Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Is Play-Tested at Walt Disney World

posted on November 8th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Watch carefully over the coming days and you may see people casting spells in Adventureland. Walt Disney Imagineering has recruited Cast Members to test a new interactive experience: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Is Play-Tested at Walt Disney World Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Is Play-Tested at Walt Disney World Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Is Play-Tested at Walt Disney World

Early next year, Disney Guests become the heroes in this role-playing trading-card game as they try to defeat the Disney Villains who are working to take over the Magic Kingdom. Armed with magic spells in the form of special cards, players must search for the magic symbols that lead them to the animated villains’ hiding places. By casting different magical spell cards, these Sorcerers can do battle with Yzma, Kronk and other ne’er do wells hiding throughout the land. From fireballs to frantic frogs and cyclones, there are spells to bring down each and every villain, with a simple flick of the wrist.

The game will be included in park admission.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Amy on November 8th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

My kids can not wait to try this out!

Adam on November 8th, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Can’t wait to do this. Like Kim Possible, but even better looking in my opinion.

Samantha on November 8th, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I cant wait for this. It looks like so much fun and I hope to learn secrets about MK. I cant wait to see Yzma, Kronk!

Sarah on November 8th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

When??? When when when when when can I try this?? This looks so wonderful!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 9th, 2011 at 8:52 am

All I’ve been told at this point is “early next year.”

Brian from FL on November 8th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Kids? Nevermind the kids! *I* want to try this out!!

Bob on November 8th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

This looks like a lot of fun! I think I will enjoy this as much as my son. :-)

Angela on November 8th, 2011 at 5:46 pm

My 14 year old DD just got really exicted about this!!!

Bobby from CA on November 8th, 2011 at 6:49 pm

The idea of this sounds much like from the Kingdom Keepers series. The villians try to take over the parks, but kids stop them. Sounds interesting though. Wish they could do something like this at DLR.

Joey on November 8th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Card games in theme parks!

Sarah from ON on November 8th, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Will be in Disney World at the end of January with hubbie and daughters (7 and 9). Fingers crossed that this will be ready! If not, we would love to be play-testers!!!!!

Brooke from CA on November 8th, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Can you spell Kingdom Keepers? What I don’t get is why Disney keeps using the basics of KK for stuff that they don’t actually base off of the books. I mean, they asked Ridley Pearson to write it, and it already has a large fan base, so why not go off of that? Seems so strange to me…

ryan from FL on November 8th, 2011 at 9:17 pm

This looks exciting!
The keyholes really give it a Kingdom Hearts feel too.
Looks really fun!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 9th, 2011 at 8:53 am

It does look really fun and interactive!

Jeff on November 8th, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I agree with Bobby from California, it does sound a lot like the Kingdom Keepers series. I definitely want to see more of how this works. It looks like a lot of fun.

Where all in Adventureland is this happening? Why is it just in Adventureland? It could just as easily be throughout the Magic Kingdom or even all of the Parks there in Walt Disney World.

Kristen from MA on November 9th, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Sounds fun, just don’t want it to ruin the integrity of the lands. Glowing Mickey Sorcerer in Adventureland? Not sure it goes along with the congos.

Stephanie from ON on November 12th, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Wow, this looks amazing! After visiting in May 2011 and trying out Kim Possible’s World Showcase Adventre (probably the reason Epcot is now our new favourite Park) we can’t wait for our next WDW vacation to try this out! (Let the countdown begin – tick, tick, tick)

Glendon from ON on November 12th, 2011 at 11:51 pm

I so wish I was able to be one of the tester’s the other day!!!

melissa on November 13th, 2011 at 9:13 am

February was our last visit and my son was asked to do something similar but we were in Hollywood Studios. He had a blast casting spells. It was also amazing to see and meet some of the Disney Cast Members as well. Thank you Disney for a Magical Moment for my family.

Colleen from TX on November 14th, 2011 at 9:32 am

My husband doesn’t know yet but we will be there next September (Food and Wine Run) and I can’t wait to play this game.

Kenneth on November 15th, 2011 at 9:21 am

Looks great! I’m really excited. I assume that it is only in Adventure land as a start. Think of each land as an ‘expansion’ pack as it develops.