Walt Disney and Mickey Statue at Cinderella Castle

Let the Good Times Roll at Disneyland Park During New Orleans Bayou Bash!

posted on February 3rd, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Join Mickey and Minnie Mouse at the New Orleans Bayou Bash at Disneyland Park

We’re getting ready to party New Orleans-style here at Disneyland park. During February and early March, the streets of New Orleans Square will be filled with music, Disney characters, street performers and delicious food at New Orleans Bayou Bash!

Come join the party from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on the following dates:

• February 10, 11, 12
  • February 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
  • February 24, 25, 26
  • March 2, 3, 4
  • March 9, 10, 11

Special entertainment will include performances by Princess Tiana, Louis and Naveen and meet & greet opportunities with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale – all dressed up in their Mardi Gras finest!

Please keep in mind that entertainment offerings are subject to change, so be sure to check the park Entertainment Guide for character greeting times and availability.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog in the coming weeks for more details on the special food and entertainment that will be featured at New Orleans Bayou Bash!

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Special Events

Debra from CA on February 3rd, 2012 at 6:24 pm

It was great fun last year. Look forward to going. Now if you could just do the Character Fan Days like last year. That would be the best!

Philip on February 3rd, 2012 at 7:07 pm

On behalf of my fellow character fans, please have Tiana, Naveen and Louis do meet-and-greets during the event, not just be in the show.

A lot of people complained about that at last year’s Mardi Gras event, from what I understand, and hope you’ll remedy that this time around.

Hope from CA on February 3rd, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I agree with Philip. We greatly enjoyed Character Fan Days last year and would love to get to meet and greet with Characters that are hardly seen at Disneyland. I would love it if you had the Princess and the Frog characters available for pictures and autographs.

Loren from CA on February 3rd, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I second Philip’s request. I, too, was disappointed not to have been able to meet Tiana, Naveen and Louis last year. It’s not often we get to meet them together. That said, I’m very excited about coming to celebrate! :)

Alison on February 3rd, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Those outfits for Mickey and Minnie look amazing! All these great character offerings keep happening at Disneyland…Chinese New Year, Mardi Gras. Poor WDW. I know a whole new Fantasyland is coming and all, but can’t we East coasters have more of the world famous Disney characters featured in really cool entertainment events over here to sidetrack us from all the construction walls? ;)

Nicole on February 3rd, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if the decor would still be up the weekend after fat tuesday when we’ll be there! Can’t wait to see the character outfits and show!

Alexandra on February 4th, 2012 at 1:20 am

Yes Yea Yes! I was wondering if Disneyland was doing this again. I loved it last year. Please please please have Tiana, Naveen, and Louis available for meet and greets. Tiana is my favorite princess.

Anonymous on February 4th, 2012 at 11:39 am

ok, thats it!!! i have to get to disneyland sometime then!!! I LOVE tiana, she is my favorite!!! and i would LOVE to meet louie!! I wish they did this at Disneyworld!!

Juan on February 4th, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Does this mean that Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee is returning!! ;)

Margo on February 4th, 2012 at 1:12 pm

It was a lot of fun last yr!! I also am hoping that the french market gets that shrimp po boy again. I so enjoyed it that and I saw a lot of people eating it. I was hoping that they would just add it to the menu.

Susan on February 4th, 2012 at 9:28 pm

This looks like so much fun! Why don’t we have this at WDW??? I’d love to experience this! Any future plans to bring it to WDW?

reba on February 5th, 2012 at 12:26 am

I truly love having Tiana as a princess, however I’m a bit disappointed that Tiana can only be seen in her home town one month out of the year, while each and every other princess gets to be out and about around the parks year round. It would be wonderful if Tiana can appear in New Orleans like on weekends; Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White and sometimes Belle are by the castle, Mulan makes appearances by the Pacific Wharf on some weekends and Pocahontas randomly appears in Frontierland. Lastly, Rapunzel has her own meet and greet and Jasmine appears at the oasis from time to time.

Makenzie on February 5th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I loved when they had the Princess and the Frog parade through NOS! That soundtrack is incredible, and I loved that the lead actors were actually singing. Right…?

Dinah on February 6th, 2012 at 12:22 am

I agree with the posters here that Character Fan Days was pretty awesome. I went on Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday, that’s how cool it was, ha ha. Anyhow, I’m enjoying all of these special events, and can’t wait for New Orleans Bayou Bash! Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think only Mickey and Minnie did the character meet ‘n greet last year, so I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip ‘n Dale at the meet ‘n greet this year. And PLEASE, bring back the muffaletta. I think they have one currently at French Market, but it’s a different version. The one you had last year was some good eats!

Leslie on February 6th, 2012 at 2:18 am

hey guys!! Tiana can actually be seen year round inside Princess Fantasy Faire! she is a regular character in the princess walk and I have personally seen her there a lot.

Lizette from CA on February 6th, 2012 at 3:57 am

This sounds like so much fun! Good thing my birthday is in March! I guess I will be emailing this to my Fiancé as a little hint. :D

Nicholas on February 6th, 2012 at 4:04 am

I’m guessing we can expect another reincarnation of the “Mardi Gras Celebration”…? I just love that show to death. :D