Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Exclusive First Look: Photo-Realistic Image of Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on January 27th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Disney’s Yellow Shoes Creative Group recently created a photo-realistic composite of Radiator Springs Racers that you may see in the coming weeks in advertisements or other promotional material as we race toward making Cars Land a reality, but we wanted you to be the first to see it. The composite is a combination of images designed to give you a glimpse of what the attraction will look like when it opens this summer.

All I can say is “Kachow!”

Radiator Springs Racers Photo Composite

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Shannon on January 27th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Oh my goodness, how AWESOME! I will have to make a trip to DLR/DCA when all of this is complete.

Jamar from FL on January 27th, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Cant wait to take my kids here !

Fred from CA on January 27th, 2012 at 4:10 pm

That image looks beautiful!

The advertising for this attraction is going to be very cool!

I cannot wait for Cars Land to open. Anyone who has viewed the construction recently knows that it is very near completion. :)

Kevin on January 27th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

This looks amazingly beautiful. Didn’t realize the cars would actually be side by side. I guess that’s why it’s called Radiator Springs Racers! :) After visiting Disney California Adventure recently I looked over towards Cars Land from Blue Sky Cellar. I was practically breathless. The land is pretty much spot on from what the movie portrays. This is the first experience I have had seeing a movie, and then watching the land come to life. It is really magical, and so surreal at the same time. Can’t wait for summer. :)

David from CA on January 27th, 2012 at 5:11 pm

constructive criticism: the shadow on the red car is a little off-putting, as is the opacity of the windshields…I don’t think anyone at Pixar has attempted to render a Cars character with passengers in him/her. Is it possible to consult them on this, especially if you’re going to produce a lot of images featuring Cars characters with guests in them for the Grand Opening and in the years to come?

Erin Glover on January 28th, 2012 at 8:39 am

As with all aspects of Cars Land development, construction and promotion, Pixar was involved in the production of this image. It is representative of what the final ride experience will be – including the opacity of the windshields, which are being carefully developed by Walt Disney Imagineering.

Chad on January 27th, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I want to move to Radiator Springs! Cannot wait to see it in person.

Daniel on January 27th, 2012 at 5:52 pm

How would we be able to go in opening day?

Dean on January 27th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bobby from CA on January 27th, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Is there an official opening day yet for Cars Land?

Jeffrey from CA on January 27th, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Amazing!
I love how they are expanding on the technology from Test Track in WDW.
When you have time, can you elaborate on what exactly this new ride will do?
Is this a race we can expect? Will different cars win at different times?
Do we get a say in who wins?

J

Jackie on January 27th, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Dear Ms. Glover,

We had the opportunity of visiting the Disneyland Resort over the Christmas break and had a wonderful vacation. Seeing the construction of Cars Land was exciting and my son was absolutely thrilled. We cannot wait to go back in the near future to experience this spectacular attraction.

Sincerely,
Jackie

Tina from IL on January 28th, 2012 at 12:00 am

My biggest concern is that everyone will want to fight over the red car (Lightning) and feel sad if they get “the other car” so hopefully they make it another loveable, popular character.

Erin Glover on January 29th, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Tina – The cars in Radiator Springs Racers (including the red car) aren’t actually any specific characters from the films. So while I’m sure the red car gets, “Hey you look like … ” all the time, he’s not Lightning McQueen. :)

Erin from RI on January 28th, 2012 at 8:05 am

Bring it on!

Meghan on January 28th, 2012 at 10:31 am

This place looks amazing, I’ve never been out to the park in California but I’d be willing to make the trip just to see the Cars Land!

Marc on January 28th, 2012 at 11:29 am

This looks amazing! I love both Cars films and I can’t wait to ride this attraction! Thanks for sharing this great news!

andreina from TX on January 28th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

It looks great, my son is going to “die” when he rides it. I only wish we could have an exact date for the opening of Car’s Land. We would like to go to Disneyland this summer but I have our trip’s plan on hold because I they don’t give at least an estimated month. This will be our first time in Disneyland but we don’t want to go before Car’s Land opens. Any clues???????

