Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

One More Disney Day of Amazing Memories at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on February 27th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Main Street Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom Park

The entertainment team at Magic Kingdom Park has a few tricks up their sleeves to create memories for guests during One More Disney Day. In addition to regularly scheduled park entertainment, Magic Kingdom Park guests on One More Disney Day will be treated to:

• Two performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade, at 10 p.m. and midnight
  • Four showings of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” at 7:45 p.m., 9 p.m., 11 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. (March 1)
  • The Frontierland Hoedown near Country Bear Jamboree, at 2:45 a.m., 3:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.
  • Disney’s Dance the Night Away Party at Cinderella Castle, from 1 a.m. – 5:30 a.m.
  • Character greetings throughout the night, including:
    • Phineas and Ferb in Tomorrowland
    • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Fantasyland
    • Mickey and Minnie Mouse in Town Square, wearing their pajamas for the party in Florida before heading out west to visit guests at Disneyland park

Please remember that all show times and Disney character appearances are subject to change. Be sure to check the park Times Guide on that day for show times and character availability.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Gregory on February 27th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

[getting logged out constantly]

Huh? The only thing remotely close to “entertainment” at Disneyland that Erin Glover posted was the “Midnight Snack” – something limited to 200 guests.

I have not yet decided whether to go for One More Disney Day – seeing special entertainment offerings here (or on the calendar) would help.

Allen on February 27th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

What about Disneylands entertainmnent schedule??

Shawn Slater on February 27th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Stay tuned… Erin will have the Disneyland entertainment highlights for One More Disney Day soon!

Andy on February 27th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I’m so excited about extra character offerings. That’s one of the main things I’m looking forward to. Will there be special locations marked on the times guide? Will only these 3 meet and greets be the extra ones offered? Who should I ask when I get there?

Shawn Slater on February 27th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Andy, lots of other characters are expected to be greeting guests around the park during the day (and night). The Times Guide will have some details, and you can always check with our Cast Members working in the park that day for more information.

Saudade from FL on February 27th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Cool! I can’t wait, this is gonna be so much fun :)

Alexandra on February 27th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Could you post the schedule for one more Disney day for Disneyland please?

danielle on February 27th, 2012 at 3:11 pm

in order to enjoy this night of entertainment do you need to be staying on disney property like what is the case with the magic hours or can you just be a pass holder?

Shawn Slater on February 27th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Great news, Danielle! Any guest with a valid ticket can enjoy the park and all the entertainment between 6 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 29, and 6 a.m. Thursday, March 1.

Cecilia from FL on February 27th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I’m super excited to be going to One More Disney Day, i’ve been coming to the Walt Disney World Resort Parks since I was 3mnths old, and to be in Magic Kingdom for 24hrs is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I was wondering though I keep hearing something about these One More Disney Day limited edition ear hats, so far i can only find the information for the Disneyland info any chance you know if this will be for MK too?

June from NC on February 27th, 2012 at 3:36 pm

thanks for the information for WDW

Christopher on February 27th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

@Cecilia. My husband and I will be there God Willing. I heard that WDW IS offering ears but only to the first 1000 Annual Passholders. Maybe you are one?(we’re not) You also had to fill out a form online and print it out with a special code to redeem the ears.

Cecilia from FL on February 27th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Actually Cheryl, that photo IS from the Main St. Electrical Parade as it passes in front of Cinderella’s Castle not Sleeping Beauty’s (or Aurora whichever you prefer) :-)

Cecilia from FL on February 27th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

@Christopher I actually am an Annual Passholder :-) do you have ANY idea where to find the form I have gone through the website and everything i can think of and can’t seem to find it anywhere…i’m starting to think they’re hiding it in Wonderland or Neverland lol

Lorelei on February 27th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

What is this about special “Ears” for Annual passholders at the One More Day on Feb 29? We are passholders and haven’t seen anything about this?

Steve on February 27th, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Annual passholders were notified by an e mail a few months back about the Ears promotion. The e mail had instructions when to sign onto a special website and fill out the electronic form. It took about an hour or so to reach the 1000 limit, then it shut down. You were then notified some weeks later that you were selected, also by e mail. That notification e mail included a voucher that must be presented, with ID, before the Magic Kingdom opens on the 29th to get your Ears..

Stephanie on February 27th, 2012 at 7:41 pm

What time are the fireworks? Is there going to be anything special for Leap Day Fireworks?

Shawn Slater on February 28th, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Stephanie, our popular Wishes fireworks spectacular will be presented at 8 p.m. Wednesday night.

brenda on February 27th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

wondering about coming over to the magic kingdom at fl. on Wed. How are they going to line up to get in?? I would like to come if a chance to get one of the 2,000 hats.. or other perks..

Karen on February 27th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

My son and I really want to go! But sadly we live in Indiana and we had already planned a trip to LA/Disneyland for spring break only 3 weeks later…Hopefully they do this again when we are possibly living down there!!! :)

Chris from MI on February 27th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Wow. I never received email about the ears. Maybe Premiere Annual Passholders were left out?

Philip on February 27th, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Hey, Shawn. Can you tell us which additional seldom-seen/unique meet-and-greet characters are going to be appearing at MK during One More Disney Day?

Thor from CA on February 27th, 2012 at 10:47 pm

What about the Disneyland schedule? Erin Glover didn’t say anything about Disneyland entertainment yet.

Bryan from FL on February 28th, 2012 at 1:52 am

Can WDW Annual Passholders standby for the promotion in the event that someone who previously signed up doesn’t show up? Thank you.

Cecilia from FL on February 28th, 2012 at 9:54 am

I have to say i’ve been an Annual Passholder for 2yrs now and before that just about every year till i was 12, i’m alittle disappointed i never got that email and i check my Disney related emails like religiously, anyways i may not get a free one but at least i’ll get one

Elizabeth from FL on February 28th, 2012 at 11:37 am

I’m a passholder and never got an e-mail either. I’ve never received any e-mail regarding passholder news, only things in regular mail.

I read this blog and follow all the official Twitter accounts and never saw anything about this until it was too late. If passholders are going to be communicated with through e-mail then they need to make it clear that we need to have an e-mail on file.

Kim from ME on February 29th, 2012 at 12:42 am

I too am a passholder who never received an e-mail and I am disappointed we will miss out when we happen to be here.We were here in Jan and follow alot of informational sites and missed it.