepared per package directions and cooled
1/2 cup Ocean Spray Craisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a sheet pan with foil; set aside.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add melted butter and stir until mixture is crumbly.
- Pour onto prepared sheet pan; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool; crumble into small pieces.
For orange sauce:
Combine apricot jam and orange juice in a medium bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
For pumpkin mousse:
- Whisk egg yolk into pumpkin pie filling. Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave or using a double boiler. Whisk melted white chocolate into pumpkin mixture.
- Whip heavy cream to medium peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into pumpkin mixture.
- Cut spice cake into cubes. Place a dollop of mousse at the bottom of a serving dish. Top with cranberries and a drizzle of sauce.
- Place a few cubes of cake over mousse. Top with another layer of mousse, cranberries and sauce, then top with streusel.