Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Walt Disney Stands in Front of a Christmas Tree in his Studio Office

Commemorate One More Disney Day with Disney Parks Merchandise

posted on February 28th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“A

I’m looking forward to celebrating One More Disney Day on February 29. I plan to be in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort that morning for this unique celebration. My fellow Disney Parks Blog author Erin Glover recently told you about a special ear hat being distributed that day at Disneyland park. Disney Theme Park Merchandise has created a few additional retail items to commemorate Leap Day 2012.

“Commemorative

I think Disney ear hats are the quintessential souvenir from Disney Parks (everyone I know has one!). I still have my mouse ears from my first visit in July 1983. We are offering special embroidery on a classic black ear hat to celebrate One More Disney Day. These embroidered hats will be offered for sale at The Chapeau, Curtain Call Collectibles, and Sir Mickey’s at Magic Kingdom Park in Florida, and at the Mad Hatter shop in Disneyland park.

“Commemorative

Artist Jeff Granito designed a playful logo that will be used on shirts for women, men and kids. The logo will also be found on a zipper fleece jacket created only for Disneyland Resort. The nice part is that these apparel items will also be sold via the Disney Parks Online Store from February 29 through March 1. Some of you may recall that we did a similar thing for the 40th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort last October.

“A

The Leap Day logo will also be found on an artisan watch that will be offered at New Century Jewelry in Disneyland park and Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.

Lastly (and probably my favorite), there will be delicious cupcakes, caramel apples and cake pops with the Leap Day logo being offered at both parks. You know what I will be eating on February 29.

I hope to see you there!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Andy on February 28th, 2012 at 10:00 am

I sure hope they’re the same cupcakes as the 40th! Those were the best cupcakes I have ever had in my entire life. WOW! Can you post the cost of the tshirts?

Kristopher on February 28th, 2012 at 10:27 am

I was luck enough to be apart of the 1000 winners of the ears at Magic Kingdom but I was hoping to purchase a pin tomorrow, any news?

Elizabeth from FL on February 28th, 2012 at 10:28 am

Bummed that there is no jacket for Florida, but the rest of it is really cute! Are the shirts navy blue or black?

Steven Miller on February 28th, 2012 at 10:42 am

@Andy – Here is a retail breakdown:

Basic Tee – $27.95
Ladies V-Neck Tee – $31.95
Youth Tee – $24.95
Adult Fleece Jacket – $59.95

@Kristopher – How awesome! Unfortunately there will not be a pin for tomorrow.

@Elizabeth – The ladies v-neck shirt is black but the other items are navy blue.

Marci from NY on February 28th, 2012 at 10:58 am

Looks great.. Let’s just hope they make more than 250 cupcakes this time!

robert on February 28th, 2012 at 11:09 am

Awesome….will be buying one of the shirts at the MK!

May I Ask: How much for the watch???

Randy on February 28th, 2012 at 11:10 am

Steven, do you know if the Disney Parks Online Store will be selling the mouse ears hats, along with the special embroidery, One More Disney Day tomorrow Feb. 29 as well? All of the items look great, I’d really love to buy a hat and a basic size tee as well! Thanks for your help!

Amy on February 28th, 2012 at 11:18 am

I also want to know about the mouse ears, please. I cannot make it there tomorrow but I truly, desperately, immensely wish to have a pair!

Steven Miller on February 28th, 2012 at 11:45 am

@Robert – The Artisan Watch is $75.00.

@Randy and Amy – The hats will only be sold at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom tomorrow. They will not be offered via the online store. Sorry :(

Zachary on February 28th, 2012 at 11:20 am

Hopefully the shirts will last a while. If I do go, I don’t expect to be there any time early.

Elizabeth from FL on February 28th, 2012 at 11:21 am

Thanks for the qucik response, these color factors are critical in planning my outfit for tomorrow! LOL

Steven Miller on February 28th, 2012 at 11:57 am

@Elizabeth – Color coordinating is extremely important! :-) Glad I could help and hope you have a great time tomorrow.

karen on February 28th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Will the merch be sold in Downtown Disney as well or just inside the parks itself?

Heather on February 28th, 2012 at 11:56 am

Will there be collectible pins or Vinylmation for the event?

Steven Miller on February 28th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

@Karen – The merchandise will be sold either at select locations in Disneyland Park or at select locations in Magic Kingdom Park. The shirts and fleece jacket will also be sold via the Disney Parks online store. I do not know of any plans for the items to be carried at either Downtown Disney Area.

@Heather – Sorry. There will not be commemorative pins or Vinylmation released for One More Disney Day.

Thomas from IN on February 28th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Does the men’s shirt actually say “…at the Disneyland”? I notice in the other designs, when you drop “Park” from Disneyland, you drop the “the” following “at.” I pulled an all-nighter at the Disneyland sounds a little odd.

Margaret on February 28th, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Excellent! Do you know the size offerings on the men’s and women’s shirts?

Steven Miller on February 28th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

@Thomas – Good eyes! :-) The photos I was provided were early samples. The final version have the correct “at Disneyland” or “at the Magic Kingdom.”

