Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

Disney Cruise Line Celebrates Disney Fantasy ‘Float Out’

posted on January 9th, 2012 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

Yesterday was a big day for Disney Cruise Line as we watched our newest ship, the Disney Fantasy, float out of the enclosed building dock at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Germany for the very first time!

Disney Cruise Line Celebrates the Disney Fantasy 'Float Out' at Meyer Werft Shipyard in Germany

Thousands of visitors lined the shore, celebrating the occasion with Captain Mickey Mouse and, of course, a fireworks spectacular. This special maritime event, known as “Float Out,” marks the biggest construction milestone for the Disney Fantasy to date, less than 90 days before the ship welcomes guests for her maiden voyage.

The entire “Float Out” process took about two hours but we put together this short time lapse video so that you, too, could get a glimpse at this magnificent ship as she emerged from the dock.

Here in Germany the excitement is contagious and I’m glad I got to share it with you! Keep following our Disney Parks Blog posts because we are just getting started with the magical Disney Fantasy moments.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Barbara from NY on January 9th, 2012 at 10:07 am

She looks beautiful! Can’t wait for the maiden voyage!

Kimberly from MA on January 9th, 2012 at 10:32 am

YAY!!! See you in September!!

Gayle from IN on January 9th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Only 1 year, 2months, & 14 days until I celebrate a birthday on her!

Gage on January 9th, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I was on the Dream last August. Hope this will be just as good.

Matthew from FL on January 10th, 2012 at 12:49 pm

My family went on the Disney Dream last March…we loved all the new songs they added, the virtual paintings and the virtual porthole…as well as all the cool interactive games in their kids’ club and of course how our favorite dining room, the Animator’s Palette, comes alive throughout the course of the dinner.

Hoping the Fantasy is just as cool. And knowing Disney, it probably has a few more “tricks up it’s sleeve”.

Didn’t get a good view of the back-end of the ship in this video…I believe Dumbo is on the back of this ship.

Matthew from FL on January 10th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

What I really want to know is what someone has to do in order to get the DREAM JOB Jason Lasecki has. I’d do anything to be able to attend this types of milestone celebrations for Disney.

Donna on January 10th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

My family just returned from the 2012 New Year’s cruise on the Dream. Everything about it was so incredibly fabulous… 2 days into our cruise, we decided to make it a New Year’s tradition – we immediately booked for next New Years on the Fantasy!! Already counting the days!