Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor

Top Five Reasons to Visit a Disney Resort for Spring Break

posted on February 20th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Have you ever spent spring break at the Walt Disney World Resort?

I did. Several years ago, when I was a student at the University of Pittsburgh, my mom surprised me with a trip to Walt Disney World Resort and a room at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter. It was five days of theme park adventure in the afternoon, and relaxation by the resort pool in the evening. To this day, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is one of my favorites – it was such a welcome change from the cold Pennsylvania weather and so much fun!

Visit a Disney Resort for Spring Break

That said, here are my top five reasons you should stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel for spring break this year.

1. Test out new theme park offerings (before the summer crowd hits) – Think of all the new guest offerings that recently debuted or will begin this spring here at Walt Disney World Resort: Epcot; The Exotic Car Experience at Richard Petty; the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom interactive game; The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival; and Major League Baseball spring training at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
  2. Theme Park Benefits – Guests receive plenty of benefits when they stay at a Disney Resort hotel, including complimentary theme park transportation, and Extra Magic Hours, which gives them additional time to spend together and explore one assigned Disney theme park per day.
  3. Award-Winning Dining OptionsCape May Cafe. ’Ohana. California Grill. I could go on and on with the delicious dining options our resorts offer. There really is something for everyone, whether you like family-friendly character breakfasts, amazing steakhouses, or late-night romantic dinners.
  4. Resort Recreation – Aside from theme parks, Disney resorts offer a lot of fun during the day, too. Some resorts offer kids’ activities during the day and poolside movies at night (weather permitting). Other resorts offer golfing or boating onsite.
  5. Resort Relaxation – The spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa offers pampering treatments for guests of all ages – they even have treatments designed for kids ages 4-12.

For more information on spring break vacations at Walt Disney World Resort, click here.

Tagged:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Vacation Planning, Walt Disney World Resort

Mitchell from IL on February 20th, 2012 at 5:53 pm

We’ve spent several spring breaks at WDW with our two children. Florida weather is great, especially when compared to Illinois in March. THe days are warm, and the evening cool. The parks are open late and, or early for extra hours of magic. And since we always do one of the Disney Dining Plans and a Park Hopper pass we can enjoy all that WDW has to offer without a care in the world. Spring Break is certainly a magical time to head to Walt Disney World!

Tamara on February 20th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

You don’t have to convince me! Spending Spring Break at the Poly with my kiddos, parents and baby sister! Can’t wait to be WARM!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 21st, 2012 at 9:18 am

Have a great time, Tamara!

Alison on February 20th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Was there last year at Bay Lake and Animal Kingdom Villas and had a blast! So wish we were going this spring break, anyone have money they would like to give us to fund out trip? Just thought I would ask! Hopefully we are back and soon!!!

Eric on February 20th, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Wait, are we talking about student Spring Break, or family school-vacation Spring Break?
(The first one makes me picture the times I would go in February, during the height of cheerleader/school-band season–Always a lively time at MK and the Value resorts.)

But count me as another fan whose first on-property trip was at French Quarter, and it’s been my favorite ever since–Wish they still played the cool jazz on the pool speakers in the evening.

Ryan on February 20th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I too had my first Spring Break trip at Port Orleans, only mine was Riverside. The only one of these that is even spring related is the first point though… the other four are just why you should go to Disney in general. Don’t get me wrong, they are still solid points, but why specifically Spring Break? The blog post should point out, nicer weather, cheaper prices, etc. The only reason I see mentioned is “smaller crowds” which is a valid point.

Jennifer from OH on February 20th, 2012 at 7:54 pm

We are going on spring break this year…first time ever at this time. Very excited as always, but a little nervous about the crowd level. We usually go in the off season!

Kevin on February 20th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I’ll be down there in Orlando (planned anyhow) in 3 weeks so this is a perfect blog post to read. Thanks for all the insight.It sounds amazing>!!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 21st, 2012 at 9:19 am

Have a safe trip!

Valerie from NJ on February 20th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

This year will be our 7th Easter break at WDW. People may think we’re nuts b/c it’s crazy busy but we love it. Here are my five reasons:
1. The kids don’t miss any school! 2. Flower and Garden Festival time! 3. Parks are open later! 4. The parks open even earlier (the wake-up call for the 7am EMH mornings are a killer but so worth it! LOL) 5. The weather’s beautiful!!
Counting down the days til April 4th when we hear “Welcome Home”!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 21st, 2012 at 9:19 am

Thanks for sharing your insight, Val. Have fun!

Joann from NJ on February 21st, 2012 at 9:29 am

I hear you Valerie…we are counting down to April 5th to hear “Welcome Home” too. Crowds are Crowds, they arent really that bad. Lines to get into the park go fast and once in using fastpass and having a plan help. My daughter has her route already. Im celebrating my 50th birthday. Actually its in July but too hot for me!! Cant wait to see Mickey!!

John on February 21st, 2012 at 9:41 am

10 days and counting… Can’t wait to see Mickey!

William on February 21st, 2012 at 9:42 am

This will be the first spring break in 6 years that I will not be at Disney World. Actually, this will be the first time in 10 years that I won’t be going to Disney World at least once, but I get three months in Europe instead.

Blythe from TX on February 21st, 2012 at 9:46 am

We will be there for spring break. Our spring break is in March and our high school band is marching in the parade. We are excited.

Sarah from FL on February 21st, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I know it is a little earlier than spring break but I am on my way TODAY!! I made my own early spring break and am spending the next 9 days there. This time staying at All Star Sports Resort for the first time and I will also participating in the Royal Family 5k on Saturday!

Kecia on February 22nd, 2012 at 7:06 am

We are T-minus 40 days now until Spring Break. My son will be a first timer to Disney. Not sure who is more excited him or me. I made all of our dining reservations in advance. I am a little nervous about the crowds we usually go in the fall. Fast pass save us please. What are you thoughts about trading pins for an 11 year old boy? Worth the money?

Mark on February 26th, 2012 at 8:43 pm

We have been to Disney many times over the past 20 years and spring break has been included more than once. I was just there with my wife and two of my children. My youngest daughter’s field hockey team competed in Disney’s field hockey challenge at the Wide World of Sports complex. Managed to squeeze in a couple of park visits during that trip. Spring break is next month for my youngest daughter and she wants to go back for a few days. Since I work for an airline I manage to get us into one of the central Florida airports but not usually Orlando. Last year we made 4 or 5 trips to Florida. Not sure how many we will make this year but hope to get back to see the new fantasy land soon.