Grizzly River Run

Sneak Peek: Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Begins November 14

posted on November 2nd, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle at Disneyland Park

Now that all the ghosts and ghouls are heading back inside the Haunted Mansion, it’s time to get ready for Holidays at the Disneyland Resort! From November 14 to January 8, the Disneyland Resort transforms into a winter wonderland, with twinkling lights, fireworks and even snow! Here’s a peek at some of the holiday festivities we’re getting ready for this year. We’ll have details on these celebrations and more soon on the Disney Parks Blog.

• In Mickey’s Toontown, Mickey and Minnie Mouse will each have their own Christmas trees at their homes.
  • At The Disney Gallery on Main Street, U.S.A., “All Aboard for A Grand Circle Tour of the Trains of Disney!” will display vintage and new art celebrating Walt Disney’s love of trains.
  • In Disney California Adventure park, a holiday addition to the “World of Color” nighttime water spectacular will feature Lanny and Wayne, Santa’s techno-savvy elves from the “Prep & Landing” holiday specials.
  • Phineas and Ferb will be throwing a rockin’, rollin’ holiday party on the streets of Disney California Adventure park, inviting guests to join in the fun.
  • Along with all the new and exciting touches, guest favorites like “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, the nightly snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A, “it’s a small world” Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle will also be returning this year.

For more on Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com/Holidays. What is your favorite part of this time of year at the Disneyland Resort?

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Dinah on November 2nd, 2011 at 1:05 pm

i am soooooo excited!! this is my favorite time of the year @ disneyland. i can’t wait, and all the new things sound awesome!! my absolute fave rave part is when it snows on main st. don’t tell anyone but i cry every time. ;)

Ehren on November 2nd, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Do the Christmas parade and fireworks run until January 8th?

Erin Glover on November 2nd, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Ehren – A Christmas Fantasy Parade and “Believe… in Holiday Magic” Fireworks Show will be part of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort through January 8. Be sure to check the daily entertainment schedule for dates and times: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar.

Angie from BC on November 2nd, 2011 at 3:57 pm

26 more sleeps!

Kevin on November 2nd, 2011 at 4:06 pm

We’ll be there the first weekend of December. Can’t wait!

Dianna on November 2nd, 2011 at 4:25 pm

When is the taping of the Christmas Parade, that will air on Christmas day? My family and I would love to go and enjoy this exciting event!

Dinah on November 2nd, 2011 at 4:28 pm

erin: will there by an AP holiday sale this year at world of disney? my friend and i are anxiously waiting for it.

Erin Glover on November 2nd, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Dinah – At this time, there is not an AP Holiday Sale scheduled.

Danette from NV on November 2nd, 2011 at 4:56 pm

We are going to be going a few times over the course of the season, I’m so excited for WOC. I loved Prep and Landing and a holiday Phineas and Ferb, that’s just great

Brent on November 2nd, 2011 at 6:12 pm

This’ll be the first Holiday Season in years that I won’t be able to visit the Resort. :( Can’t wait until my time in Korea’s done. Just 10 more months to go, lol.

Teri on November 2nd, 2011 at 6:14 pm

My mind always goes to the special food items for the holidays. Will there be the gingerbread beignets at the Cafe Orleans this year too? I got there just in time last year and they were A-MAZING! with the eggnog sauce on the side it’s like a Christmas explosion in my mouth.

Erin Glover on November 2nd, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog, Teri – we’ll have updates on the holiday goodies soon. :)

Melinda from OR on November 2nd, 2011 at 6:44 pm

We will be at DLR Nov 9-13th any chance there will be holiday lighting on display by then?

Corvett on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I’ll be taking my Husband and our 2 daughters this christmas, it will be their first trip and I havent been since 1988. There is so much to do and see, especially at the holidays. We would love to know what special holliday things are ‘must-see’s”. So excited, My hubby and I are counting down, the girls wont know until xmas morning and we’ll be leaving that evening.

Kera on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Awww, I’m bummed about the AP sale :( I love it! But I also love Disney at Christmas time. I could walk down Main Street every night and be the happiest person ever. Can’t wait!

Tammie on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Does “From November 14 to January 8, the Disneyland Resort transforms into a winter wonderland, with twinkling lights, fireworks and even snow!” mean that all aspects of the holidays will remain on display through the 8th this year? Or will things start to be dismantled as usual around the 4th? (We make a yearly trip the first week in January and usually the Haunted Mansion and It’s a Small World are already closed…)

Erin Glover on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:16 pm

That’s correct – our holiday celebration continues all the way to January 8.

