'it's a small world' Holiday

Sights & Sounds at Disney Parks: Park-Exclusive Holiday CDs

posted on December 5th, 2011 by Greg Ehrbar, Writer/Author, Disney's Yellow Shoes Creative Group

Disney Parks Holiday Medley CD, Featuring Performances from Goofy, Donald, Mickey and Minnie, Dr. Teeth, the Electric Mayhem of The Muppets and More

Disney Parks Holiday Medley

What you get: A collector’s treasury of 19 seasonal songs, carefully chosen by Grammy award-winning producer Ted Kryczko from the Walt Disney Records and Disney Parks music libraries. Songs include: “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” by Goofy, Mickey & Minnie; “White Christmas” by Goofy; “‘Zat You, Santa Claus?” by Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem; and many more.

Why it’s cool: Look who’s on the disc: Goofy, Donald, Mickey and Minnie; Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem of The Muppets; Park performers and orchestras (including some you might hear at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – like the Disney Dickens Christmas Carolers); plus superb studio vocalists performing original tunes created for various Walt Disney Records releases.

Candlelight Processional and Massed Choir Program: The Traditional Story of Christmas in Song and Narration as Presented at Epcot Holiday CD from Disney Parks

Candlelight Processional and Massed Choir Program

The Traditional Story of Christmas in Song and Narration as Presented at Epcot

What you get: The entire Epcot Candlelight Processional production, including the essay, “One Solitary Life,” narrated to perfection by Tony Award winner Phylicia Rashad, and magnificent performances of great music conducted by Derric Johnson and John A. Sinclair, including “Do You Hear What I Hear?” and “Hallelujah Chorus.”

Why it’s cool: How wonderful to have such a lovely 50-year Disney tradition, recorded for you to keep and to listen to anytime you want! The orchestra was recorded on “Stage M,” inside the Bing Crosby Building at Paramount Studios in Hollywood – where music from classics like White Christmas, Sunset Boulevard, The Ten Commandments and Star Trek were recorded. The vocals, including the Walt Disney World Resort Cast Choir and members of high school choirs from Apopka, Lake Howell, Dr. Phillips, Lake Mary and Lake Region and additional instrumentation were recorded here in Central Florida.

Walt Disney World Holiday Wishes CD, the Soundtrack from the Holiday Wishes Fireworks Spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park and Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park

Walt Disney World Holiday Wishes

What you get: The soundtrack from the Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park, PLUS the soundtrack from Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Why it’s cool: First of all, I love the cover and disc art, conceived by Quynh Kimball of the Disney Design Group. (Do you remember which Disney cartoon ended with that Pluto “stamp gag?”) Second, this is an excellent album for tree trimming or filling out holiday cards, rich in familiar themes, lavishly arranged in that great Disney Parks style. I even like listening to Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade during my runs!

All three of these albums are available exclusively at selected Disney Parks merchandise locations.

For information on purchasing select Disney merchandise items, call Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise Guest Services at 1-877-560-6477 or send an email to
merchandiseguestservices@disney.go.com.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Oleg from CA on December 5th, 2011 at 12:25 pm

is the holiday medley cd available at Disneyland?

Greg Ehrbar on December 5th, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Yes, it is. The other two discs are exclusive to Walt Disney World. Plus you can call or email our merchandise folks to order it direct from all of us to all of you.

Charles on December 5th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I would like to know when they are going to release a NEW recording of the Candlelight Processional with a different narrator. This has been out for at least 11 years now.

While I do love the CD, I would like a collection of them each with different narrators. I have this version as well as the one with Louis Gossett Jr….

Greg Ehrbar on December 5th, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I hear you, Charles! Maybe sometime it will happen, since there are so many fine narrators. It’s nice, though, that this particular version is still available.

Since we’re dreaming of new albums, I’m still wishing on a star for a nice Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue cast album!

Joseph from CA on December 6th, 2011 at 12:39 am

The Pluto “stamp gag” comes from my favorite Disney Christmas short, “Pluto’s Christmas Tree” from 1952. Chip and Dale cause all sorts of mischief when Mickey cuts down the tree they are in for his Christmas tree. The short ends with carolers Minnie, Goofy and Donald singing “Deck the Halls”. When Pluto howls along, he gets slapped with the “Do Not Open Til Xmas” stamp!

