The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure Park

VIDEO: Walt Disney Imagineering Talks Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Game

posted on February 15th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Last month, we gave you an exclusive sneak peek at Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, the new interactive game that has been testing at Magic Kingdom Park for several weeks.

So many of you expressed enthusiasm to learn more about the experience that we’ve gone straight to the source to find the answers. Check out the following video, in which Jonathan Ackley, Project Producer & Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering, shares more about the game.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Coming to Walt Disney World Resort

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Coming to Walt Disney World Resort Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Coming to Walt Disney World Resort Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Coming to Walt Disney World Resort

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Christopher on February 15th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

If I asked, would you be able to guarantee that this will be open on Leap Day? I’m going for the One More Disney Day program and REALLY want to do this!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 16th, 2012 at 9:29 am

You’re in luck – it opens Feb. 22!

lily on February 15th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Can’t wait!

Kieran on February 15th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

This is going to be so cool. When they closed the firehouse I didn’t know what the Imagineers were brewing, but this is definitely going to be a popular experience.

Jeff on February 15th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I was able to play this last Sunday, and I must say I was thoroughly impressed! For someone who has grown up coming to Disney World, this is a great way to pass the time. For the Disney fan in me, I enjoyed the original HAND DRAWN animation that has a story that involves the player in some pretty clever ways.

This is sure to become a hit, and I hope it gets expanded upon… there is so much more room to grow with this! Maybe a chance to become the villain during Halloween perhaps?????

Robyn from MN on February 15th, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I played this game last weekend and saved the Magic Kingdom! Very fun! Can’t wait for the harder levels to be launched.

Amy on February 15th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I am all grown and I still want to try :)

Adam on February 15th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Why is this not in Tomorrowland? It would be cool to use Sark or Clu from Tron as the bad guy.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 16th, 2012 at 9:30 am

Who knows????

Paul from NY on February 15th, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I can’t wait for the official opening of SotMK. I’ve been playing the test version for a while now, and am anxiously awaiting being able to play on the Medium & Hard difficulty levels. But in the meantime, I’m having fun collecting spell cards, and trading with fellow guests!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 16th, 2012 at 9:31 am

That’s great to hear! What’s your favorite card so far?

Christina on February 15th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Is there any word on how much longer this will be going through the test run? I was planning on going to Hollywood Studios next month, but I will change my mind if this is still in testing just so I get the chance to play!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 16th, 2012 at 9:30 am

It opens Feb. 22. :)

Anonymous on February 16th, 2012 at 8:40 am

This technology is way beyond how I thought this was going to be imaginered. This is incredible. