Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Every Role a Starring Role – Disneyland Resort Chef

posted on February 3rd, 2012 by Kevin Rafferty, Jr., Communications Specialist, Disneyland Resort

Next time you stop by the Jolly Holiday Bakery Café on Main Street, U.S.A., keep your eyes peeled for Chef Janine Ruozi (and the Matterhorn Macaroons). Chef Janine is the new bakery’s head chef and the latest star of our Every Role a Starring Role video series. This one may make you hungry!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Cast Member Profiles, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Tommye on February 3rd, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I love the series of “Every role a starring role.” … more, more, more please. You can tell Janine is passionate about what she does and demands excellence for her customers. I get SO motivated when I learn about people who perform at such high levels. Kudos to Janine!

Jason on February 3rd, 2012 at 3:50 pm

The every role is a starring role is great! I agree on the more comment.

Maybe one of the pixies, a sassy Vidia would be great to see in one of these :D

michael from ON on February 3rd, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I would never have guessed all of that food was made fresh. I had doubts about visiting the cafe and eating re-heated food, but will make an effort to try one of those roast beef sandwiches on my next trip!

Janet on February 3rd, 2012 at 7:56 pm

You weren’t kidding about this one making me hungry. *stomach growling* When Janine began talking about the roast beef sandwich, I began to drool. I am definitely looking forward to my next visit to the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland.

kim from WA on February 3rd, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I just want to hug her! Everything looks so delicious!!

Amy from NS on February 4th, 2012 at 12:50 am

Every Role a Starring Role is my favorite part of the Disney Parks Blog! Keep them coming! (and it would be nice to see some WDW ones, too!)

Kassi on February 4th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I had the wonderful luck of eating here on the day it opened! So good! And don’t forget the Practicly Perfect Punch, it really is, well, perfect with anything from the Jolly Holiday Bakery!

Barbara on February 4th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

The end of this video exemplifies why I want to work at Disneyland someday. No matter what kind of day you have, you’re always somewhere amazing.

Krista on February 4th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Love these! Thanks! :).

Cindy on February 5th, 2012 at 11:41 am

I really enjoy these videos. I was not aware that all of this food was made fresh, and in-house. It makes me feel great about the food choices available at Disneyland! Can’t wait to visit the Jolly Holiday Bakery on our next visit!

Dinah on February 5th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

The last couple of years or so, the DLR has really upped their game with their menu selections. I LOVE eating at the parks, and sometimes will make an extra effort to come – just to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So excited to try out Jolly Holiday Bakery!!

ALAN on February 9th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I’m missing the Eggs Benedict at Carnation Café restaurant on Main Street. Also, can you tell us where Chef Oscar Martinez is being utilized now? He has been working at Disneyland all of my 53 year old life, and I know that his 55th anniversary on the job was this past December. He is not only a great chef, but a great ambassador of the park.

Dani on February 9th, 2012 at 11:19 pm

YEA!!! Gluten Free pastry!!!!!!!