Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor

Walt Disney Imagineers Install Nemo Icons at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

posted on December 5th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

There couldn’t be a better occasion to share a sneak peek at the new Disney’s Art of Animation Resort than today, Walt Disney’s birthday.

Walt was a pioneer in the art form of hand-drawn animation, and continually experimented with new technology and storytelling mediums (like television) that would give him new ways to bring stories and characters to life.

Walt Disney Imagineers will continue this tradition in 2012 with the debut of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which will allow guests to immerse themselves in one of four beloved animated films by staying (and playing) in resort buildings themed after family favorites – including one inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo.”

In this video clip, provided by Walt Disney Imagineering, Imagineer Ryan Parrish offers the first sneak peek inside the resort, as well as a look at the three large character icons featured in the “Finding Nemo” courtyard.

To read more about Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, check out the posts below:

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Colleen from TX on December 5th, 2011 at 3:20 pm

That is incredible how much detail and work goes into each of those pieces. It makes you appreciate them even more. I will have to stop by on my next visit with the kids. They will be so excited.

Andrea from FL on December 5th, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I can’t wait to see this!!! We are planning our son’s first trip in 2013 for his 4th birthday…we are between the Art of Animation and the Polynesian hotel…decisions decisions!!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 8th, 2011 at 10:28 am

Hope you have a great time!

Brad on December 5th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Since this was originally started as the other half of the Pop Century Resort, and thus never will be, are there plans to rename the original as the Pop Half-Century Resort?

Tom on December 5th, 2011 at 6:35 pm

How can I go about getting a job there? Will there be some sort of job fair or something? I already have a housekeeping application on file with disneycareers.com which I filled out in october.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 8th, 2011 at 10:28 am

Keep checking DisneyCareers.com – that’s the only advice I have!

Teresa from OH on December 5th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Looks great, can’t wait to see up close. You do such great work and attentionto details is amazing !

Adam on December 6th, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Andrea, go with the Polynesian!! It’s a Deluxe hotel. You won’t be sorry. My family and I come very year since 1993, and we only stay at the Polynesian.

John from IL on December 6th, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Looks very cool! Can’t wait to see them in full size.

PS – Love the music. I kept looking for Kevin K. in the background..

Erin from CO on December 28th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I am disappointed to see that there is going to be yet another value resort. With so many guests staying at value resorts, many of the perks for guests staying on site are no longer perks because there are so many guests that do stay on site. I think that Disney should consider some further perks for guests staying in the deluxe resorts to reward guests that are paying a pretty penny to stay at the deluxe resorts.