Disneyland Monorail

Cinderella’s Holiday Wish Returns to Magic Kingdom Park Nov. 4

posted on November 2nd, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

The holiday season will officially begin this Friday, Nov. 4, with the return of Cinderella’s Holiday Wish and Castle Dream Lights at Magic Kingdom Park.

Cinderella's Holiday Wish and Castle Dream Lights at Magic Kingdom Park

During the Cinderella’s Holiday Wish stage show, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Cinderella appear to admire the lovely holiday decorations at the park. Then they share their ideas on how to decorate Cinderella Castle for the season. Fairy Godmother appears to help bring Cinderella’s suggestion to life – covering the castle in glittering ice, making it look just like her special glass slippers.

You can see the show nightly at Magic Kingdom Park throughout the holiday season.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Karen on November 2nd, 2011 at 5:33 pm

#1 – 2:31 pm PST – This was a real treat for us, when we last visited WDW. I was glad someone told us about it beforehand, since we’d never heard of it before. It’s definitely a fun thing to see, if you’re in the Magic Kingdom at night!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:19 pm

It’s one of my favorite holiday offerings, by far!

Ellen on November 2nd, 2011 at 5:40 pm

So sad…have to miss it this year! :-(
Be back next year!!!

Susan from FL on November 2nd, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Christmas time at Walt Disney World is the best already have my tickets for the christmas party 12 days and counting

Amy from IL on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:02 pm

This November will be our first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and my daughters and I can’t wait to see the majesty of the ice lights adorning Cinderella’s Castle….11 more days.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:18 pm

It’s amazing!

Alexis from FL on November 3rd, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I am so excited that Cinderella’s Holiday Wishes will be starting tomorrow. I thought it was not going to be starting for another week. I can’t wait to see the show. My family loves it!

Alyssa on November 4th, 2011 at 12:13 am

I’ve been to Disney so many times I’ve lost count, but I’ve never been in the winter before, so I’ve never had the opportunity to see this. Luckily, I’m going to Disney the weekend of the 11th, so I’ll get to see it for the first time! (:

Jacob from FL on November 4th, 2011 at 10:04 am

Anyone know what time this show is? I haven’t seen a time posted anywhere and it isn’t listed in the Disney Parks Mobile app.

Danielle on November 4th, 2011 at 11:42 am

Anyone know how long they leave it up? We will be there the 2nd week of january and would love to see this!!!

jennifer from NL on November 4th, 2011 at 11:42 am

can anyone tell me, are the lights on every night or just for the MVMCP?

Javier on November 4th, 2011 at 11:54 am

How long will they stay on for? We’ll be there starting New Year’s eve.

Debra on November 4th, 2011 at 11:54 am

We will be there in 27 days! I can’t wait to see the park decorataed for Christmas! This is my 13th trip, but first time at Christmas.

Michele on November 4th, 2011 at 11:56 am

What time does it start tonight, I cant find the time anywhere.

Yvette on November 4th, 2011 at 11:57 am

I cannot wait to go tonight! :)

Jennifer on November 4th, 2011 at 11:58 am

My family and I will go to WDW the week of new year, will they still have Cinderella holiday wish show?

Neula on November 4th, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Can’t wait! It’s our first time going to MVMCP this year. We just surprised my parents via Skype with tickets. They are so excited!

Rebecca on November 4th, 2011 at 12:40 pm

So does this mean ALL the Christmas decorations are up?–Or just the castle is done. And is it just the Magic Kingdom or has Epcot got their holiday decor up too?? This is totally my favorite time of year to visit the World but I want to make sure we get to see it all!!!

Stacy on November 4th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

When do the lights come down? Will be visiting January 3rd-8th and would LOVE to see them!! :)

Andrea on November 4th, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Is this something you need to get tickets for ahead of time?

Shannon on November 4th, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I have been to Disney World multiple times, but never at Christmas. My two boys and I are going this year and we are going to be there on Christmas day! I am so excited to see all of the Disney magic for the holidays! 46 days!!!!

Eileen on November 4th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Anyone know the forecast for the crowds at Christmas? I have heard good levels, and I have heard that they are at their worst. I need to make a decision. Thanks!

Cynthia from NJ on November 4th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I am missing the lights this year too. We were there last year and the Castle looks amazing. Disney lights the castle every night. Plan to be by the castle when it starts to get dark. I don’t remeber the exact time, maybe around 6ish. We missed the lighting the first night because we didn’t know.
You will LOVE them!

Lacee on November 4th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

The week between Christmas and New Years is the most crowded week of the year at Walt Disney World. Early December is a great time to go, all of the Christmas stuff is up and running but when most kids are in school crowds are always moderate. We will be there next month, can’t wait!!

Lacee on November 4th, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Andrea, no it is not an extra ticket. IF you want to see the Christmas parade and Christmas fireworks before Christmas week, however, you have to buy tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. The holiday activities at the other parks are all included with admission, but many people buy the Candlelight Processional dinner package at Epcot so they can see the Candlelight Processional with reserved seating.

I too would like to know what time they turn on the castle lights each night, I will have to research that!

Elaine on November 4th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I wish I could be there hopefully next year I will be a CP and will get to see them every night!

Maria on November 4th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

The castle is beautiful. I hope they still decorate it with all the lights when I go again in 2014

robert on November 4th, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Can’t wait . I’ll be there with the family NOV 26TH

Andrea on November 4th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Lacee, Thanks for the info, that is very helpful!

Donna on November 4th, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I can’t wait to see it. I am due in on about 28 days. Can’t wait.

Tara on November 4th, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I believe the lights come down on the 7th or 8th of Jan…we check in on the 8th. I know they usually stay up through New Year’s Week. We haven’t been for Xmas since 08 but will be there in Dec 2012!! Best time of year to go :)

Deborah on November 5th, 2011 at 12:07 am

Finally coming to Disneyworld at Christmastime! Will miss Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party by 2 days, but will get to see Cinderella’s Holiday Wish and the Osborne Family Lights. Can’t wait!!!

Colleen from PA on November 5th, 2011 at 8:30 am

Sometimes I wish I had a Fairy Godmother to help me get everything done during the Holidays! We have been to WDW twice for Halloween and our next trip will be for Christmas!

Natalie on November 6th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I have the same question as #9. Do they have the lights on each night at the castle? The we are there the 20-24 and there is no MVMCP while we are there. :(

Sharlene on November 8th, 2011 at 1:23 am

The lights are on the Castle every evening. The lighting usually happens around 5:30pm. The Magic Kingdom is decorated first to get ready for Mickey’s Christmas Party, then Epcot will get decorated in time for Candlelight Processional.

The hotel will be finished right before Thanksgiving.

Carla on November 8th, 2011 at 1:48 pm

we are going to Disney world in 12 days and we are taking my best friend she has never been and the hoildays is the best time to take her we are spending 2 full days to visit all 4 parks and having a special dinner with winnie the pooh i want it to be all christmas to jump start the season see yall soon :)

Dan on November 9th, 2011 at 2:10 am

While visiting this week, the show time was 6:15p. I imagine that it will continue to be around this time every night of operations through the end of their holiday offerings.

Heather on November 16th, 2011 at 8:37 am

We got to see this on November 4th. It was our last day for Magic Kingdom before returning home and we were thrilled. The kids loved it.