Disney's Electrical Parade

Ghirardelli is Coming to Disney California Adventure Park

posted on December 1st, 2011 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Ghirardelli is Coming to Disney California Adventure Park

I’m so excited to let you know that there will soon be a new place to satisfy your sweet tooth at the Disneyland Resort. In late spring 2012, a new Ghirardelli location will open at the Pacific Wharf area, inside Disney California Adventure park!

The soda fountain and chocolate shop, similar to the location at Downtown Disney in the Walt Disney World Resort – which has been a must-do for me (and many of you, I’m sure) for 13 years – will feature Ghirardelli’s world-famous hot fudge sundaes and chocolate products. And each guest will be able to receive complimentary samples of their signature Ghirardelli Squares chocolate!

You can find out more about Ghirardelli – their chocolate treats, products and gifts – by checking out their Facebook page.

I know I’ll be counting down the days until I can get my Ghirardelli hot fudge sundae! Who’s with me?

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Dinah on December 1st, 2011 at 1:07 pm

OMG, you just made my day, Erin!! Question is: How will I ever be able to wait????

(As a sidenote: As a direct result of the video you made with Michelle, I will definitely be buying Christmas Yoda. How can i not??? Thanks for the find!).

Erin Glover on December 1st, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I know, Dinah! I’m pretty excited, too.

And yes – Yoda you must have! :)

Catherine from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Yay for free chocolate samples. I really missed the Mission Tortilla Factory but I’m so excited about Ghiradelli. I love their chocolates and sundaes.

Juliana on December 1st, 2011 at 1:11 pm

wow! Great news!! I love Ghirardelli and see (and eat!) will make it even more awesome. Magical combination indeed.

Eric on December 1st, 2011 at 1:29 pm

On my WDW trips, I’d always arrive too late to hit the parks, and have to spend my first evenings wandering around Downtown Disney–Which always meant a fudge-and-caramel Cable Car sundae by the waterside at the little DD Marketplace Ghiardelli’s. :)
Nice to know the West coasters will be able to do the same. I’m assuming it’ll be near DCA’s San Francisco?

John on December 1st, 2011 at 1:46 pm

This is totally going to ruin my workouts next year…but I can see about walking it off around both parks.

Thor from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Awesome! I was hoping those rumors would finally be announced!

I love the Ghiradelli soda fountain at Disney World, and I was so looking forward to a version of it at DCA. Thank you for finally announcing this plan, it makes a great early Christmas present!

Amanda on December 1st, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I was sad to see the Tortilla factory go but this is definitely an adequate replacement. How exciting!

Jorge on December 1st, 2011 at 2:42 pm

This is very exciting! Just wish it was coming from my trip in a few days lol, but finally!

Loren from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I always thought this area could use a candy store or something like that, but a Ghiradelli candy store AND ice cream shop takes that thought to an entirely new level. So excited!

Bobby from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I was wondering if the rumor about this was true or not. Although I am sad to see the Mission Tortilla Factory go (especially with the free tortillas, and pack of tortillas on your birthday), this is definitely going to be something I will do every time now. Will Ghirardelli’s be doing the same offering as the Mission Tortilla Factory did with the birthday tortillas, but instead or tortillas chocolate?

Shannon on December 1st, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Woohoo! Made my day, now the question is what do you mean Late spring? Planning on coming in Mid- May for my 5th wedding anniversary. Would LOVE a hot fudge sundae!!

Miguel on December 1st, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh wow… what torture. What a delicious, delectable, enticing, if-there’s-anything-that-could-keep-me-away-from-CarsLand-then-this-would-be-it kind of a tortuous place!

Must… resist… temptation……….

I only hope that there won’t be a specially fragrant aroma wafting across the park from this place. Or maybe I do…

Shari on December 1st, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I am excited about this too! I didn’t know that the tortilla factory was leaving, and that is sad, but chocolate will be so much better! I would love to know the date as well since my husband and I will be down in early May for our 2nd anniversary.

Amber from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I still miss the Maseca Dog and warm tortillas. Ghirardelli is a good thematic replacement though. I sure hope there will be samples of DARK chocolate!!

Carrie from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Thank you, Disney, for bringing a Ghirardelli Soda Fountain back to the Greater LA area! Since the Pasadena store closed years ago, I’ve been lugging jars of Ghirardelli hot fudge back from Walt Disney World a couple of times a year and stockpiling them. Now I can just keep one or two jars on hand, like a normal person!

Erin Glover on December 1st, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Are you suggesting that stockpiling jars of Ghirardelli hot fudge is not normal? :)

Bonnie from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I Love Chocolate ! And Coffee too ! Just sorry to see the Tortilla Factory go…

Kristina on December 1st, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Any chance a location will be in Downtown Disney too???? Would love to be able to go to Ghirardelli without paying to go into the park…. that would be one expensive hot fudge sundae:) Please have a location in Downtown Disney too!!!

Andrew on December 1st, 2011 at 5:33 pm

*GASP* Disney you have done it again!!!! Love love love Ghirardelli! This invokes memories of San Francisco, Ghirardelli Square and some great times with my family!

John on December 1st, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Most excellent! Sad to see the Tortilla Factory to go, but grew up on the original Soda Fountain and Ice Cream shop at Ghiradelli Square. Can’t wait to go. Real good addition to DCA. Best chocolate in the world.

