Disneyland Park, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

Adding a Touch of Magic for One More Disney Day at Disneyland Park

posted on February 27th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

’Fantasmic!’ at Disneyland Park

One More Disney Day is the chance for guests to enjoy an extra day of Disney fun, and at Disneyland park we’re adding in a few sprinkles of extra magic that day. In addition to commemorative ear hats for guests entering the park at 6 a.m. (limited to 2,000), special food items and regularly scheduled park entertainment that day, Disneyland park guests can look forward to:

• Dance party featuring KIIS DJs at Tomorrowland Terrace from 8:30 p.m. – 4 a.m.
  • Second showing of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade at 10 p.m.
  • Performances by Billy Hill & the Hillbillies at The Golden Horseshoe from 11:15 p.m. – 4:45 a.m.
  • Special showing of “Fantasmic!” at 1 a.m.
  • Character meet & greets throughout the night (subject to change):
    • Mickey Mouse and friends in pajamas at Carnation Plaza Gardens
    • Darth Vader and Stormtroopers in Tomorrowland
    • Country Bears in Frontierland

Please remember that all show times and Disney character appearances are subject to change. Be sure to check the park Entertainment Guide for show times and character greeting times and availability.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Special Events

25 Comments 1 Reply

abram on February 27th, 2012 at 3:36 pm

wooohoooo, can’t wait.

David on February 27th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Can’t wait to see Fantasmic at 1 am. I thought I was going to miss out on it this trip!

Thomas from IN on February 27th, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Very exciting lineup! Only have to make it through one more day of work and then we fly out to Disneyland for this. We’re very excited!

Loren from CA on February 27th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I’m excited about some of the character meet-and-greets for One More Disney Day. But, I hope there will be more. The thought of rare characters being out is one of the big, if not the biggest, reason I’m planning to go.

Connor on February 27th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Will the Three Caballeros be available for photo opportunities?

Fred from CA on February 27th, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I won’t be able to make it, but it sounds like it will be fun!

Brenden on February 27th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I wish there were fireworks, but I guess Fantasmic! is better than nothing.

David on February 27th, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Are there going to be any fireworks? Obviously late night fireworks wouldn’t fly with the neighbors but having no fireworks at all seems a bit underwhelming. A special late night showing of World of Color and Electronica would be cool too – though the DCA hours are as pitiful as usual but hopefully that changes once the construction gets done. WDW has the Electrical Parade, and with more show times than the Disneyland parade. SoCal should be able to at least try and match that. The blog titles kinda spell it out: WDW has “Amazing Memories” and Disneyland has “a Touch of Magic.” Some late night swing dancing in carnation plaza would be fun too.

Is there a schedule for rides throughout the night? The info suggests that not everything is going to be open the whole night. I’m assuming the larger attractions will be open for 24 hours but it’ld be really nice to know which rides are for-sure open for those of us who may want to have a ride marathon at some odd hour in the morning.

Ty on February 27th, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Will there be a special park gate map made for the One More Disney Day or will the current map just be distributed?

brett from CA on February 27th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

i wish they can do this again i cant go i am so sad to bad that DCA can be 24 hours too and down town disney too =-( will disney do this again in the future ?

Gregory on February 27th, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Will the guide given out list the “special” or “regular” characters that will be out during the daytime?

Daryl on February 27th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Will premium seating be offered? The show reservation line still doesn’t know about this showing of Fantasmic.

Gregory on February 27th, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Since the Mark Twain is still down for refurbishments, are we getting an Island Finale in Fantasmic?

Lena on February 27th, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I’m really looking forward to this event!!!
But I can’t enter the park at 6:00AM and get a commemorative ear hat even though I want some commemorative goods!

Are there some commemorative goods such like stickers or pins?

Christina on February 27th, 2012 at 8:04 pm

How fun!!!! Can’t wait!!! =))) I wonder if all the rides will be open throughout the night???

sarah on February 27th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I’m excited, but I’m also a little disappointed. Fireworks??? Still hoping there will be some. I mostly agree with David, WDW seems to be getting a fabulous night and DLR seems to be getting less. Believe me the mickey ears aren’t enough haha.

Veronica from AB on February 27th, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Hi,

Will there be any other one more day merchandise for sale on the 29th at Disneyland such as pins, hats etc or just the 2000 free Mickey ears?

Erin Glover on February 28th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Hi Veronica – Steven just posted information about the special merchandise that will be available during One More Disney Day: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/commemorate-one-more-disney-day-with-disney-parks-merchandise/

RUTH on February 27th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Have fun everyone!!

Gosh, this day sounds like fun. Too bad I can’t attend. May have to make a visit this weekend so I won’t feel left out. :-)

Brian on February 27th, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Can we still upgrade our passes to annual pass if we plan on attending late in the night/morning?

Brian from CA on February 27th, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Remember that all these events are subject to change because of good chance of rain during the day.

Brian from CA on February 27th, 2012 at 11:37 pm

David, The standard night time attraction will still be open. Toontown and Tom Sawyer’s Island will be closed and Tarzan’s Treehouse will close during Fantasmic!, and dont forget that the Monorail and the Matterhorn are closed due to referbishments, but besides those the rest of them will be open.

Diana from sonora on February 28th, 2012 at 11:30 am

wow, lovee the meet and greets, Ill love to have pictures with the country bears I miss them!!! and darth vader, and mickey in pjs cuuute!!!….have fun!

Jamie on February 28th, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Main Street Electrical parade should happen at Disneyland Park too! Are all the rides open? I keep seeing hints that only partial areas of the park open in the late hours. A full schedule of rides & events would be great. I want to see Disneyland Parks go big on this!

Corey on February 28th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Can’t wait! Going to camp out tonight and do the whole 24 hours. Doesn’t even matter to me that there’s not as much going on as at Walt Disney World. Just the simple enjoyment of a 1 a.m. Fantasmic show, followed by Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at 2-something a.m. followed by a 3 a.m. Jungle Cruise ride is enough for me,

kate on February 29th, 2012 at 1:02 am