Aviator Minnie Mouse at Disney California Adventure Park

Splitscreen: A Tale of Two Disney Parks

posted on February 29th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Today, for the first time ever, both Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland park are staying open for 24 hours for an extra day of magic called “One More Disney Day.” And to kick things off, we’ve created a special splitscreen video for Disney Parks Blog readers called, “A Tale of Two Parks.” It’s 24 hours of memories at both parks for Leap Day.

Watch it and then let us know what you’d do with “One More Disney Day” in the comments or on Twitter using the hashtag #disney24.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Kathy from NY on February 29th, 2012 at 6:40 am

what a greatvideo…wish I was there at either Park for ONE MORE DISNEYDAY!

Edward from PA on February 29th, 2012 at 6:50 am

I would go on Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain as many times as I could and enjoy the atmosphere that night time brings. Take in all the smells and sounds of everything around me and keep the memories for a lifetime.

Randy on February 29th, 2012 at 7:16 am

Wow, that was pretty amazing to show the split screen to how both Disneyland and Disney World are similar and different! Most differences are by the colors used on rides and such. I loved the video and thank you guys for posting it. So wish that I was in Disneyland right now for the 24 hour long One More Disney Day!

Jackie on February 29th, 2012 at 7:20 am

Good morning Mr. Smith,

The morning would see me having a hearty breakfast at ‘Ohana’s playing some pranks on Lilo and Stitch followed by a Friendship Boat ride straight to the base of the Magic Kingdom. Meandering through Main Street would put my Key to the World Card to very good use with the Dooney and Bourke line of handbags…ship them all back to my resort please :)

Definitely a Backstage Tour would see me down in the Utilidors followed by the Keys to the Kingdom Tour where upon completion I would find myself gazing up at the windows of Main Street reading all of the important names and finding more information in my guide book.

I would carefully cover the attractions through all of the lands at a leasurely pace while enjoying my Dole Whip, catch a parade or two along the way and looking for some Hidden Mickey’s.

Dinner would find me at Cinderella’s Royal Table in Cinderella Castle, while gazing out at the excitment of the new Fantasyland to be, followed by a walk over to the Tommorowland Terrace for the fabulous dessert party in view of the Fireworks.

A leisurely stroll back through Main Street U.S.A. back to the Monorail which would take me back for a quick nap at the Grand Floridian, afterwhich I would come back into Magic Kingdom for the middle of the night, the Witching Hour and ride the Haunted Mansion followed by a view of the past Presidents in the Hall of Presidents.

The aromas of the Crystal Palace await for breakfast and greetings with Winnie the Pooh and Friends whereupon I would bask in the hub, gazing at Cinderella Castle while sipping a mid-morning coffee.

The day would continue with more gazing, photography off the beaten paths, show and parade watching and simply basking and taking in all of the sights and sounds.

Oh, how I wish I were there right now!

Happy Leap Day,
Jackie

Erin on February 29th, 2012 at 8:13 am

I really wish I could be there for One More Disney Day! Could you please do this again in 4 years when I am able to attend??? It is such a great idea and I think it should become tradition!

Darren from CT on February 29th, 2012 at 8:35 am

I can honestly say that this is the best video have seen on the Disney Parks Blog. It’s the kind of video that makes me say, “Wow, I wish I thought of that!”

Until now, my favorites were the tilt-shift videos at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot. Ideas like this are what the Disney Parks and Resorts organization is all about! Please keep videos coming!

Christopher on February 29th, 2012 at 8:48 am

What a fun video… this must have taken forever to film properly… to get the rides like Big Thunder in sync with each other… AMAZING! Great job… wishing I was there!

mike on February 29th, 2012 at 8:52 am

As an out of state resident I have always been a little envious of the local kids that have gotten to do “Grad Night” at Disneyland over the years!! One More Disney Day is a perfect way for an “oldster” like me to stay in the Park all night!! I can’t make it this year but want to add my vote for making this a once every four year tradition. Billy Hill at 4:30 in the morning would surely keep me awake!!

Arizona Mike

Hillary from SC on February 29th, 2012 at 9:13 am

That video brought a huge smile to my face. It just made my morning so much brighter.