Chris on January 28th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

This ride, as well as the rest of Cars Land, looks amazing.

It’s like Test Track, one of the my favorite rides, meets “Cars”, one of my favorite movies. That sounds like a recipe for success.

Erin on January 28th, 2012 at 7:11 pm

What month is it scheduled to open?

Fred from CA on January 29th, 2012 at 2:38 am

Tina–
I know what you mean, but it should be noted that the red car is not supposed to be Lightning McQueen. Its just supposed to be a random car that looks like he belongs in the Cars universe.

During the ride, there will be encounters with just about every character from Cars. :)

Kasey on January 29th, 2012 at 8:21 am

Official date (per wikipedia) is – June 15th 2012!! Can’t wait to see it all in person. I know it’s gonna be ahhhh-mazing!!!

Katharine on January 29th, 2012 at 10:58 am

Is this loosely based on “Test Track” @ Epcot – with a Cars theme? Rendering looks very similar to TT. That would be so cool. Love test track.

Kelly from LA on January 29th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I wish Walt Disney World was getting a Cars Land at one of their parks. Hollywood Studios would be a good spot for it!!

Phoebe on January 29th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Looks pretty awesome. Can’t wait for Carsland to open.

By the way, do they run on electric power, or are they running on gas the way Autopia unfortunately still is?

Gordon from TX on January 29th, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Looking forward to taking our grandson for his first trip to Disneyland Resort this December…our first trip to our home resort Disneys GCV…he’s a cars fanatic!!!!

Gordon from TX on January 29th, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Do we know the height requirements for the Carsland attractions yet?

Fred from CA on January 29th, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I really hope that Cars Land is NOT duplicated anywhere else.

If people are ever going to take California Adventure seriously, then it needs to have some attractions (and lands) that cannot be found anywhere else.

By the way, a big THANK YOU to Walt Disney Imagineering for creating Cars Land. :)

I think its awesome that the town of Radiator Springs is being recreated in real life. I love the size and scope of this project.

Erin on January 30th, 2012 at 2:36 am

Oh my Goodness we are so excited for CARSLAND!!! WHOO HOO!

Tammy from NJ on January 30th, 2012 at 9:57 am

My family and I will be visitng Disneyland for the first time ever in November! We are veteran Disney World vacationers and cannot wait to see Walt Disney’s original park! We are so excited to see Carsland and all that the Disneyland Resort has to offer. The new area looks spectacular!

John on January 30th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Sorry like every other land that has the same name in multiple parks like Adventureland, and Fantasyland.

Jessica on January 31st, 2012 at 3:11 pm

CAN’T WAIT FOR CARSLAND.. MY SON IS NEVER GOING TO LEAVE THAT PLACE. ERIN WILL YOU GUYS HAVE A PREVIEW BEFORE THE ATTRACTION OPENS FOR ANNUAL PASS HOLDERS? GOOD THING I WILL RENEW MY ANNUAL THIS WEEKEND

William on February 1st, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Wow. That looks amazing. I can’t wait. Sort of reminds me of Test Track in Epcot. In any event Kachow! is a good word to describe the new Cars Land!

Tim on February 1st, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I was there on Monday, and I love seeing how quickly this area is progressing! Due to a VERY mild winter this year, construction is moving along at a rapid pace. I especially like all of the “rock-work” and coloring of the new area…very realistic as oppossed to “cartoony”.

Makenzie on February 5th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Amazing photo! I can’t wait for Carsland. Even though Cars isn’t my favorite Pixar movie… I think this land will be such a fun and much-needed addition to DCA. Looking forward to going once the initial crowd rush tapers off!

That’s a lie… I’ll be there ASAP! :)

Fred from CA on February 8th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Hey everyone, I just heard on the news that Disney has announced Cars Land will open in June. However, they have not yet confirmed an exact date.

I know that some unofficial sources have mentioned a date, but just to be safe, I think its best to wait until Disney confirms it.