UPDATE: We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Princess Half Marathon Weekend Meet-Up Event, and appreciate your quick responses. By 3 p.m. ET, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional unique opportunities in the future.
If you’re looking to gain tips and training advice from Galloway, he will also be available at the upcoming Expo on Friday at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET and Saturday at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET. Also, there is additional Galloway training information at www.runDisney.com.
On Friday, Feb. 24, we will host 80 participants featuring two-time Disneyland Half Marathon winner Rachel Booth, ESPN SportsCenter anchor Sage Steele and Fitness magazine editor-in-chief Betty Wong, who will share their wisdom and knowledge about running, fitness and women’s health. There will also be the traditional short training run with runDisney training consultant Jeff Galloway as well as several cool, fun surprises.
If you want to be a part of all of the fun, RSVP right now to WDW.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only 80 qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
In the meantime, here are a few things you should know:
- All participants must be available for a 7 a.m. ET start time on Friday, Feb. 24.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A valid ID is required. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Limit to one RSVP per email address.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name. RSVPs that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event and individual appearances are subject to change or cancellation.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we ask that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 12-minute per mile pace.
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Friday. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. ET today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all selected runners. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.