Tony from GA on February 29th, 2012 at 9:57 am

Now that was a lot of fun!

Amy on February 29th, 2012 at 9:57 am

what a wonderful video! i think if i had one more disney day, i’d try to magically visit magic kingdom and disneyland on the same day, because they are both so awesome!

Ricky from FL on February 29th, 2012 at 10:02 am

I absolutely LOVE this video. GREAT job. I can only imagine the time it took to make sure these shots lined up at both parks and to plan each one. Amazing job! Keep ‘em coming.

Ricky B
Inside the Magic

Brian from IN on February 29th, 2012 at 10:06 am

Fantastic video! I have to keep watching it to see everything!

Lynn from NC on February 29th, 2012 at 10:11 am

I hope everyone has a Magical time celebrating Leap Day in both, Magic Kingdom and Disneyland!!!

Colleen from TX on February 29th, 2012 at 10:12 am

Wow. Love it. I have such an affection for both parks. Can’t think of a better tribute. Have fun all those out there braving the 24 hr day.

Jason on February 29th, 2012 at 10:24 am

Most people point out the differences between Disneyland and Walt Disney World, but few realize how similar they really are!

Sara from TN on February 29th, 2012 at 10:43 am

What a fun video! Happy Leap Day, ya’ll!

Judy on February 29th, 2012 at 11:11 am

Wow really neat video…wish I could be there..but I’ll see you next year..if I could do 1 more Disney Day I would do everything at least twice…sit on a bench in Main Street (eating ice cream) and just enjoy the moment!! Keep up the good work! :)

Allison from TX on February 29th, 2012 at 11:14 am

Amazing video! What fun. If only we could be at both places at once!

Karen from VA on February 29th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I’ve booked our vacation for June 2012 and cannot wait. I’m more excited than the kids and this video just made the waiting harder (lol)…Awesome video.

Niccole from WA on February 29th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Love this video! Great job to the editors! Makes me wish I was there now…. who am I kidding? I always wish I was there!

Gina from NJ on February 29th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Great job! Love this video. 179 days til our Disney Vacation. I’m getting so excited!!!! I can’t wait to see the look on my daughters face when she see the Castle in person!!!! I know I’m going to cry!

Jennifer on February 29th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Love it! I would go on the Dumbo ride since my lil guy didn’t get to ride it last time when we were there(bad weather). And probably Big Thunger Mountain a few times since he loves that ride!

Lucinda from IL on February 29th, 2012 at 12:37 pm

What would I do with one more Disney day? Well…gawrsh, that’s easy. I’d have one more day filled with Magic!

Love the video!

Krystle on February 29th, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Thanks for the video it totally made my day!

james on February 29th, 2012 at 1:18 pm

What agreat video very magical wishing I / we the fami
Y could have been tere at WD.

Lisa on February 29th, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Thank you for creating this video. I loved it! If I were at either park today I would ride every ride, watch every show and have my picture taken with Pooh! What a fun day for everyone today. :)

Nicole on February 29th, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Watched the video with my 4yr old and she is excited and cant wait to go in August. This will be her first time there and she is getting very excited.

Melissa on February 29th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

What a great video! I love both palces and to compare them is like comparing apples to oranges. Both places have special places in my heart. Being on the west coast we do make it to Disneyland more often but I am happy to say that I have “lived” both parks.

I SO wish I was at one of the parks for Leap Day, but seeing as I have gone to Disneyland and completed the Tinkerbell Half marathon. Then back the follwing week Feb 7 at Disneyland then overnighted Feb 8th to FL to go to Disney World for our Anniversary one more trip would have a little too much.

When we retire we are buying a small condo in Anaheim and going to Disneyland every day!

HAPPY LEAP DAY!!!!!!

Magdalena on February 29th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Great video! I wish I were there right now!

katherine on February 29th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Which side is Disneyland and which side is Disney World. I keep changing my mind.

Marisa from FL on February 29th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

What an amazing video! The Walt/Roy Mickey Ears had me tearing up.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous time at this wonderful celebration!

robert on February 29th, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Awesome video!!!! We are anxious to leave for the Magic Kingdom at 5PM!!! Going to be a Great All-Nighter!!!

