Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Decorate Your Desktop For the Holidays with Disney Parks Wallpaper

posted on December 12th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Happy holiday season, everyone! We’re happy to start our week off by sharing our latest Disney Parks Blog desktop wallpaper with all of you.

Mickey Joy Riding in Santa's Sleigh, Pulled by Dumbo the Flying Elephant, an Astro Orbitor Rocket and a Pirate Ship from Peter Pan’s Flight

Here, Mickey is joy riding in what may be the most magical Santa’s sleigh of all – which is pulled by some of our parks’ most beloved attraction vehicles: a flying elephant from Dumbo the Flying Elephant, an Astro Orbitor rocket and a pirate ship from Peter Pan’s Flight.

Be sure to check out the terms of use about using the wallpaper before you download it.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Angie on December 12th, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Hello,

I was wondering how to download the screen savers?

Angie

P.S. I have been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld many times but never at christmas. I hope one day to see either at Christmas before I kick the bucket. :-)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 13th, 2011 at 10:19 am

They are wallpapers, not screen savers, so the installation is a bit different.

Sandra M. from MI on December 12th, 2011 at 4:23 pm

ho ho ho

Dean on December 12th, 2011 at 6:12 pm

That is hilarious! I love it!!!

Louie from CA on December 13th, 2011 at 1:22 am

Thanks for sharing Jennifer, I always look forward to the lastest wallpapers the blog comes up with!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 13th, 2011 at 10:19 am

Thanks so much, Louie. :)

Mary on December 15th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

These are great, but I was hoping y’all would have some great pics of park scenes for wallpaper. For example, the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian, Christmas tree at Magic Kingdom, the Osborn Family lights at MGM, the candlelight processional, etc….

Joanne on December 19th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I agree with Mary – though this is really nice – some photos from the parks would also be lovely. In addition to Mary’s suggestions – I’d love to see an image of the Haunted Mansion @ Disneyland done up with the Nightmare Before Christmas decorations (STILL WAITING FOR THIS TO BE DONE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY THE WAY!!!!!)

@Angie: There really is nothing like Disney at Christmas. Its extra magical. Especially when you live in FL and its hard to get into the Christmas mood when its still 70-80 degrees outside – Disney really goes all out to imbue the Christmas spirit in you (plus its always cooler up in Orlando than in Miami, where I am – and that helps a lot). The ONLY problem is that the parks tend to be pretty crowded around this time (and my FL Resident Seasonal Pass in blacked out for more than half of Dec.) The nice thing is that Disney starts decorating early (I was there last month and on the last day of our trip, Nov. 4th, I started to see some Christmas decorations already and a large amount of Christmas merchandise was available in the shops) and they also keep the decorations up past the 25th. (I *think* the decorations are up through the first week of January – but I could be wrong and it could be only through New Years – Disney??). It tends to start getting really crowded around Dec 18th though during the week after Christmas the crowds thin out significantly. I’ve visited that week and also early in Dec before and had a wonderful time. Though I do think it would be absolutely magically wonderful to wake up on Christmas Morning at Disney – especially with little kids and especially at one of the deluxe resorts – You could even set up a miniature tree in your hotel room for presents. Once I have kids of my own, I’m definitely going to have to do that with them at least once – and just brave the crowds. I’ve heard that the Magic Kingdom is really packed on Christmas, because where else would you want to be, really? I think that a good way around that would be to spend a week or so there and on Christmas day not really worry so much about riding rides at the Magic Kingdom and just wander around enjoying the ambiance. Also, make sure that you visit all of the deluxe resorts during Christmas time because some of the best decorations are found there – like the aforementioned Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian, the HUGE Christmas trees at the Wilderness Lodge (which really makes you feel as though you’re snowed in somewhere in the NW) and the Animal Kingdom Lodge … each resort has their own theme and slightly different interpretation of Xmas – from absolute elegance to rustic to homey to humorous and none of them are to be missed. I always tell people who are visiting Disney for the first time to dedicate at least a day to exploring the resorts (and/or to have dinner at a different one each night – the food is generally much much better than what you get at most of the restaurants in the parks and it gives you a great excuse to explore the resorts and their gift shops – which have items that cannot be found elsewhere).

Thanks to Disney for the wallpaper and for everything you do to make Disney the most magical place on earth. I’ll see you in January for my birthday!! :)