Fireworks at Cinderella Castle

New Muppets Merchandise Coming To Disney Parks

posted on November 16th, 2011 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Muppets Merchandise Coming To Disney Parks

Being a long time fan of The Muppets, I’m beyond thrilled that their new movie will be arriving in theaters on November 23. I recall seeing their first motion picture as a child, so I can’t wait to take my children. My fellow Disney Parks Blog author Michelle Harker recently told you about a special event on November 18 at Disneyland Resort celebrating the Muppets. I figured it was a good time to look at some of the other new Muppets merchandise coming to Disney Parks.

My first stop was my office neighbor Julie Young who develops Disney Pins. The pin pictured above is one of the only items created for Disney Parks celebrating the new film. It has an edition size of 1,500 and will be released at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Julie also showed me the Vinylmation – Muppets Series Two mystery pin set coming in Spring 2012.

Muppets Merchandise Coming To Disney Parks

A new Disney Parks Racer inspired by Animal will also be arriving next spring. It will only be sold in a special two-pack set along with a Kermit the Frog Racer.

Muppets Merchandise Coming To Disney Parks

But racing into locations even sooner are four new action figure sets featuring The Muppets as characters from Star Wars. You may recall that I gave you a first look at these new figures this past June. The image above contains the three remaining sets (including my favorite with Sam the Eagle as Obi-Wan Kenobi – both favorite characters of mine). I particularly like the images on the back of the packaging that place the Muppets into scenes from the Star Wars universe.

Muppets Merchandise Coming To Disney Parks

Finally, Cody Hampton, associate product developer for toys and games, showed me a new Muppets figure set that is arriving in time for the holidays Spring 2012. We have created several figure sets over the years. The thing that impressed me the most with this new set is the attention to detail. I think I know what I am getting my son for his birthday now.

Look for these sets and other Muppets related items in a variety of locations throughout Disneyland and Walt Disney World. I hope you enjoy the film as much as I will.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

19 Comments 1 Reply

Diana from NY on November 16th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

The more Muppets, the better! Back in October, I bought a Kermit winter hat in the Studios for myself, and the Animal hat for my sister (as a birthday present). I’ve been stopped by quite a few people out in public – everyone loves Kermit! And my sister has texted me several times to say people have stopped her about her Animal hat. One lady even yelled out her car window!

All of this is evidence that people simply cannot get enough of the Muppets :)

kendra on November 16th, 2011 at 5:19 pm

We love the muppets!! Sad the racers will not be out during our visit this month… but when they are out, animal will have pupils right?

Joe on November 16th, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Hi- You show the “3 remaining sets”of the muppsets as star wars- what happened to the 4th with Beeker? Beeker is one of my faves and didn’t know if that set never came out or sold out? Going next week and I collect Disney characters as others (like Stitch as Capt. Barbosa and star wars Minnie and Mickey) and haveto look for these guys. Thanks in advance for your answer!

Steven Miller on November 16th, 2011 at 5:47 pm

@Diana – What a funny story to share! The Muppets rule! :-)

@Kendra – Cody said that the vehicle will not have pupils. The reason – they are supposed to be windshields like you would find on an actual car.

@Joe – Check out the previous article I shared in June for the image: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/06/the-force-is-strong-with-the-muppets-at-disney-parks/

I figured I could show the back of the packaging rather than show that set again.

Fred from CA on November 16th, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Thanks for the update on the Muppet Star Wars figures Steven! :)
Are they available now?

I am a big Muppet fan from WAY back, and I am really looking forward to the new film!

…I DON’T CARE what the pessimistic naysayers and haters say; from all of the info that has been made avalibe, the movie WILL have a classic Muppet feel!

robert on November 16th, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Wonderful!! Was at DHS last month thinking that more Muppets merchandise would be welcome!!!!!

Jordana on November 16th, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I adore the Muppets and was wondering if there’s going to be any tees or pjs released for the grown ups? I’d totally buy an adult sized version of one I saw about 2 years ago, at the Disney Store, that had all the Muppets Faces on it.

Otto on November 17th, 2011 at 9:53 am

The Muppets where an integral part of my youth and I love it that they are back. I hope we also can see a new Muppetshow on tv again in the old format.

Susanna on November 17th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Can you give us a date on the action figures? PLEASE?
I’ve been calling Merchandise Guest Services since October with no luck. :(

Samuel from CA on November 17th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Are the Star Wars Muppet Sets available now? Or, is there a release date? I will be coming by this afternoon!

Steven Miller on November 17th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

@Fred, Susanna and Samuel – I checked with the planning team who said that the initial order for the Muppets as Star Wars characters sets will be arriving at Disneyland and Walt Disney World in early December. We don’t have a firm date at this point (hoping to avoid any Imperial entanglements :-) There will be additional orders arriving at the begining of 2012.

@Jordana – I recall seeing those as well. But I don’t know of any plans to create such pajamas for Disney Parks. I learned there are a couple of new shirts coming in December. I didn’t have images at the time of press. They feature Kermit the Frog, Beeker and Animal. The shirt has most of their bodies yet your head is supposed to replace their heads (if that makes sense). They will work well with those fun hats that Diana mentioned.

Jordana on November 17th, 2011 at 11:06 pm

@Steven Miller- No Piggy? I’ve seen alot of Animal shirts over the last few years at Kohls and Target. And a few Kermits as well. Never seen any Miss Piggys though except for Old Navy in the kids section. Any chance they’ll forgo those odd body shirts and go with the whole Muppet?

Tracey from NJ on November 19th, 2011 at 11:53 am

Any chance they will bring back the big Kermit statue,sitting on the log, with his banjo…little fireflies around him and it plays “Rainbow Connection?” I still kick myself that I never bought it. It used to be sold in EPCOT at the “Art of Animation” store and at the Studios at the Muppet gift shop by the exit to the MuppetVision 3-D attraction

William from Andhra Pradesh on November 21st, 2011 at 10:15 am

These are so awesome! I am so excited to see Sam! Does anyone know if there are new Star Wars Potato Heads? Possibly Muppets?

Steven Miller on November 22nd, 2011 at 9:37 am

@Jordana – I don’t know of any plans for such shirts. I did see a few additional options on http://www.DisneyStore.com – including some shirts that are on sale (woohoo!). :-)

@Tracey – Great question. I know exactly which big fig you remember. I’ll have to do some research.

@William – I asked the toy development team for Disney Parks. They said they do not have plans at this time for such things. Sorry. And I’m glad to know there is another Sam fan out there!

Anonymous on November 26th, 2011 at 9:47 pm

My daughter was dressed as Kermit the frog for Halloween, she was so cute with her Kermit Hat. I love all the merchandise for the movie. Can’t wait to get to WDW to get some..

Fred from CA on December 11th, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Just to let people know, I saw the Muppets Star Wars action figures on sale at Disneyland yesterday. So they are now out. :)

Evanne on December 12th, 2011 at 8:11 pm

does anyone know if there will be a muppets series #3 vinylmation in the near future…. They could totally make one of walter…… :)

Andy on December 13th, 2011 at 10:13 am

They need to make a rizzo as mickey mouse figure. i would buy that up in a heartbeat!

Evanne on December 13th, 2011 at 2:05 pm

@andy they did make one for one of the vinylmation park series, I have no idea which park series, I also have no idea if it’s still available for purchase at the parks/store but I do know one thing,they still have the pin version available at disneystore.
Happy Hunting :)