Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

New Vinylmation Figures Arrive in Time for the Big Game at Disney Parks

posted on February 3rd, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

New Vinylmation Sports Series Comes to Disney Parks, Including New England Patriots and New York Giants Figures

Last November, I shared a first look at new Vinylmation figures featuring select National Football League teams. On the eve of one of the biggest sporting events of the year, I’m happy to report that the figures will be released at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort on Feb. 3. I caught up with Donald Ferro, product developer for Vinylmation, who shared some additional details about these new figures.

New Vinylmation Sports Series Comes to Disney Parks, Featuring Teams of the National Football League

“These new three-inch figures build on the Vinylmation Sports series that was released back in 2010,” explained Donald. “These particular teams were selected based on historical sales record. Since this is a new collection, we had to start somewhere with development. This also leaves the door open for additional teams.”

New Vinylmation Sports Series Comes to Disney Parks, Featuring the Collegiate Collection and Teams of Major League Baseball and the National Basketball League

Eric Caszatt from Disney Design Group created the template used for each figure. The National Football League figure collection is just one of four new collections. There will also be select Major League Baseball teams and colleges, which are being released on Feb. 10 (despite being from Columbus, Ohio, I had nothing to do with the selection of the college teams). National Basketball League figures will be released on Feb. 17.

Each figure is packaged in an open window box so guests will have a choice of their favorites. If you aren’t close to a Disney Park, you can also find an assortment of figures on the Disney Parks online store.

New Vinylmation Collectible in Honor of Super Bowl XLVI Comes to Disney Parks

Finally, Donald shared with me something that has never been done before in Vinylmation. In honor of the big game, we have created a three-inch figure that will be released on Sunday, Feb. 5, via the Disney Parks online store. The limited release figure uses the official logo and colors. Following the outcome of the game, we will add the winning team to the front of the figure. Donald said that it will take a few weeks to produce, but orders can be placed starting on Sunday via the Disney Parks online store.

Who are you rooting for this year?

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Kimberly from MA on February 3rd, 2012 at 9:03 am

Ok, so you’ve taken care of the Football, Basketball and Baseball fans…… what about the diehard HOCKEY fans!!! I would LOVE a Boston Bruins figure, especially seeing how they won the Stanley Cup last year.

Michael from FL on February 3rd, 2012 at 9:38 am

OMG the FSU figure is so awesome. Feb 10 can’t come soon enough!! I work at FSU and have about 30 Vinylmations lined up across my desk. This one is going right up front so everybody can see it! Go Noles!!

Mike on February 3rd, 2012 at 9:42 am

LETS GO GIANTS!!!

Steven Miller on February 5th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

For those interested – here is a direct link to the figure on the Disney Parks online store: http://www.disneystore.com/vinylmation-vinylmation-nfl-super-bowl-xlvi-champion-figure-3/mp/1304329/1000828/

Hannah on February 3rd, 2012 at 10:10 am

Agree with Kimberly, there needs to be a Hockey series. Chicago Blackhawks need a Vinylmation! I know a few people that would LOVE to see a Hockey series. Not just Vinylmations, but hockey pins as well.

Russell on February 3rd, 2012 at 10:12 am

Too bad there’s not one available for the host city. Folks in Indy are loving having the Super Bowl here and Disney fans who live here would scarf those up.

Rachel on February 3rd, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Do you have a list of the college figures? I’m hoping Michigan State will be available!

Steven Miller on February 3rd, 2012 at 5:54 pm

@Rachel – Here is a list of the current college teams we have created: The Ohio State University, Penn State University, University of Florida, Florida State University, University of Southern California and UCLA.

Rebecca on February 3rd, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Any chance there will be a Kansas Jayhawks one? Thatd make a great gift for my Dad to put on his desk at work.
Rock Chalk!

Aydin from ON on February 3rd, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I hope there will be a Toronto Maple Leafs one!

Steven Miller on February 3rd, 2012 at 5:55 pm

At this point, we don’t have plans for a National Hockey League series. But thank you for the feedback as I’ve shared it with the Vinylmation team :-) Sorry that I don’t have better news.

Kyle on February 3rd, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Love them but I would really love a Notre Dame Fighting Irish Vinylmation. Would to add that to my collection.

Sarah from WI on February 3rd, 2012 at 5:26 pm

OK, first I was bummed that there was no Green Bay Packers figure created and now there is going to be one for the Super Bowl winner? If only this were around last year! Still hope you decide to add the Packers to the collection-so much history/tradition not to mention a huge fan base! Please Disney?

Brian on February 3rd, 2012 at 5:40 pm

There has to be an NHL line! The NHL is getting really big right now and it would be amazing to have a Pittsburgh Penguins one! I would love to add it to my collection. I just purchased the Pittsburgh Steelers one. You should also look into a Pittsburgh Pirates one even though they stink because Pittsburgh is such a big sports market. They would sell out in a heartbeat!

Steven Miller on February 3rd, 2012 at 6:22 pm

@Brian – Considering my parents and my relatives are from Pittsburgh, you have my vote. :-) Glad you got the “Stillers” one – my Dad sent me a text today asking for one too.

Jennifer on February 3rd, 2012 at 8:39 pm

It totally agree with Sarah! Please add Green Bay Packers and Wisconsin Badgers to the list of available figures!!!

Guadalupe on February 3rd, 2012 at 11:00 pm

No Green Bay???!!!

Paul on February 3rd, 2012 at 11:44 pm

How about “America’s team”, the Green Bay Packers? I can’t believe they didn’t make one for them?

Anna on February 4th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

No Baltimore Ravens? They were one game away from the Bowl this year and are consistently a solid team. I’m disappointed it’s always the same teams in mass merchandising.

Leila on February 4th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Please make a New Orleans Saints or Baltimore Ravens Vinylmation! :)

Bernie on February 4th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

How about a Los Angeles Clippers one!? Support all of Disneyland’s local teams :(

Myra on February 5th, 2012 at 12:45 am

Yes, please get an NHL line! I’d buy it for at least three different teams. Who am I kidding?! I very well could buy the whole NHL.

Dennis on February 5th, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Rock Chalk!

Melissa on February 6th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I love the Vinylmations and I love that they have taken on sports teams persona but I am very sad that they do not have a St Louis Cardinals figure. They are the current World Series Champs!

Steve on February 19th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I agree with @Anna PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a Baltimore Ravens one. Two of my favorite things together. I have a Ravens tattoo and even got married at Disneyland. They have been a great a popular team the last 4 years so Disney please make them in your next series. See you at Disneyland ! !