Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

One More Disney Day Kicks Off at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on February 29th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

“Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the Magic Kingdom where today we celebrate One More Disney Day!”

“One

This was the welcome that the Mayor of Main Street, U.S.A., gave to the crowd of excited guests who gathered at the front of the park at 6 a.m. today to kick off the One More Disney Day 24-hour celebration.

“One

Just minutes later, thousands of guests poured into the park to begin their full day of fun.  So far, we’ve seen Mickey and Minnie in pajamas, guests celebrating special Leap Year birthdays, a couple who will attempt to visit both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts in the next 24 hours!

Check out the photo gallery below for a look at today’s festivities.

“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic
“Magic “Magic “Magic

Keep checking back, as we’ll update this post with new photos later today!

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

10 Comments 1 Reply

Mary Ellen from PA on February 29th, 2012 at 11:30 am

These photos are awesome! I wish I was there now….95 more days..

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 29th, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Thanks, Mary Ellen!

Chris on February 29th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Great Photos – love Mikey and Minnie in their PJs!!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 29th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

They’re super cute, aren’t they?

Amber from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Mickey and Minnie look adorable in their PJ’s! I love it! It’s making me rethink whether I want to go to DLR tonight or not.

Edwin on February 29th, 2012 at 1:29 pm

It’s really neat to see people come from all over for such a unique event! Sounds like a blast.

Robert from TX on February 29th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I wanted to attempt to visit all six parks in the U.S. today, but fell short on the funding :( Maybe you guys will do this again in four years….

Janet on February 29th, 2012 at 11:35 pm

What a fun day it must have been for everyone. I loved looking at the photos. Thank you for sharing them with us.

John from TX on March 1st, 2012 at 1:24 am

Jennifer I thought you were going to keep us updated all night long.LOL.Just Kidding;~*

Jackie on March 1st, 2012 at 7:20 am

Dear Ms. Fickley-Baker,

I loved the photos of all the guests having a wonderful time at Magic Kingdom, I know it was crowded, but these are the times when one can bask and enjoy the surroundings, take those detailed pictures of buildings and the flowers, enjoy the shopping on Main Street and all the delicious offerings throughout.

What an event to be able to greet and take a picture with Mickey and Minnie in their pyjamas…so cute!

What a great idea this was and a great way to end off February and welcome in March!

TTFN,
Jackie

Cassandra on March 1st, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Everyone looked like they were having a great time. I’m so jealous!!! But, come June 5th, I will be back there myself and I can’t WAIT!!!!!