Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

Moms Panel Monday: More Time, More Walt Disney World Resort!

posted on February 27th, 2012 by Laura Spencer, Social Media Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

How would you spend One More Disney Day?

As we gear up for a marathon of memory making during One More Disney Day on February 29, when Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland park will stay open for 24 hours straight, I thought it would be fun to hear how master vacation planner and Walt Disney World Moms Panelist Erin Foster would make memories if she had a few more hours at Walt Disney World Resort.

“I’m an avid Vinylmation collector – I lost count when I got to about 600 different ones – but I’ve never had the opportunity to meet the artists who design them. I would love to take my daughters and spend two hours meeting one of the artists at The Art of Disney at Downtown Disney while they make them come to life.

I really like how they have to think inside the box and continue to make creative designs with one little mouse figure. That process would be really cool to watch and learn about, and I think it would be something my family would remember each time we look to collect a new one.

These collectibles have become small reminders of our different Disney trips, and it would be nice to let the artists know they’ve rocked my world!”

What would you do with One More Disney Day at Disney Parks? Let me know in the comments section below!

Tagged: , , , , ,

Filed: Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Lisa on February 27th, 2012 at 9:57 am

I have one kid that loved riding Space Mountain and one that loved Tom Sawyer Island so that is probably what we would do! Would love to meet more of the characters as well. When I was a kid I always wanted an autograph book signed by the characters!

Jeff from OH on February 27th, 2012 at 11:47 am

With one more day we would get up early and head to one of the parks (Not sure which one since we love them all) . We would then go back to our Hotel and spend sometime at the pool in the late afternoon. Then head to Downtown Disney to eat and then go shopping at the best store on Earth “World of Disney” and then stop at our favorite spot Ghiradelli’s and enjoy some great ice cream.

Jackie on February 27th, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Dear Ms. Spencer,

How exciting! Magic Kingdom and Disneyland open for twenty-four hours…oh what fun I could have. This one day would be one for me at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. I would be completely selfish and I would bask all by myself, since I am the key planner in my family, for my friends and neighbors. I would put my planning knowledge to good use for myself. Hmmm.

The Backstage Tour would be wonderful, as I’ve always wanted to meander through the Utilidors, the Keys to the Kingdom Tour followed by lunch with an Animator, my Key to the World Card would be on hand for some serious shopping on Main Street U.S.A. topped by a solitary dinner in Cinderella Castle, overlooking the new Fantasyland. This would be followed by a train ride around Magic Kingdom back to the train station where I would get off and head over to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party to feast on sugary treats while enjoying the Fireworks from Cinderella Castle.

Am I dreaming? Right now, yes, but not for long. This I plan on doing during my family’s next visit to Walt Disney World because I’ve just realized that I need a ‘me’ day. A day such as this would feed my spirit and make me very, very happy indeed.

Thank you for allowing my imagination to run wild, yet realizing that I could make this dream come true for myself.

TTFN,
Jackie

Valeria on February 27th, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I would love to see a Mom’s Panel for Disneyland with the same great tips and information for the Disneyland Resort.

Matthew on February 27th, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I would take the time to see some of the things I usually don’t do when I go to Disneyland such as The Enchanted Tiki Room, Casey Jr Circus Train and Astro Orbiter.

Jackie on February 28th, 2012 at 10:51 am

Valeria,

You’re in luck, because there are Disneyland specialists on the Disney Mom’s Panel and all you have to do is log on to the Disney Mom’s Panel and click on ‘Meet the Moms’.

There you’ll find Amanda F. and Ari K. who are new to panel, live in California, frequent Disneyland, and share a wealth of knowledge about the Disneyland Resort. They’ve provided guests with a plethora of information already about the Disneyland Resort.

Happy planning to you! We spent Christmas and New Year’s in Disneyland just a couple of months ago and we had a fabulous vacation! We even got to go on a tour of Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California and I had the great honor of holding Walt Disney’s actual Oscar award for his Nature Documentary!

Enjoy your reading on the Disney Mom’s Panel site, I know it keeps me happy.

TTFN,