Walt Disney and Mickey Statue at Cinderella Castle

Dumbo Adorns the Stern of the Disney Fantasy

posted on December 27th, 2011 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

It’s not every day that you see a flying elephant! But that’s exactly the scene that played out at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Germany the other week when the beloved Disney character Dumbo was placed on the stern of the Disney Fantasy.

Dumbo Adorns the Stern of the Disney Fantasy

This is another construction milestone in preparation of the Disney Fantasy’s maiden voyage on March 31, 2012.

Dumbo Adorns the Stern of the Disney Fantasy

And Dumbo isn’t the only Disney character who will adorn the stern. He’ll be joined by Timothy Q. Mouse, who will sail the high seas from atop the hat of his flying pal Dumbo.

Timothy Q. Mouse Adorns the Stern of the Disney Fantasy, Sailing the High Seas From Atop the Hat of Dumbo

In case you missed it, take a look back at the video in which Walt Disney Imagineers offer a behind-the-scenes look at how the Disney Fantasy’s icon came to life.

Only 95 days left until this new Disney Cruise Line ship sets sail. Who is planning to explore the Caribbean with Dumbo and Timothy in 2012?

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Tim from WI on December 27th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

We are already packed for April 7th. We can’t wait!

Kimberly from MA on December 27th, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Wish I could start packing!! But since I’m not booked until September, I think I should wait…..

David from FL on December 27th, 2011 at 3:22 pm

We did a back2back cruise on the Dream this past September. We booked a Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy for December 2012. We are really looking forward to seeing the differences in the two ships. The Dream, by the way is a beautiful ship, and we know the Fantasy will be just as GRAND!!!

Ryan on December 27th, 2011 at 5:10 pm

We just cruised the Disney Dream for our honeymoon; not 5 minutes onboard and we’d already decided we’d be back for another Disney Cruise. We’ll definitely be checking out hte Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy, maybe for our anniversary later next year!

Mary from KY on December 27th, 2011 at 6:40 pm

We’re booked for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Fantasy in October 2012. Going in style – concierge cabin. So excited!!

Edward from LA on December 27th, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I look forward to sail my Fantasy soon!

Shelly from IL on December 28th, 2011 at 8:57 am

Can’t wait for the Maiden Voyage!! Our stateroom is where the workers are standing – woohoo!

MIchelle on December 31st, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Oh I cant wait! I just booked our trip for December 2012 as well. It will be our first cruise and I think the Fantasy is a FANTASTIC ship to celebrate our first sail.

Scott from NY on January 4th, 2012 at 9:30 pm