Disney Parks never fails to show it’s patriotic side with stars, stripes and song. In light of Presidents’ Day this Monday, let’s take a look at how Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort honors America, as well as some special visits from the president himself.
Take 5: Patriotism at Disney Parks
- President Obama Visit Adds to Walt Disney World Presidential History – President Barack Obama made Disney history by becoming the fourth sitting president to ever visit a Disney theme park. Read more in this post!
- American Traditions at Disney Parks – Disney Parks loves celebrating American traditions – check out some patriotic merchandise for your next visit.
- From Pennsylvania Avenue to Main Street, U.S.A., President Obama at Magic Kingdom – President Obama visited Magic Kingdom Park last month to discuss the encouragement of international tourism in the United States. Read more about his visit in this post.
- Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps Offers a Patriotic Tribute at Epcot – Disney honored Patriot Day with a special performance by the Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps. Watch them perform “You’re a Grand Old Flag” and “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” in this video!
- Take Time to Pause and Appreciate The Liberty Tree at Magic Kingdom Park – Have you taken the time to visit the Liberty Tree near the entrance of Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park? Watch this video to learn more about this special tree.