Sam from MI on February 29th, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Wonderful video!!! I have never been to Disneyland, but have been to Disney World on multiple occasions. Wish I could be there all night for Leap Day, but will be there to take our 7yr old and twin 3yr olds for their second trip in August.

Julie on February 29th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Looking forward to being an adult riding Fantasyland rides at 2 AM!

Makenzie on February 29th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Fantastic video. If I had “One More Disney Day” I’d try new foods! I usually only have time for my favorite eats, so with another day I’d branch out.

Jeffrey from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Unfortunately I have to be responsible and sleep (mid-terms in the morning).
BUT this video is soooo special to me because it reminds me that on this day, on both sides of the USA, people are being filled with the magic and wonder of Disney.

Even now the Disney Fantasy is in New York and heading to Florida.
Here in California, and over yonder in Florida, Disney is touching the lives of young and old.

So yeah…can’t be part of it today :-( , but it’s /just/ one more Disney-Day, and there will be many more :) .

Gail from PA on February 29th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I would tour the Hunted Mansion numerous times, get wet on Splash Mountain and then walk along Main Street and shop with my husband and daughters! Oh and of course hug Mickey and Goofy!!!!

Rebecca on February 29th, 2012 at 3:33 pm

this is the coolest video i have ever seen on this blog! i loved it!

Kevin on February 29th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

If I had the money, I would have traveled to California to just sit on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride the whole day.

Margo from VA on February 29th, 2012 at 4:27 pm

How fun was that?!! It would be great to be there will my family enjoying the fantastical worlds inspired by a man and mouse!

brenda on February 29th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Such a wonderful video!! Of course, I would expect nothing less of Disney.. One more day and I would eat my way around Epcot then end at my favorite Magic Kingdom on It’s a Small World.. Just love everything Disney..

Bobby from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

My favorite part in the video, besides the side by side view of both parks, is the two boys with the Mickey Ear Hats on. I love how the boy in the Disneyland half, his hat says Walt, and how the boy on the Magic Kingdom half, his hat says Roy. Truly remarkable…ear hats that name the Disney family member who built each park

Cindy from PA on February 29th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Terrific video. If I had one more Disney day I would take my entire family along with our brand new granddaughter to ride the train around the Magic Kingdom.

brenda on February 29th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

loved the split screen of the two parks. i have been to both parks and i wish i was there today

David on February 29th, 2012 at 6:20 pm

wow very creative add. This is memorable(like the add for the 35 anniversary,Fantasmic!, New Tomorrow land, Mickeys toon-town Opening), I will remember this add is so special for me, I been to Disneyland since I was 1 year old, and I hope finally this year I will visit Walt Disney World.

Ashleigh from NV on February 29th, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Great video. I love the split screen of both parks. I wish I was there for One More Disney Day =). If I had One More Disney Day at either of the Disney parks, I would spend it getting photos with my favorite characters-The Fab 5 of course (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto), Daisy, Princess Jasmine and Stitch =) I would also spend it riding favorite rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan’s Flight, Dumbo, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and It’s A Small World =D

Dianna on February 29th, 2012 at 6:26 pm

This morning was the first time I’d heard about the 24 hour day at Disney… and it sparked an extended conversation about how much we’d each love to be there for it… the people, the rides, the weather, the atmosphere, the DISNEY MAGIC. Lots of Disney memories in that conversation.

This fabulous video makes me want to also see the park I haven’t been to yet… Disneyland… but I know that no matter which park I went to, ALL THE HOURS WOULD BE MAGICAL.

I am especially looking forward to introducing the next generation of our family to Disney World… eventually… and I will most definitely be DISNEY PIN TRADING while they are on any of the spinning rides. :)

Jennifer on February 29th, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Love, love, love the video.
I would so love to be in Disney World today. I look at my photos of my last trip almost daily. There are so many things I would do with 24 hours in the Magic Kingdom.
Keep up the good work on the blog and with the Disney “magic” in general.

Colleen from PA on February 29th, 2012 at 7:00 pm