Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Disneyland Resort Favorites for National Pie Day

posted on January 19th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Who knew that National Pie Day is Monday, Jan. 23? And for those of us who love nothing more than mile-high meringue on dark chocolate, or a big slice of warm apple pie with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, it’s the perfect excuse to celebrate. With pie(s), of course.

Mini Blueberry Pie at Hungry Bear Restaurant in Disneyland Park

Happily, I’ll be at the Disneyland Resort that day, and I’m heading straight to Disneyland park to dig into two of my favorites. The mini blueberry pie at Hungry Bear Restaurant tops the list – a mini-pie that I can devour without much guilt, served with a sugary latticed crust. Running a close second is the apple pie at the new Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – again, personal-sized with that same fantastic crust, both the creations of Disneyland Executive Pastry Chef Jean-Marc Viallet.

Even better news ahead, fellow pie fans: the new Flo’s V-8 Café in Cars Land, set to debut this summer at Disney California Adventure park, already has four pies on the menu: Dutch apple-cheddar, strawberry rhubarb, Mississippi Mud and blueberry. My first order will be the rich Mississippi Mud.

Do you have a favorite Disneyland Resort pie?

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney Dining, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Ron on January 19th, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Will have to try these as they look really good but the Lilikoi Pineapple pie at Tangaroa Terrace is the best!!! I want the recipe to that one. :-)

Vincent from TX on January 19th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Aww man… who made pie day be in January?!? I’ve got a resolution to keep up!

Sooo….. Tempting…. I can’t… re… sist….

Amber from CA on January 19th, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I thought Pi Day was March 14th!

Patrick from FL on January 19th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

To say I LOVE pie is an understatement. Thanks for posting some of the options. My next visit, I am definitely checking them out and now I am super excited about Flo’s! Dutch Apple-Cheddar AND Strawberry Rhubarb – Yes, please! But no lattice crust for me – it may look pretty but reduces the amount of yummy flakey crust. :)

Courtney on January 19th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

What kinds of pies are available at Walt Disney World? The only one I can think of is the key lime in a cup at Flame Tree.

debra from CA on January 19th, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Is there any chance of getting Hungry Bear, Jolly Holiday and Flo’s to carry vanilla ice cream to make those pies moldey! (A-la-mode!)

Susan from BC on January 19th, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Are there any gluten-free pies in Disneyland?

David on January 19th, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Amber’s right! Everyone knows that Pi Day is 3.14. We celebrate with a homemade apple pi(e) every year. :)

Kristin on January 19th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

There is a difference between pie day and pi day :-) these pies are pretty tasty! I’ve only had peach and am looking forward to trying the blueberry tomorrow.

George from MA on January 19th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Shouldn’t Pie day be March 14th? come on nerds of the world!

melissa on January 19th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Pi Day is a holiday commemorating the mathematical constant π (pi). Pi Day is celebrated on March 14…

Ryan on January 19th, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Dutch Apple Cheddar? Mississippi Mud? Pineapple? Ohh please promote these pies on Main Street USA- WDW!!

I’d buy in bulk to take for the car ride back to Clearwater! They sound amazing.

David from CA on January 19th, 2012 at 11:47 pm

When I’m there I always havta have the cheese cake … opps I guess thats not pie

Fred from CA on January 19th, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Those personal-sized pies are delicious! I’m so glad that they will also be available at Flo’s V8 Cafe. (Thankfully for us humans, Flo’s will have more than just gasoline and oil. :) )

Colleen from TX on January 20th, 2012 at 8:41 am

Thanks for the reminder and a great reason to try something new at Disneyland. Though I can’t make it for National Pie Day I will definitely make a detour on my next visit to the Hungry Bear. I didn’t know they had blueberry pie. Is this something they have year round?

Fred from CA on January 20th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Colleen–
When the Hungry Bear’s new menu debuted, the did have a blueberry pie, although most recently, they haven’t had that kind anymore. The last time I was there (a few weeks ago,) they had a choice of apple or peach. Perhaps they alternate? At any rate, I hope they they bring back the blueberry pie.

Kahlil on January 23rd, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Thank you for important information for future visits, Nat’l Pie Day and not!!! (Very Merry Un-Nat’l Pie Days?)