Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

‘World of Color’ at Disney California Adventure Park Celebrates 1,000th Performance Tonight

posted on November 11th, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

‘World of Color’ at Disney California Adventure Park

Tonight marks an exciting milestone for “World of Color” – its 1,000th performance. Since the nighttime spectacular debuted in June 2010, the show – conceived as a kind of “living ‘Fantasia’” has used music, animation, color, light and water to amaze millions of guests at Disney California Adventure park.

“World of Color” employs brand-new technologies developed especially for the show by Walt Disney Imagineering – fountains with multiple moving heads, a “movie screen” on water – but one of the most amazing aspects of the show is its ability to continuously change.

“I am so proud that ‘World of Color’ has reached its 1,000th performance,” Steve Davison, Vice President, Parades & Spectaculars for Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment and Creative Director for “World of Color,” told the Disney Parks Blog. ”For me, one of the most exciting aspects of the show is that the technology that we developed has the flexibility to adapt and change without taking the show down for refurbishment. We’ve already had a lot of fun with the TRON tag, and we’re really excited to be introducing another new segment in time for the holidays!”

Be sure to check out Lanny & Wayne from “Prep & Landing,” in a special “World of Color” holiday sequence beginning November 14.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Jesse on November 11th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

That’s so exciting that World of Color is already at 1,000 shows! I remember I first saw it June 15, 2010, so it’s cool say I saw it within the first few days of its opening. I can’t wait to see the holiday sequence!

Domonic on November 11th, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Oh wow, Hooray! World Of Color beats any Disney Parks Show! My favorite was the TRON segments. Can Not Wait until the next time I see World of Color! WOC should totally do more 90′s Characters and Movies =P

Dean on November 11th, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I first saw it on June 23rd 2010 and was literally BLOWN AWAY! I LOVE World of Color! I agree Domonic. It does beat any Disney Parks Show.

Walt would approve if he saw it.

Jennifer on November 11th, 2011 at 7:43 pm

World of Color is my very favorite Disney show. I didn’t expect to love Disneyland as much as I do. I’ve been to WDW several times and Hubby practicaly grew up there, but our first trip to DL was over Labor Day for the DL Half Marathon. I found the parks very intimate and enjoyable. And World of Color, in my book, is the pinnacle of Disney imagineering. I hope to enjoy it again soon–and for many years to come!

Trisha from CA on November 11th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

This show is amazing. Its magnificence always blows me away. Spectacular. Thanks for continually changing it up here and there :)

Fred from CA on November 11th, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Awesome! I love World of Color! And I agree, with Dominic and Dean.

I still wish that Disney would put Bolt in the show. Perhaps in the finale.

Thomas on November 11th, 2011 at 8:26 pm

WOW! Time flies!! I was there opening day- got in line at 3:30AM! Got to see the very first public show! I loved Carnivale of Color, too! It’s too bad that doesn’t still show before the main show… ;)

Congrats WOC and all those who contributed to your creation! *insert round of applause here*
:D

Skip from FL on November 12th, 2011 at 12:28 am

It would be wonderful to see an announcement like this for the 1000th performance at W.D.W.!

Corey on November 12th, 2011 at 3:38 pm

We’ve only seen WOC once, but it was pretty amazing! It’s like Fantasia Takes a Shower and Runs Through the Sprinkler. If you’ve never seen it before, I do have one word of warning: Bring a poncho. You WILL get wet.

Otto on November 13th, 2011 at 11:38 am

Congratulations on this awesome achievement!
I hope I can one day watch this show in Walt Disney World, It looks wonderfull!
I also like how this kind of shows are “easaly” changed for the seasons, it stays fresh like that.

Jason on November 14th, 2011 at 3:06 pm

You won’t get wet unless you sit in the very front in the ‘soak zone’ :D