Tsz Leung from ON on December 1st, 2011 at 5:53 pm

uh.. why no replica of the famous ”Ghirardelli” lighted sign? When people think about Pacific Wharf/ Bay area, they expect to see that hugh sign!

Amber on December 1st, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I am way too excited about this! Can not wait!

@Carrie – There is a Ghiradelli shop in the Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego. Closer than WDW, but I guess that won’t matter come spring. =)

SUZANNA from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 6:12 pm

This is the perfect addition to this DCA location. I’ve lived in the Bay Area as a young girl. And when ever I return to visit San Francisco Ghiradelli is a “must stop at”. When I visit the Disneyland Resort I so enjoy strolling through the Bay Area and Monterey attraction at DCA as if I’m home. Can’t wait to get my chocolate fix at the new Ghiradelle next time I’m at DCA, see you then! YUM :]

Dean on December 1st, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I’m with you! I can’t wait!

david on December 1st, 2011 at 6:32 pm

That is great! We sure missed their chocolate at Mickey’s Halloween Party this last year, though. I hope it will be back next year!

Carrie from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 6:32 pm

@Amber: True, but I go to Walt Disney World more often than I go to San Diego – LOL!

Connie on December 1st, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I am very excited for Ghirardelli to come to Disney California Adventure! I have visited Ghirardelli Square in San Fransisco and enjoyed a hot fudge and caramel sundae–it was “to die for.”

Andrea from AZ on December 1st, 2011 at 7:04 pm

This makes my day!!! This will be the perfect location for this as well!!! YUMM-O!!!

Shana on December 1st, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I am sooooo excited! Last time or so ago my hubby and I were walking around in Disney’s California Adventure Park, and I told him they should have a Ghirardelli’s here since the park seems to be mainly based on San Francisco. They ready my mind!! How exciting!! Although we do live in SD which actually has a bigger one then San Francisco, kind of funny I think… but it’s nice to know that we’ll be able to go on our wknd getaways to Anaheim!! :)

Ty on December 1st, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I feel like the odd one out with this one but when I go to disney parks I don’t want this. It feels too much like advertising and I don’t want advertising when I pay $100 to get in for a day. I go to escape reality. Not to go visit brands I can get at my mall. I know its more then a normal store but why cant we get an original attraction, or food. Ghirardellis belongs in downtown disney. Im sure it will be fine but all I can think about these are how much Ghiradellis is paying to have their name in the park.

Frankie on December 1st, 2011 at 7:58 pm

This is great. It’s going to be the perfect thing to add to the currently unannounced San Francisco area(Pacific Wharf)…now they just need to do something about the Lucky Fortune Cookery and Cocina Cucamonga to reflect more of the Fisherman’s Wharf disctrict of SF, because the themeing is there now if those restaurants are canged to replicate places like Alioto’s and No.9 Fisherman’s Grotto! Also couldn’t the victorian’s across from Little Mermaid entrance become at least a retail location, I mean making them a restroom isn’t up to their full potential.

Brandi on December 1st, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I’d rather have the Tortilla Factory! I love chocolate, but Ghirardelli chocolate isn’t that good.

Cindy on December 1st, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Thanks a lot Disney, now I will never be able to get my kids out of there to come and ride rides with me. I’ll be all alone in the park, AGAIN!!! LOL I still love you though

Alonso on December 1st, 2011 at 11:32 pm

This is awesome news, i’m really looking forward to it.

My question is, will this change affect the First Aid station? Or will First Aid be moving closer to the park entrance when Buena Vista Street opens.

Corey on December 2nd, 2011 at 12:27 am

Ghirardelli Chocate + Boudin Sourdough = Chocolate Sandwiches! Who’s with me?!

Gregory from PA on December 2nd, 2011 at 12:51 am

Now all we need is an Earl of Sandwich!

Daniel on December 2nd, 2011 at 10:19 am

I miss the tortillas.

Jeff on December 2nd, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Unfortunately, I’ve never been to the Ghirardelli store in WDW, but I have been to the one on Cannery Row in Monterey and I LOVE it! They have the best chocolates (I especially love the dark chocolate/raspberry and dark chocolate/caramel. YUM!!!). It’s a nice touch to have the store placed in the Row/Wharf area of DCA when there really is one on Cannery Row. Nice touch!!! Can’t wait to go to the DL Resort next year to see all the changes. Love it!

Debi on December 2nd, 2011 at 5:39 pm

That looks very much like the one on Cannery Row in Monterey. Is that what it’s modeled after?

Debi on December 2nd, 2011 at 5:40 pm

That looks almost identical to the one in Monterey on Cannery Row. Is that what it’s modeled after?

Marianne on December 3rd, 2011 at 1:21 pm

OH GOODY GOODY GUMDROPS!!!! SUPER EXCITED FOR GHIRADELLI’S JUST THE SOUND OF HOT FUDGE IS MAKING ME HAPPY….CA

JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER, MY HUSBAND HELPED TO BUILD THE PARK BUT SINCE THE BEGINNING IT HAS IMPROVED SO MUCH MORE! LOVE IT!

Fred from CA on December 5th, 2011 at 12:34 am

Very cool!

I’m so glad that there will be a replacement for the Tortilla factory.

Adam on December 7th, 2011 at 11:31 am

Now we just need a replica of the bay bridge to connect the SF’s Boudin bakery with Oaklands Ghirardelli!!