Joanna on December 6th, 2011 at 1:18 am

By the way…. the cartoon with the stamp on Pluto’s mouth was Pluto’s Christmastime– aside from Mickey’s Christmas Carol, it’s my favorite Disney Christmas cartoon of all time :)

(My third favorite is the cartoon where Donald is employed as a gift-wrapper! I work in retail, and when wrapping items quickly under pressure during the Holidays, I remind myself of Donald’s frustration and chuckle to myself! I am also not a very talented wrapper! Hahaha!!)

May I please ask which email address we should use to order theme park merchandise, like these CDs? Thank you so much for the wonderful blog– it always makes my day to read about what’s going on at the Parks until I can travel to them again someday!

Greg Ehrbar on December 7th, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Good answers on the cartoon! I love “Pluto’s Christmas Tree,” too. It’s got such great color styling as well as being very funny. Thanks for your nice comments!

Joanna – you can order Disney Parks merchandise by contacting Guest Services at
merchandiseguestservices@disney.go.com.
But the easiest way to find out the exact price and shipping, get more details and to place an order right there, call Merchandise Guest Services toll-free at 1-877-560-6477.

Margo on December 6th, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Since the Candlelight Processional is a different program out at Disneyland, is there a CD from the Disneyland version of Candlelight? Thanks for the info.

Greg Ehrbar on December 7th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

At this time, I am not aware of a Disneyland version, but it sure would be great. It is my hope that, if enough people purchase enough Park CDs, maybe that will send a message to the decision makers that we all want more. My small role in helping make this happen is to inform as many people as possible about what’s out there and how wonderful it is.

George on December 6th, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Do you know if the pre-show Christmas music for Fantasmic is available on iTunes or CD? That’s one of the best collections!

Greg Ehrbar on December 7th, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I can’t find Fantasmic! on CD or on download available directly from either iTunes or amazon, but you can order it from our Merchandise folks at the email or toll free number above. It would be nice if the Christmas sections of Fantasmic!, IllumiNations and other shows was available, so let’s keep hoping!

Bradley on December 6th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

How do I go about ordering the Disney Parks Holiday Medly?

Greg Ehrbar on December 7th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

You can order it from Merchandise Guest Services at 1-877-560-6477 or send an email to
merchandiseguestservices@disney.go.com.

• Carol of the Bells—Disney Dickens Christmas Carolers
• Winter Wonderland—Disney Dickens Christmas Carolers
• Seasons of Love—American Vybe
• A Gift to You—Belle & The Beast
• Stars—Chris Martin

Kevin on December 6th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I have the Holiday Wishes cd and love it. I just wish Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade was on it as well.

Greg Ehrbar on December 7th, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Me too! I’d love to have a whole Disney Parks parade CD filled with lots of past and present parades. Wouldn’t that be great?

Erin on December 6th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

What’s the last date for the Holiday Wishes fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom?

Greg Ehrbar on December 7th, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Check out our official webpage for details on Walt Disney World holiday events:

John on December 8th, 2011 at 5:49 pm

These “holiday” CDs look like “Christmas” CDs to me. Let’s call them what they are. :)

Richard from AZ on December 9th, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I second John’s comment!

Jordan on December 11th, 2011 at 12:13 am

Greg, if I could only buy ONE of these, which one would you suggest is the best? :)

Greg Ehrbar on December 11th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

It depends what you’re looking for in a Christmas album. Holiday Wishes is a lavish, peppy blend of melodies to match the spectacle of fireworks, so that’s nice for tree trimming or nice background for a gathering. Candlelight Processional is stirring, reverent and the most traditional of the three albums. Holiday Medley is the most eclectic, with lots of Disney characters and variety.

Personally, as someone who loves those great Columbia Christmas LP that Goodyear used to sell every year (as well as similar LPs from Firestone, True Value Hardware, WT Grants, A&P, Maxwell House and pretty much any collection of various artists singing lots of songs, I’m a big fan of eclectic variety. So I think you know which I would choose if I had to — but I do love all three of these CDs!

Douglas from MD on December 25th, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Any plans to make these recordings available on iTunes? Hate having CD’s to dispose of after I’ve uploaded them to iTunes. Much more environmentally friendly!