Disneyland Resort, Haunted Mansion

Little Ones Can Enjoy a Duffy the Disney Bear Bedtime Story at Walt Disney World Resorts

posted on November 9th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Can you imagine a better end to an evening at a Walt Disney World resort than by tucking in your little ones for a Disney bedtime story?

Walt Disney World Resorts’ in-room televisions are now running a read-along Duffy the Disney Bear: Mickey’s New Friend clip on channel 38 from 6-10 p.m., nightly. The story tells guests the tale of how Duffy the Disney Bear came to be one of Mickey’s favorite companions.

Here’s a sneak peek:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

10 Comments 1 Reply

Amber on November 9th, 2011 at 10:08 am

This is great! We’re going in a few weeks, and my little ones (especially my 4 year old) are going to love this!

Banks on November 9th, 2011 at 10:11 am

This is cute! I saw this channel listed on the Resort TVs last month, was wondering when it would start airing!

Michael from CO on November 9th, 2011 at 12:33 pm

What happened to the Duffy book that was to be released on the DisneyStore online last Monday? I waited to buy it and my little Duffy is getting mad that he can’t read his book!!! I might have to give him some hunny!

Steven Miller on November 9th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

@Michael – This is Steven from Merchandise. I spoke with the Disney Parks online store team who confirmed there was a delay in the release of the new Duffy storybook. It was originally scheduled for a November 7 release via http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store

Unfortunately, we don’t have an updated release date at this time but I know they are working quickly to make it available. I’m very sorry for the challenge.

Eric on November 9th, 2011 at 12:50 pm

The “Bedtime stories” have been airing for years at the resort TV’s (or were, did they stop for a while?)
Even when I was going solo, I used to love having the read-along movie stories playing on the TV while I was kicking back after supper or cooling off with a shower after the parks–Felt like that one little extra bit of Disney in the room.
If they’re trying to use it to keep the “Who the heck is Duffy?” battles going, well, that’s good too. He seems more like something out of a bedtime story.

Lashell from IA on November 9th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

We were just there Oct 25-Nov 2 and they had this running! My daughter LOVED it!! We had to watch it every night before bed! It shows from 6pm to 10pm every night!

Greg on November 9th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Does anyone know if it plays at Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort?

JAMIE from IL on November 9th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

My 4 year old loves Duffy(and so do I)!! We are going to Disney next month. I can’t wait to see it!

Theresa on November 9th, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Also waiting for the Duffy book to be released online. I’d like to purchase it for my granddaughter for the holidays. We were in Disney in Sept. and Duffy was a big hit. Any idea if or when it will be available for purchase online?

Jennifer on November 9th, 2011 at 6:12 pm

We were just at Disney last week and Duffy was a big hit with my 9 year old. We stopped at the store in Epcot where she purchased the one with the 2011 dated outfit. As we were leaving the store, Duffy was coming to his meet and greet spot and she got to get an autograph and pictures. She slept with her Duffy every night at WDW and every night since coming home and had him out with her for the plane ride home to Michigan. I think Duffy has a big fan. We saw the ad for this program but didn’t get a chance to see it while there. Looking forward to sharing it with her later tonight.

Amy from FL on December 8th, 2011 at 2:48 pm

This is really cute, but to me, Duffy is for ALL ages. He’s not just for little kids. I’m in my late 30′s and I’ve been a Duffy fan for years. I love taking my Duffy on all sorts of adventures. My mom has a Duffy as well and so does one my aunt.