Holly from CA on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:32 pm

So excited for our Disney Christmas trip! When will information about the Candlelight Processional be released?

Bob on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:34 pm

My wife, kids and I have a trip planned the week before Christmas. We did it two years ago and had an amazing time. Even though our kids are older, we can’t wait!

Aurora on November 2nd, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Hi I was just wondering how I can get invited to the AP events? I always read on Facebook of people attending these events and I am never able to find out where exactly I sign up.

Melisa on November 2nd, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Awesome!!! We arrive at Disneyland on Nov. 23rd!!!! Never been there this time of year. Any special food items that will be around this time of year, that we shouldn’t miss?

Erin Glover on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog, Melisa – we’ll be featuring holiday treats in the coming weeks.

Dinah on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:10 pm

oh no, totally bummed about the AP sale, but like kera, love DL @ christmas. can’t wait to see what holiday goodies you guys come up with this year.

Judy from ID on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Erin, I WANT to get excited……..but until I for sure know the details regarding parades, fireworks, etc for our trip planned January 3-6, I cant get too giddy. I love DLR, but am frustrated by how slow they are to update calendars. Right now details are only posted through the second week in December.

Loren on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I cannot wait for Holiday Time! I’ve always loved all of the things at Disneyland (The Winter Castle Lighting and the snow on Main Street always make me tear up), but I’m very excited about some of the offerings at Disney California Adventure. The Prep & Landing additions to World of Color sound great, but I’m so excited about Phineas and Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Holiday Party. There is so much fun Phineas and Ferb holiday music and can’t wait to see them perform to it!

Doris on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:05 pm

We can’t wait, husband will be celebrating his 66th. birthday, and I’ll be celebrating my 65th. birthday at Disneyland, just before Thanksgiving. Love it!!!

Erin Glover on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Happy birthday to you both, Doris!

Mary on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:27 pm

This year I went to Disneyland & California Parks in March and September and as usual had a blast!!! I am taking my son and his family and my boyfriend in March and next year we are planning to go at Christmas (unless he will take just me this year) still working on that! We look forward to every trip. It has been 8 years since I have seen Disneyland decorated for Christmas. I cant wait!!! I just love Disneyland!

anastasia on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Do you know when the candy cane schedule will be released? I am hoping to get one this year!

Duane on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I will be there November 14 for my first holiday visit to Disneyland. I can’t wait to see the new holiday additions and the old ones that will be new to me!

JENNIFER on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:28 am

Is the snowfall on Main Street a separate event, or is it a part of the fireworks show? I keep hearing different things, and I wanna make sure to see it, cause I live in AZ and we don’t see snow very often.

Erin Glover on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Jennifer – the forecast calls for flurries throughout the evening as Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle lights up for the night, but you can expect heavier snowfall during the finale of the “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks show.

Elise on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:56 am

Always wanted to see DLR at Christmas. If we arrive on the 4th of Jan… I understand the X-mas parade & fireworks will be up until 1/8….will the X-mas decor still be up? I was told they start taking them down on the 2nd?

Krista on November 3rd, 2011 at 9:04 am

Christmas is the best time to go to Disneyland. I wish I could still afford to go :(. At least I have the memories. I hope everyone else has a magical time there this year! :)

Shannon from CO on November 3rd, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I love being in the snow at the “Happiest Place on Earth”

Julie on November 3rd, 2011 at 5:40 pm

My favorite has got to be coming around the corner to Main Street and seeing the castle all decorated for the holidays and then to see the snow fall…beautiful! This will be our first holiday visit as annual pass holders and we are so excited. Nothing beats Disneyland at the holidays!

Suzanne on November 4th, 2011 at 1:58 am

I love every magical inch, but my favorite is the Candlelight Celebration with the fireworks and nightly snowfall a close second followed by the nightly lighting of “it’s a small world” Holiday.

Margo on November 4th, 2011 at 6:35 am

Dianna from post 5, the filming for the Christmas parade is this saturday November 5th. And there will be other filming on the 6th probably at the castle. They haven’t said who all is going to be there this yr. But we only have to wait one more day to find out. I actually had my CD from the music of A Christmas Fantasy on today going in the car that a friend made for me a few yrs ago to get me in the spirit for the holidays. Last week they snow was up on the roof of the turrets of the castle. I am so excited about going. I have a lot of friends in the parade and this is my way of showing them my support. Way to go everyone who is in the parade. Love ya all!! See u saturday!!

chrisitne on November 10th, 2011 at 9:57 am

when will the Christmas Processional be held?