Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

Everyone’s a Winner in the Tinker Bell Half Marathon at the Disneyland Resort

posted on February 20th, 2012 by Michele Himmelberg, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Participating in a runDisney half marathon or marathon is an amazing experience. Whether you run at Walt Disney World Resort or the Disneyland Resort, you get the unique opportunity to run through theme parks, see Disney characters, experience amazing entertainment and receive incredible finisher medals. After all, it’s all about the bling!

No matter whether you’re first place or last, accomplishing your goal is celebrated in grand fashion at runDisney races. At the Tinker Bell Half Marathon last month at the Disneyland Resort, best friends Krysta Rosner of Los Angeles and Christine Hanna of Phoenix found out that finishing last can be very rewarding at a runDisney event.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Special Events

Calli on February 20th, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Tinker Bell was my first runDisney event and certainly won’t be my last! Loved every minute! Great job!

Dawn on February 20th, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Way to go Disney! You made us all feel special that day, no matter where we finished! Can’t wait to do it again!

Deb on February 20th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Does that mean you have done away with the Goofy wagon???? I am afraid to try a runDisney race because of the embarrassment of being scooped off the track by the Goofy wagon !!! I can’t maintain a 16 minute mile over that distance, but a 18-20 minute mile would be do-able….however, your literature says I have to maintain a 16 minute mile or be scooped up !!! How embarrassing !!!! Have you changed that policy (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!)

Christal on February 21st, 2012 at 12:49 am

I cant wait to run the Tinkerbell next year :)

Jennifer on February 21st, 2012 at 7:31 am

Little things like this are what make Disney so magical to me! Great job ladies!!!

Jill from TX on February 21st, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Thank you for recognizing the importance of running to everyone in the field, including those in the back of the pack. Another great job runDisney!

Christal on February 22nd, 2012 at 11:58 pm

is there a date when registration will start for the next Tinkerbell half?

Laurel on February 24th, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Congratulations to everyone and that is awesome that Disney makes everyone feel special. Is there a date for 2013 yet?