@Margaret – Here is a breakdown of sizes:

Youth – S, M, L, XL
Mens – XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL
Womens – S, M, L, XL, XXL
Fleece Jacket – S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL

From my understanding, these are the same sizes being offered in the Parks and via the online store. Please note there will be a finite order of shirts for the parks (sadly I don’t have access to that number). Yet there is always the online store should you seek a certain size.

Sandra on February 28th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

awesome! I simply WILL have to buy a t-shirt online. I did for the 40th… :D

Michael from NV on February 28th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Special pins?

Shannon on February 28th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I am kinda glad you can’t get these online. I won’t be able to be there, but I like the idea that if you are getting an item for an event, you should be at the event. Good call.

Nice design. Have a great, long, long, long day.

Steven Miller on February 28th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

@Michael – While I consider all pins special, there will not be a One More Disney Day pin released tomorrow. Sorry.

@Shannon – Thanks for the good wishes. Just to clarify, the only items being offered via the online store are the softline apparel items. The embroidery on the ear hat, the artisan watch and the delicious treats will only be offered at the Parks.

karen on February 28th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Thanks Steven!

Elizabeth on February 28th, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I have a calculus III quiz tomorrow afternoon, so I won’t be able to even get to Disney until late tomorrow evening. Do you know if there is a decent-sized run of things like the hat and the t-shirt? I have a differential equations on March 1st, so I’m really torn about going at all, and the merchandise is kind of the deciding factor for me right now. I don’t want to decide to go and find out that I sacrificed my grade to…not get a hat and/or shirt because they’ve sold out. :(

Amy on February 28th, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Did I read correctly that the hat pictured at teh beginning of the blog can be bought at WDW in FL, or will it be a different hat?

Ty on February 28th, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Will there be a special park gate map created for the “One More Disney Day” or will the current normal map be handed out?

christine from CA on February 28th, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Does anyone know how much the hats are? Also do they plan to have a lot of them or are they going to be limited quantities?

amy on February 28th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

are the ears for the first 2,000 different than the ears that will be sold at certain shops?

Steven Miller on February 28th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

@Elizabeth – Good luck on the test! There will be limited quantities of various shirt sizes being released in Magic Kingdom (and Disneyland) tomorrow. The online store is always another option to get the exact size and shirt you want. The special embroidery on the ear hats will be offered throughout the entire day. I know the operations team has pre-made several hats already. I hope you are able to stop by at some point.

@Amy and Christine – The lead image for this article is the hat that will be released tomorrow. The retail is $21.95 and they will be offered at the following locations: The Chapeau, Curtain Call Collectibles, and Sir Mickey’s at Magic Kingdom Park in Florida, and the Mad Hatter shop in Disneyland park.

@Jennifer – Please wish your daughter a very happy birthday! How cool! The softlines apparel items will be sold via the online store on February 29 through March 1. They will also be sold on February 29 in the Parks. I don’t know of any plans for the hat, watch or consumables to be offered via the online store.

Jennifer from FL on February 28th, 2012 at 2:11 pm

my daughters birthday is actually tomorrow on Leap Day. Are these the only items that will be available for the special day? I would love to get her somehting special for her day with Mickey on it. Any ideas if items unsold will be put on the website after tomorrow?

ed on February 28th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Well I’m taking my daughter and her man and her grandson, with my wife and 12yr old son and my Nephew and his wife and their 3 kids tomorrow to the Mickey Mouse Club Kingdom!

Jadelann on February 28th, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Do you know if the hoodie will be sold at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney, Anaheim?

Jeff on February 28th, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Wow! Wish I could be there!!

Trisha on February 28th, 2012 at 8:42 pm

what’s the difference between the hat shown here (that will be sold in the stores) and the “limited edition” ones that are going to be passed out?

Steven Miller on February 29th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

@Jadelann – From my understanding, they will only be carried in Disneyland Park. They would also be available via the Disney Parks online store: http://www.DisneyStore.com/OneMoreDisneyDay

@Trisha – The ear hats that were distributed contained a special “One More Disney Day” patch on the front. The one pictured at the top of this article is a classic black ear hat with the Mickey Mouse / [Disneyland/Walt Disney World] patch. The one that was distributed is not being sold.

JENNELLE from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 4:52 am

I LOVE that Jacket. I really want one but am broke. Maybe someone will buy me a birthday present 33(32?) days early lol. I plan on spending all 24 hours at Disneyland despite already having been up since yesterday afternoon. Let the insanity begin!! (or perhaps I should say Continue!)

Now I should go get myself ready and see if I can find someone who will decide for me which parking lot I should use (I usually park in Toy Story but am considering parking at M&F for easier access to my car since I will likely need to make a trip out to it at some point for extra clothes/waters)

JENNELLE from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 5:11 am

The link “Disney Parks Online Store” under the picture with the sweatshirt gives the error:

“Page Not Found

The page you requested could not be found on the server.
Please click here to go to the DisneyStore home page.”

