Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Deck the Halls – and the Disneyland Resort – with Lots of Holly!

posted on November 10th, 2011 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

It’s time to pull out your boxes from the attic and dig out your holiday decorations. We do that here at the Disneyland Resort, too. Only our attic is a warehouse in Anaheim and we have hundreds of boxes full of colorful bulbs, wreaths and ornaments. I should actually clarify when I say, “we.” I mean David Caranci, manager of resort enhancement for the Disneyland Resort, and his amazing team. In this video, I take you to the warehouse where these busy little “elves” are creating lots of holiday magic for all of us to enjoy inside the park.

Filed: Disneyland Resort

Douglas on November 10th, 2011 at 10:04 pm

going to Disneyland during the Holiday season always gets in into the Christmas spirt.

James on November 11th, 2011 at 8:17 am

Awesome video! Most people don’t realize how much goes into preparing the decorations for the holidays. Even though I’ve been to the warehouse many times at Walt Disney World (which holds an enormous collection of holiday decoration) I had never thought about the fact that Disneyland would need a warehouse equivalent to make it happen as well, even if their requirements are a little smaller. My hats off to both parks! They do a fantastic job!

Jeff Kober
DisneyatWork

Al from MN on November 11th, 2011 at 11:02 am

Awesome, hopefully teh cast members who do this don’t lose their Christmas spirit for home after such a huge undertaking.

Cindy on November 11th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

We love visiting the Disneyland Resort at Christmas time. The decorations are absolutely spectacular!! What a great job these folks do! We really appreciate the Holiday Magic that they create!

Alexis from FL on November 12th, 2011 at 11:23 pm

We love Christmas time at WDW in FL. Thanks for sharing how Disney Land prepares for the Christmas season!

amy from MA on November 14th, 2011 at 8:33 am

I LOVE these behind the scenes videos. Always makes me wish I worked in the decorating/enhancement dept. @ either park. How does one even qualify for such a fabulously creative job? I hope the employees realise how lucky they are to have such a fun, creative, and appreciated job! Thanks to them for bringing that magical holiday feel to the parks!

Colleen from TX on November 14th, 2011 at 9:29 am

20,000 different types of ornaments. That is AMAZING! The warehouse is unbelievable. How incredible it would be to pull from that resource. There is nothing like a Christmas, like a Christmas at Disneyland.

Pam on November 19th, 2011 at 12:17 am

It never ceases to amaze me the creativity and imagination that Disney brings to life.