Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Sneak Peek: ‘My House Goes Disney’ Returns Tonight

posted on February 24th, 2012 by Tony Shepherd, Producer, Broadcast Marketing

The Disney Parks are inspiring HGTV makeovers again! For the Hinson family of seven, whose Disney passions cover everything from fairies to fish, HGTV could not keep this transformation limited to the backyard. Instead, they redesigned this house inside and out for this very special episode of “My House Goes Disney” in a makeover that allows the Hinson children to live and play in the middle of a Disney story.

Inspired by the new Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, HGTV created a “Finding Nemo”-themed bedroom for Ashton with a Crush the Turtle bed and a surfboard desk that converts to an extra bed. Emma and Hannah will have sweet dreams in a woodland fairy inspired bed and a Cinderella bed. They’ll dream the night away surrounded by a unique, layered mural that took three weeks to make and Brendyn and Cohen’s engines will roar in a “Cars”-themed bedroom painted Lightning McQueen red.

Finally, no house transformation would be complete without something special for Mom and Dad. The designers incorporated Jeremy and Kelsie’s love for Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts into the backyard with a new larger pool, a splash pool and a new outdoor kitchen!

See how they brought the magic of Disney Parks to this house – inside and out – in a special episode of “My House Goes Disney” tonight, Feb. 24, at 9 p.m. EST on HGTV.

Here’s a sneak peak at one of the rooms. What kid wouldn’t love chillin’ in the EAC?

A 'Finding Nemo'-themed Room Designed on HGTV's 'My House Goes to Disney.'

Which Disney Parks attraction do you dream of having a room designed like?

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Sonya on February 24th, 2012 at 4:53 pm

That bed is awesome!!!

mark on February 24th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I would love to have my room to look like Star Tours!

Judith from GA on February 24th, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I have been trying for years to get my children’s bedrooms decorated in Disney themes. It would be a dream come true to have HGTV come in and re do our home and yard in a Disney theme. Our children are handicapped and in wheel chairs and their favorite vacation spot is WDW. How wonderful for this family.

Melissa from DE on February 24th, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I’m a professor and I would LOVE to have my home study decorated in a Grand Floridian theme!

But Judith in GA, if you haven’t yet, you totally should write directly to the show. Your kids deserve it more than I do, for sure. And I’m awesome. :-)

Heather from CA on February 25th, 2012 at 12:53 am

OK I’m a big Disney fan and I would love an adult My house goes Disney makeover……PLEASE!!!!!!! I would really love to decorate my car to. I tell my husband that if I had a VW bug, with a red bottom and black convertable top and put Mickey ears on it, with the back lights his buttons on his shorts. OMG!!! That would be so awesome. It would go with my Disney license plate and plate frame….Just Love Disney!!! Be there soon, 3 more days.

Janelle from WI on February 25th, 2012 at 9:53 am

I’d love to have our families bedrooms made over to look like Disney-inspired rooms. Our son 8-year old would LOVE a Star Tours inspired bedroom. Our 5 year-old “Princess-in-Training” would love anything Disney Princess. And I think my husband and I would like our bedroom in the style of either the Grand Floridian, Boardwalk Inn, or Beach or Yacht Club (our three favorite Disney resorts!), OR we’d love a room inspired by the movie “UP”! I dream that our marriage will withstand the test of time, just like Carl and Ellie’s. :)

What a wonderfully fun show! I can’t wait to watch!

Amy on February 25th, 2012 at 10:08 am

I know I am not the only one but I have to say THIS IS THE HOUSE OF MY DREAMS NOW. Oh how I envy that family entirely….. True Disney fans everywhere will have the same sentiments, I gather. I am happy for them though. The joy must be staggering :D

Dustin on February 27th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

This is truly awesome, much much props to The Mouse with this idea. I can get carried away thinking of great Disney themes for rooms and houses…. how’s about Grand Floridian exterior, with Remy’s touches in the kitchen, the girl’s room as the chamber of one of the Disney Princesses, the boys room as a PotC galley, Mom and Dad’s room can be a suite from the Beast’s castle (BatB), and the living room could be the World Showcase! (A Tower of Terror themed living room would give mom too much housework!). Then of course the attic/basement and/or garage can be the Haunted Mansion, with the backyard as Kilimanjaro Safaris! This is too much fun…. ºoº

elyse on February 28th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

if that could happen to me it would be totally awesome!I’m like a major disney freak/fan and i love almost everything disney! i also know alot about disneyland and some stuff about disney california adventure!I’ve been to both of those parks every spring break since i was born!Disney is a part of my life and always will be and if my room went disney i’d make it be like disneyland themed!I would make it be themed after one of the lands!I don’t know what i’d make it themed but if it could happen to me and my family that’d be like my dream come true!

Collette on March 1st, 2012 at 11:23 pm

We are DVC members and I keep telling my husband I would LOVE to turn our bedroom into the Saratoga Springs master bed and bath! I would love to give my girls a Small World themed bedroom. An Alice in Wonderland kitchen. And a star tours or Spaceship Earth themed room for my boys. It’s fun to dream about!