Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Take a Peek Inside Disney Story Rooms at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on December 13th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

I love starting the week off with a video update on one of our exciting new projects. This week, it’s a look inside the Disney Story Rooms offered here at Walt Disney World Resort.

As you can see in this video, the existing Pirate Rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort are a great place for tired scalawags to rest their heads. Royal Guest Rooms, which are scheduled to open in March at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, include nods to some of Disney’s most beloved princesses. These rooms start at $189 per night and are already available for booking.

The next phase in Disney Story Rooms will debut at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which is set to debut in phases beginning with the “Finding Nemo” courtyard in May 2012. But more on this later…

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Bob on December 13th, 2011 at 12:47 pm

As always, Disney Imagineers haven’t missed an ounce of pixie dust magic. We’ve stayed in one of the Pirate Rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and loved it, especially our little swashbuckling scallywag. I can’t wait to stay in one of the Royal Guest Rooms at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 14th, 2011 at 10:54 am

It’s good to hear you had a nice time!

Matthew on December 13th, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Very cool. Can’t wait for the Art of Animation Resort video!

Kathleen from MA on December 13th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

OMG…it looks wonderful I will be at the Port Orleans Resort-Riverside October 2012 with my niece and we are staying at one of the Royal Gues Rooms…just can’t wait.

Jennifer from AL on December 13th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

We stayed in a pirate room in 2010 and are staying a week in a new princess room in March. We can not wait!! My DD6 has no idea she is staying in a princess room!

Donald on December 13th, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Yes we have our reservation already set up and paid for the week they open. So can’t wait to stay in a themed room this will be our first in a theme room. The Riverside ones look beautiful. I know our little princess will love it!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 14th, 2011 at 10:54 am

Congrats! Should be a very fun trip!

Neil on December 13th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Fantastic … we’ve been staying at ‘Port Orleans’ since it opened in the 90′s as Dixie Landings. Always a pleasure to stay there, and if I were a bit younger, I would switch to these Royal Rooms for our weeks stay coming up in February.

Ann on December 13th, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I am 33 years old and get teary-eyed watching this!! What is this power WDW has over me?? Likewise, I can’t wait fot the Art of Animation Resort video, I’ll bawl my eyes out for sure. Only 325 days to our next trip!

Steve from CA on December 13th, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I just got back from my first visit to WDW for 7 days and I was so sad when we had to leave. We stayed at the Port of Oreleans French Quarters and next time arround we will definitely consider the Royal Guest Room!

lauren on December 13th, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I love that faucet in the Royal room that’s shaped like Genie’s lamp.

David on December 13th, 2011 at 7:18 pm

These rooms are quite cool, for sure! But, um, isn’t “Patty” one of the judges in the American Idol Experience attraction??? ;-)

Stacy on December 13th, 2011 at 10:46 pm

These rooms look amazing, but I’m so tired of Disney creating new rooms and experiences for families of 4 or less! We’d love to stay here someday but can’t fit our three girls (and the two of us) in the room :-(

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 14th, 2011 at 10:56 am

Check out the family suites that are planned for Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/first-look-family-suites-at-disneys-art-of-animation-resort/

Colleen from TX on December 14th, 2011 at 8:53 am

I’m sad, we are a family of five. Are there any choices for us that don’t involve two rooms, that are just as fun?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 14th, 2011 at 10:55 am

Yes! Check out what’s coming in May 2012 at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. Here’s the story and photos: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/first-look-family-suites-at-disneys-art-of-animation-resort/

Heather from VA on December 14th, 2011 at 10:07 am

@Collen from Texas: Don’t be sad! While these “story” rooms are considered for a family of four, there is a room at Disney Port Orleans that will sleep 5. Look at the great pictures of the newly renovated Alligator Bayou rooms…I would love to sleep on the little bed with Louie!

Emily on December 14th, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Those royal suites are amazing! I love the ottoman from Beauty and the Beast!

Jonathan on December 14th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I absolutely love the concept; it’s brilliant. I just hope it doesn’t become one of the gender-specific pirate vs princess endeavors that have been so ubiquitous. Those send a disturbing message to children. It looks like they’ve tried to make the Royal Room not exclusively princessy, which I really admire.

Larry on December 19th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I ALWAYS recommend the Cabins at Fort Wilderness for families of that size. To me, when you consider how much you get, for the price, they’re by far the best value in the parks.

And they have a whole bunch of family-friendly entertainment in the campground, too.

Fatima from AL on December 20th, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Really looking forward to the Art of Animation suites as well, but for those of you who are five or more, also check out the family suites at All Star Music. They are older, but that makes them slightly cheaper and they sleep six, just as the newer Art of Animation suites do. My family stayed in one, when grandma came along with us, and we found it to nice and comfortable for five.

john from FL on January 4th, 2012 at 7:49 pm

My wife and myself just stayed at Bay Towers a few weeks ago and as usual we had a fantastic time. Cant wait until the new rooms at Port Orleans are finished,we now have a grandchild and cant waite to bring her over there,she loves the princess,s.