Happy holidays everyone! I’m happy to report the spirit of giving is alive and well at Walt Disney World Resort, where cast members are sharing their magic to make the season brighter for many Central Floridians.
As part of the “Season of Sharing” during the past few weeks, Disney VoluntEARS have:
- Collected 38,323 toys for the U.S. Marines Toys for Tots campaign;
- Spent more than 4,500 hours sorting and distributing Toys for Tots donations;
- Outfitted more than 2,000 teddy bears for the Salvation Army;
- Prepared more than 1,500 meals at Coalition for the Homeless; and
- Packaged more than 30,000 pounds of prepared food for the Disney Harvest program benefitting Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
While these efforts clearly help during the holidays, they go well beyond, as Disney gives cash and in-kind support year round at hundreds of local nonprofits that focus on improving the lives of children and families.
Time and time again, I’m impressed and amazed by what happens when Disney steps up to help address community needs.
These acts of generosity are deeply appreciated by those who benefit from them and are truly making a difference during a time when it’s needed most.