Disneyland Monorail

More Fun Surprises in Store for ‘The Magic, The Memories and You!’ at Disney Parks

posted on January 25th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park Will Feature Romantic Moments in Disney Animation Beginning Feb. 1 as Part of 'The Magic, The Memories and You!'

One of the true delights of the recent holiday season at Disney Parks was a special segment during our evening projection show, “The Magic, The Memories and You!” The faces of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park and “it’s a small world” at Disneyland park were transformed into gingerbread masterpieces, brightly colored packages and palaces of ice.

Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park Will Feature Romantic Moments in Disney Animation Beginning Feb. 1 as Part of 'The Magic, The Memories and You!'

Well if you enjoyed that, our Creative Entertainment team has another treat in store, just in time for Valentine’s Day! A new show segment is set to debut Feb. 1, inspired by some of the most romantic moments in Disney animation. Cinderella Castle and “it’s a small world” will be covered in red roses for one sequence and turned into a beautiful, star-filled sky for another. During part of the show, spectacular stained glass windows will grace the façades, depicting the stories of Cinderella, Snow White and Belle.

Cinderella Stained Glass Window on the Façades of 'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park as Part of 'The Magic, The Memories and You!' Snow White Stained Glass Window on the Façades of 'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park as Part of 'The Magic, The Memories and You!' Beauty & the Beast Stained Glass Window on the Façades of 'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park as Part of 'The Magic, The Memories and You!' The King and Queen of 'Tangled' Appear in 'The Magic, The Memories and You!' at Disney Parks

One of my favorite moments comes when the king and queen from “Tangled” appear on a balcony, lifting a single lantern to the sky for their missing daughter. It’s soon joined by hundreds of others, creating a magical sight sure to draw “oohs” and “ahhs” from the crowd. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! Of course, the most heart-warming part of any segment of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” is the images of our guests, captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers during the day and incorporated into the show each night.

'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park Will a Sand Castle Segment in Disney Animation Beginning Feb. 1 as Part of 'The Magic, The Memories and You!'

The romance segment is planned to run as part of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” through mid-April but we’re not stopping there. Wait until you see “it’s a small world” as a sand castle in a segment we’re working on for summer. It’s chock full of detail… right up to the point where Goofy rides a wave across the façade, washing it all away to reveal… well, I don’t want to spoil all the surprises!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Thomas on January 25th, 2012 at 10:39 am

I love this idea and I wish we could be there to see it.

During our last trip January 18 – 25th we enjoyed this show the most. Thank you for bringing this to Walt Disney World.

Amy on January 25th, 2012 at 10:43 am

Please keep the romance section up through April 22nd!! I’m getting married in Disney World on April 21st and would LOVE to see the new section with my husband on the night of me wedding!!

Shawn Slater on January 25th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Amy,

Congratulations on your Fairy Tale Wedding!
As of right now, the “Romance” segment is only planned to remain in the show through April 15, but “The Magic, The Memories and You!” will still be shown during your visit. Every variation on it is a spectacular, heartwarming show you’ll be sure to love!

Gayle from IN on January 25th, 2012 at 11:36 am

Ahh!! I hope they keep the sand castle for Disneyland for my mid/end of September visit! I think if they ever made the Walt Disney World castle into a sand castle I’d pass out from joy!

Shawn Slater on January 25th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Gayle,

I hope you’re sitting down! We will definitely be turning Cinderella Castle into a sand castle during “The Magic, The Memories and You!” this summer. Dates for the summer segment are still being finalized, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted.

Fred from CA on January 25th, 2012 at 11:49 am

Sounds pretty cool!

Meredith from MA on January 25th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

The Castle show during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party was one of my favorite parts of that spectacular evening-truly amazing! We were lucky enough to grab 4 all-too-short days in Disneyworld at the beginning of November – our first holiday visit to the World! Hope to be able to return in April – would love to see this latest Castle transformation!

Lisa from MN on January 25th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

This is a nighttime show? I’m going to WDW 2/1 and can’t miss this! Wish the castle would look like this all day!

Shawn Slater on January 25th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Lisa,

Yes, “The Magic, The Memories and You!” is presented most nights at the Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland Park. Just check the daily show times guide in the park for exact performance times during your visit.