I was able to still check out the shirts online of course but took an extra step or two. :)

Cheryl on February 29th, 2012 at 10:06 am

The link to the purchase the items online above is not working. Do you know when the merchandise will be available online today to buy? And the correct link?

Steven Miller on February 29th, 2012 at 12:33 pm

@Jennelle – Happy early birthday! :-) I hope that you have a blast at Disneyland (wish I could be there but my office is in Florida).

@Cheryl – I checked the link this morning and it appeared to work for me. I apologize for the challenge. Try this one:

I just tried that and it redirected me to a special One More Disney Day boutique that contains that apparel items. Hope this helps!

William on February 29th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Hello Everyone !,

Today also marks another event …. an angry mother nature that is threatening to give Tornadoes and Severe Weather over my area in Middle Tennessee.
Please say one and send us some pixie dust here to Middle Tennessee today AND This Friday. This weather has already struck Missouri, and well … I saw some pictures that I`m not really ready for, some destroyed buildings.
I’m just asking for some pixie dust in hopes that My family and friends here in Middle Tennessee can make it out of these angry storms today and Friday.
With that said, For those who are gonna be at Disneyland Park in California, or The Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World in Florida today on Leap Day, Have a fantastic time. I wish that I can join you all.
Thank you for your time !,
- Dwight

Gustavo from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Hello, can you tell, is Downtown Disney going to be open all night long too?

Ian on March 1st, 2012 at 1:50 am

I love how this logo looks like Mickey is partying the night away at Pleasure Island, complete with the Funmeister-esque crescent moon in the back! Please let this be an indication of a certain entertainment venu coming back!

Elizabeth on March 3rd, 2012 at 10:45 am

@Steven: Thank you! I actually think I did pretty well on my exams! :) By the time I got to the park, the shirts were indeed all sold out, though. They had no children’s sizes left at all, and nothing smaller than a 2XL in ladies’. But thanks to this blog, I was able to purchase one online! I’d have been so sad if I’d completely missed out, so I’m very, very glad this post mentioned the store. :) I can’ wait to get my shirt in the mail, and at least I got to wear my special hat and button in the park!

Dawn on March 3rd, 2012 at 2:33 pm

In retrospect I wonder if Disney wishes they had in fact released a real trading pin? I know I woulda bought a dozen! =) Its the one thing i wish that was created for this event

Mark on March 5th, 2012 at 9:07 am

I have tried the link today but it is not working any more :-(
I wanted to bye a T-Shirt.

Mark on March 5th, 2012 at 9:08 am

Is it normal that the link is ofline ??
I wanted to bye a T-shirt :-(

Steven Miller on March 5th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

@Dawn – Thanks for the feedback. Trust me, the pin team agrees with you based on the feedback shared on this article. Something to consider for the future. I hope you had a great time!

@Mark – The apparel items were only sold on February 29 and March 1 via the Disney Parks online store. I’m sorry that you weren’t able to order one.

Margo on March 5th, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I had a blast at Disneyland for this 24 hour leap day party. I was there for 21 of the 24 hours. I figured that parking at Mickey and friends strutcher would be just to insane to get out of, and I was right from what I heard. So I parked where I normally park at in the Toy Story lot. And they didn’t open up there until 8am. Which was fine for me. There are more buses that come than to get on the tram, especially with a wheelchair.
I am glad I chose to get the shirt the first thing. When I did they only had 4 3X shirts, 1 2X and a couple of small on the rack. So since lately I wear a long sleeve shirt under, I figured it would be ok to get a little bigger one. So I grabbed one of the 2X. What I didn’t know was, the Basic T-shirt glows in the dark. At first I thought it was from the black lights on some of the rides, but when I was in the stretching room in the haunted mansion,and they turn the lights off at the end, the shirt didn’t turn off. HEHE!!
I had a lot of fun, meeting up with some of my internet disney friends, and when it got so crowded, I went into the Golden Horseshoe and watched 5 of the 6 Billy Hill and the Hillybilly shows. Got my pic taken with Big AL which Big Al was my moms favorite character. And the other bears from Country Bear Jamboree came out a few mins later and to end my time, I got on Star Tours to end my One more disney day!! It was so cool when we got off, to get to see the sun rise and then to see all the CMs with the white gloves giving us High 4s all the way up main street out the gate. Thanks to all the CMs who worked all night and made such a wonderful memory for me!!

Diane on March 7th, 2012 at 11:48 am

Really cool T-shirts. I hope that Disney does it again in the next leap year..

Heather on March 12th, 2012 at 2:05 pm

We drive down from Salt Lake City after work on Tuesday, got there at 5 in the morning and then did all 24 hours in the park and then drove home. I didn’t get a chance to buy a jacket and really want one. Is there any way to get one now?

Steven Miller on March 13th, 2012 at 10:52 am

@Heather – Glad to hear you were able to join us for the One More Disney Day. Unfortunately, the jackets were only sold on February 29 at Disneyland Resort and via the Disney Parks online store on February 29 and March 1. They are no longer available. Sorry. :-(