Disneyland Monorail

Mele Kaliki Tiki at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland Resort

posted on December 1st, 2011 by Tom Fitzgerald, Executive VP & Senior Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering

Mele Kaliki Tiki at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland Resort

In my role as creative executive for the Disneyland Resort, I get to work with our Disney Imagineering teams on so many cool things! In addition to the re-launch of Star Tours this year, it’s been really fun working on the renovation of the Disneyland Hotel – especially my favorite, Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar!

Mele Kaliki Tiki at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland Resort

Starting today, you’ll find some new holiday surprises from Sam, including décor, music, and some special new drinks that will be unique to the season.

Mele Kaliki Tiki at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland Resort

So, as Sam would say, “Head on in for the holidays!”

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Hotels & Resorts

Kelly on December 1st, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Well look at that. I’m at the top of the naughty list. I guess I can’t say I’m surprised. (:

Dean on December 1st, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I need to go there.

Robert on December 1st, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I love that everyone on the Naughty List are bartenders at Trader Sam’s! :)

Frankie on December 1st, 2011 at 7:38 pm

This sounds great just like all the other changes that are finishing up at the Disneyland Hotel. The renovation was well needed and turned out great!

Kevin on December 1st, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Tom,
I’m so mad reading this post! I’ve visited Disneyland Resort three times this year (from SF Bay Area) and think that Trader Sam’s is by far the most original highlight of all the additions this year (yes, more than Star Tours and Little Mermaid). It’s such a great place to come and visit.

So, why am I mad?

Cause it is going to KILL me to not see the new Christmas decor and drinks. :-) Worse, if you can call it that, is that we’re going to WDW just before New Year’s so that further compresses our free time during the holidays.

But, we may just have to make a special trip anyway, even if that means driving down and back in a single day from the Bay Area. It still would be worth it. These additions just look so awesome!!

Ty on December 1st, 2011 at 9:15 pm

one of my favorite places in the park

Catherine from CA on December 1st, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I’m on the Nice List but it’s Catherine with a C!

Gracie on December 2nd, 2011 at 1:37 am

I will be there on Saturday to try that cocktail! Woo Hoo

Kevin on December 2nd, 2011 at 1:21 pm

In the immortal words of Tina Fey, “I want to go to there.”

But can they make me a Kungaloosh?

Kristen on December 2nd, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Kevin–

I asked one of the bartenders about 2 weeks ago if he knew what a Kungaloosh is, and sadly he did not. But I didn’t ask any of the other bartenders so maybe someone else knows.

Eric from CA on December 2nd, 2011 at 2:00 pm

@Kevin – It’s not on the menu, but the cast are more than happy to make you an old or new Kungaloosh upon request! Trader Sam’s has a lot of the same vibe as the AC did, too – if you enter as a stranger, you will leave there as a friend!

Jeff on December 2nd, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I love the DL Hotel and we always stay there, but I can’t agree with everyone that all the renovations are welcome. You know what’s coming, right?
What happened to the waterfalls?!?! I’ve loved them since I was 5 years old (which was a LONG time ago), and my kids loved them just as much. We always stayed in the Bonita (yes I know its not called that anymore) Tower to have a constant view of the falls and the Fantasy Waters show. (Sigh.)
Also, the Neverland theming of the main pool will be sorely missed. It was magical. (Sigh. Sigh.)
Sorry, I’m not complaining, just lamenting (ok, it’s very close to complaining), but I have to agree with everyone that Trader Sam’s is AWESOME! (see I ended on a positive note :-)

Makenzie on December 2nd, 2011 at 3:32 pm

My bf and I discovered Trader Sam’s on our last trip in October. So much fun! And it’s a nice quiet break from the madness of the park. We fell in love with the Uh Oa drink and are excited to head back for another (or two) next weekend :)

Scott from NY on December 4th, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Kind of reminds me of how they used to put a santa hat on the Zeus Statue at the Adventurers Club in Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World. I miss that place…

Skip from FL on December 5th, 2011 at 12:09 am

Wow! That’s some list: Naughty / Nice
Hmmmm,……how about ‘All of the above’.