Kenisha on January 25th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Amy, my twin sister and I are celebrating our 23rd birthday on the 21st. Congratulation and we’ll hopefully see you down there

Alisha on January 25th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Can someone please tape the show and post it to YouTube. Wishes used to be my favorite Disney show, but when my family and I visited in October 2011 and experienced The Magic, The Memories and You show at Magic Kingdom, it quickly became my favorite nighttime spectacular. The innovative and creative work that Disney continues to develop is why Walt Disney World has been our destination vacation for the last 6 years! I’m so jealous that I am going to miss this showing, but I look forward to the “New Fantasyland” when we visit in November 2012!

Carmela on January 25th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I see that it opens Feb. 1st but how long will it run through?? I really want to go!! :)

Shawn Slater on January 25th, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Carmela,

The “Romance” segment is planned as part of the show through April 15.

Jackie on January 25th, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Dear Mr. Slater,

It always amazes and fascinates me on Disney’s innovative techniques and I think Walt Disney would be very proud to see how you are carrying through his dreams.

Thank you for constantly evolving and making Walt Disney World, all of the other Disney theme parks and Disney Cruise Line the best vacation spots in the world.

We began our annual visits back in 1998 and are now proud to be eight time Disney Cruise Line guests, and visitors to Walt Disney World twice a year, totalling over eighteen trips with more on the horizon.

Sincerely,
Jackie P.

Shawn Slater on January 25th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments, Jackie, but I can’t accept the credit. “The Magic, The Memories and You!” is a result of the combined efforts of our entire Disney team, from our producers and designers to the music department, photographers, technicians and so many more. Each of us shares that same passion, though, for carrying forward Walt Disney’s legacy of quality, family entertainment. I’m so glad you enjoy it and keep coming back year after year. It’s why we do what we do!

Deborah from PA on January 25th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

When the light projection show was first announced in the planning stages, I did not think it would work. But obviously I was wrong. I have heard so many rave reviews of “The Magic, the Memories, and You” that I am looking forward to seeing it on our next trip. The February plans sound wonderful. I just told my husband we need to go to Disney for Valentines Day.

Anne Marie on January 25th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

We just ended our Disney vacation on Jan 21st. Our first night we went to Magic Kingdom and saw “The Magic. the Memories and You”. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing! It was amazing! I was almost believing that y’all added animatronics to the castle itself! I hope you always keep this show as part of the WDW experience!

Crystal from VA on January 25th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

We got to see this show’s Christmas version last month and it was so beautiful! I simply couldn’t look away. I’m so glad to see it’s not going away just being customized; it’ll be different for every vacation. I was also excited to read the Romance version is staying through mid-April, because my son’s wish trip is the first week of March!!! Yeah!!!

Jeffrey on January 25th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Any plans to add effects like this on the Tower of Terror for Halloween over at the studios?

Kyra on January 25th, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I went at the end of August and I loved it. The guidebooks we had were older and didn’t say anything about it. We were expecting a fireworks show, so we were in awe when this came on afer the Electrical Parade. So well done!

Dean on January 25th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Hooooo… That summer version sounds AWESOME! I might be going this summer and I haven’t seen the show at all yet! Here’s hoping I’m able to go!

Elizabeth from OH on January 25th, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Is this only at WDW?? What about Disneyland? Are they doing anything special for Valentine’s Day? We typically go to WDW for vacation but decided to try Disneyland this year. We will be there Feb 8-12th for our son’t birthday. Would love to see something like this at Disneyland as well!!!

Shawn Slater on January 26th, 2012 at 9:20 am

Good news, Elizabeth!
“The Magic, The Memories and You!” is presented nightly on the facade of “it’s a small world” at Disneyland Park, and the new “Romance” segment will be part of that show starting Feb. 1, as well!

Gregory from PA on January 25th, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Love it! Looking forward to seeing it!!

Stephanie on January 25th, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I have to see the Tangled sequence! It is my favorite part of the movie and I was hoping it would some how get incorporated into the parks.

Maria on January 25th, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Cannot wait to see this when I go to Disneyland at the end of February!!! It’s gonna add more excitement to the Leap day celebrations!

nicole on January 25th, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I will be at Disneyland on Feb 1st will the castle and the small world be that theme or just the small world in Disneyland?

Thanks

valerie on January 25th, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I can’t wait to see this.My husband and I are planning on taking our kids there on Valentines Day

Julianne from CA on January 25th, 2012 at 10:57 pm

How fun, we’re looking forward to checking it all out! Keep the fun and original ideas coming!!

