Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Behind the Wall: Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland Park

posted on February 28th, 2012 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

In my family, special bragging rights went to the first person who spotted Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland park from the I-5 freeway. Currently, the view of the snow-capped mountain is a bit obstructed. For the first time, the entire attraction was covered in scaffolding for a 6-month-long, detailed face-lift.

Check out the video below to see what’s been going on inside and out!

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Jordan on February 28th, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I spy a basketball court!

Daniel on February 28th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

And a brand new basketball court?

sarah on February 28th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

ha! everyone else is seeing what I saw too! The legendary basketball court/break room for the old Matterhorn mountain climbers. cooool!!!!

Colleen from TX on February 28th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Can’t wait to FINALLY be able to take my girls on the Matterhorn.

Fred from CA on February 28th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I’m so glad that the Matterhorn is getting a big refurbishment.

Gregory on February 28th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

[still having to log in every time - using Firefox 10.0.2]

I heard “single rider” mentioned – will the new Matterhorn be a SR attraction like Splash, Indy, etc?

Chandra on February 28th, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Wow! Disneyland seems to really be doing a lot of revamps! I am so excited to see the finished product! I suppose even Disneyland needs a little “work done” just like everyone else in Los Angeles?
Thanks for posting!

Sara from NV on February 28th, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I can’t wait until it’s all done. It’s always on the MUST-TO-DO rides. I love the Single Rider idea, because I’m there by myself. No more waiting two hours! FYI: Why not add a Fast Pass?

Erika on February 28th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I can’t wait to try out the new bobsleds. They look a lot more comfortable and not as close the the ground. I found the bumping along last time a little rough. Can’t wait to test them out.

Jason on February 28th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I’m making a wish upon a star that they remove the breaking system that slows you down and make the ride faster! With the new seats, it would be safer to go a little faster.

Brooke on February 28th, 2012 at 9:25 pm

SINGLE RIDER!!!!! YAY

Mike on February 29th, 2012 at 8:53 pm

So excited to hear about this! The Matterhorn is a classic, and one of my favorites. However, it was definitely getting a bit outdated; the ride was bumpy enough to make me skip it on my recent visits to the park. Hopefully the refurbishment will preserve this attraction’s retro/nostalgic charm while making the ride more smooth and enjoyable!