Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Attraction Poster

A First Look at the Disney Fantasy After Float Out

posted on January 13th, 2012 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

What a week! I’ve spent the past several days in Germany at the Meyer Werft shipyard, and needless to say, it has been an incredible experience getting a first look at the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet!

The Disney Fantasy floated out of the enclosed building dock on Sunday and was greeted by the applause of thousands of people who came to witness this major milestone. Now, construction crews continue to put the final touches on this majestic ship. I want you to be a part of the experience as the Disney Fantasy comes to life, so come with me on a photo tour…

Let’s start in the Art Nouveau-inspired atrium lobby, which expands three decks and includes a sweeping grand staircase, towering fluted columns, an exquisite marble and stone inlay floor and a cascading chandelier of stained glass and crystal beads.

The Art Nouveau-Inspired Atrium Lobby on the Disney Fantasy

Next stop: the whimsically designed Animator’s Palate restaurant, home to the brand new “Animation Magic” show that brings guests’ cartoon creativity alive during dinner.

Animator’s Palate Restaurant, Home to the New ‘Animation Magic’ Show Aboard the Disney Fantasy

Up on deck, the pools near completion, almost ready for the first guests take a refreshing dip.

Water Activities Aboard the Disney Fantasy

Water Activities Aboard the Disney Fantasy

And we’ll finish the tour at one of the water features brand new to the Disney Fantasy, Satellite Falls. Imagine yourself on a warm day sitting on the bench of the circular pool as the cascading rain curtain falls gently on you. It’s a great thought isn’t it?

Satellite Falls Aboard the Disney Fantasy

We’ll keep the Disney Parks Blog followers updated every step of the way over the next 78 days until the Disney Fantasy maiden voyage, so check back often!

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Penny on January 13th, 2012 at 4:51 pm

LOVING the added upper deck pool/tub in the Adults area. Definitely a good response to the feedback from the Dream guests. Can’t wait to sail the Fantasy in July!

Manuel on January 13th, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Beautifull or shall I say Fantastic. We are booked on the Fantasy for 2012 NYE and I must say I cant wait. It is our 4th Disney cruise and it will be my 50th birthday celebratin. Lovely pics.

Michelle from PA on January 13th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I can’t wait we will be there in April. Thanks for the updates.

Monique on January 13th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Just booked our cruise through my sister who is an awesome agent 7cstravelclub! Woo hoo.. We can not wait to go on the Fantasy…So excited!!!!!

Tina on January 13th, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I want to go on a Disney Cruise….Is it fun…

Jackie on January 13th, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Congratulations Disney Cruise Line!

Ahoy,

We have cruised only with DCL for a total of seven times and our eighth will be my birthday cruise in June 15-22, 2013 and we are so excited!

I love the above photos, everything looks great!

We can’t wait to get on the Disney Fantasy.

Sincerely,
Jackie

Barbara on January 13th, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Will taken a Fastasy cruise in September. Can’t wait to get onboard

Sarah on January 13th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

We are going on the fantasy for our honeymoon on September 8th walt Disney first so extired I was propsed to in disneyland Paris my wedding is Disney themed . Can’t wait

LINDA from AZ on January 13th, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Fantastic!

Colleen from TX on January 13th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

It amazes me how you are finishing the Fantasy as it floats across the ocean. That is some intense planning. Can’t wait to see the amazing Fantasy completed.

Edmund from FL on January 13th, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I have sailed the WONDER twice, the MAGIC once, I have a cruise booked for May of 2012 on the DREAM and I am looking forward to cruising on the FANATASY in September of 2013. Only 617 days from now.

Christine from WI on January 13th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

The adult pool looks to be the same size of the one on the Dream. The Satelite Falls looks cool though!

Stacy from CA on January 13th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Wishing it was May 19th already. Looking forward to being aboard the Fantasy then.

Deidra from OH on January 13th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

We’ll be on the Fantasy in December. This will be my third Disney cruise. I can’t wait to see her decorated for the holidays.

Toni on January 13th, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Just made our reservations for August for 4. Our granddaughter will be so surprised. Spending two days at Disney resort prior and afterward. Following the progress and cannot wait. Keep the pics coming!!!!

Arianna on January 13th, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Wow!! Can imagine that i will work in that ship soon! =)

barbara on January 14th, 2012 at 3:39 am

Soooo looking forward to the maiden voyage. We did all 3 maidens on the other ships and look forward to this one. It will be # 51 for us by then. Going on #49 tomorrow!!!!!!!

Cindy from TX on January 14th, 2012 at 7:10 am

Will sail on the maiden voyage! Thanks for adding to the excitement with the blog – it looks amazing!

Karl on January 14th, 2012 at 11:12 am

Been watching the final construction segments from Meyer Werft yards in Papenburg via friend whose been part of the project. His video of when she emerged from the barn were emotional, fireworks and all — so typical Disney! With our son starting up with DCL in March (first out on Dream), we are even more excited to watch Fantasy come to life.

Donna from FL on January 14th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Love it!!! Already booked for November 3!

savannah on January 14th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

the curise looks amazing!!!! i want to go on it so bad!! disney did a magical job on this cruise all the detail is…. so… DISNEY!

Kimberly on January 14th, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Just one question…did your luggage make it out of Frankfurt this time?

Thomas on January 15th, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I enjoy seeing actual pictures of The Fantasy and will be on the Maiden voyage, my 23d and my wife’s 24th Disney cruise.

Rhonda on January 16th, 2012 at 6:35 pm

My daughter, son, daughter-in-law, my two grandsons and me, we all sailed on the Disney Dream Oct.2011. This year my daughter and one grandson and me, are going on the Disney Fantasy Oct.8,2012. Can’t wait we had a blast on the Dream, great food and all the staff was so nice. I am sure that Disney Fantasy is going to be a great cruise also.

kazumi from saitamaken on January 17th, 2012 at 1:14 am

I get on maiden voyage of the Disney Fantasy!
I want to really go on board early. I look forward to it very!

Jacintho on January 20th, 2012 at 6:36 am

The Fantasy just departed from Papenburg heading for Eemshaven for the start of the sea trials. I’ll see you on Oct 20th!!!

Elizabeth on January 25th, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Rhonda do you me you are sailing on the October 6, 2012 Sailing of the Fantasy? Just curious, because I will be on that cruise too and I cannot wait :)

Beth