Margo on January 25th, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Post 17 Elizabeth from OH, they do it at Disneyland on the whole front of the building of Its a Small World. They are doing a Romance section that starts on Feb 1 and goes through April 15

Irene from CA on January 26th, 2012 at 12:21 am

To Elizabeth – yes it will also be at Disneyland back on the Small World facade.

When I first saw this show back when it first premiered I couldn’t help but cry – but then I cry at a lot of the first things at Disneyland! I’m pretty darn sure when I see those lanterns go up, I’ll cry. But they are tears of joy for sure :)

Barbara from CA on January 26th, 2012 at 7:53 am

Will all this new stuff be at Disneyland in California as well ?

Nancy on January 26th, 2012 at 8:26 am

I agree with Jackie, Thank you to the Disney team for keeping the magic and vision of Walt Disney while creating new magic.

I live in South Florida and have visited WDW many times since I was a child in the 70′s when it first opened. I am pleased to revisit old favorites & share stories with a new generation.
I was able to purchase annual passes a couple of years ago and my (then 9 & 10 year-old) son and I made many trips north to enjoy the magic. It was a special time for us and I truly believe it helped to heal some hurt he had been carrying around. I believe this is one of the ideas Mr. Disney had when he created Disneyland. A place for parents and children to enjoy their time together and to reconnect.

marie from NJ on January 26th, 2012 at 8:42 am

At least twenty five of us will be in the park on Feb, 29th . We are all hoping for something a little SPECIAL during the middle of the night!!! What can you tell us about the first Open for 24 hours??? And is there a special ticket we need to get???

Otto on January 26th, 2012 at 10:20 am

I haven´t seen it in person but seen a video of it and it looks amazing!
That said I wish it was more story driven. It now looks like a wonderful tec-demo and not a coherent story, and story THATS what Disney is all about.
I´m also not fond of the low res (in comparison) guest pictures in the show.

karem on January 26th, 2012 at 3:46 pm

WE ARE GOING THE FIRST WEEK OF MARCH. WHICH LOVELY SURPRISES DISNEY HAS FOR IN STORE FOR US? MY HUSBAND AND ME WILL BE GOING FOR THE FIRST TIME TO CELEBRATE OUR 7 WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!

Amanda from TN on January 26th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Oh I wish we could see it! We won’t be at Disney World until December. It looks like it will be truly breathtaking. I wish it would last until then. We were just there in December (this past) and the Christmas projections on the Castle just blew me away. Hopefully this will become a tradition and we can try and see it next year.

kathy on January 27th, 2012 at 11:46 am

I cannot wait for this. going in two days. and will be there for this.

Virginia from MA on January 30th, 2012 at 8:11 am

First trip for MR. was in 1969 to Disneyland for our honeymoon! Our 25 th was also at Disneyland. And many more trips with our children to WDW over the years. Our next trip to WDW is in March for our 43 rd annivesary. One of our sons got engaged on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom last March. Still in love with the MAGIC and MEMORIES of Disney.

Jocelyn on January 30th, 2012 at 7:58 pm

O I am sooo confused….I read this over and over and I just don’t understand. We we will be there in Feb is the castle going to look like this picture? When and what times? How do I know ?? Just can’t make sense of it :/

Dustin on January 30th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I agree with Jeffrey, it would be an incredible sight to give the Tower of Terror the MMaY treatment for the Halloween season– seeing all manner of Disney ghosts, goblins and ghouls, including the Chernabog, the 999 Happy Haunts, the Twilight Zone ensemble, and Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman would be awesome!

Anonymous on February 2nd, 2012 at 12:11 pm

So I understand that It’s A Small World will feature this special section during The Magic, Memories, and You, but when will the castle feature this? During the fireworks? Can’t wait to see it when I go next week!

Katrina on February 2nd, 2012 at 12:16 pm

So I understand that It’s a Small World will feature the special section during The Magic, Memories, and You, but when will the castle feature this? During the fireworks?

Holly on February 7th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

yeah, when is it on the castle?

Tracy from MA on February 11th, 2012 at 4:09 pm

oooh wicked excited that its going through till april, ill be there in march!!!!

Sean on February 13th, 2012 at 12:23 am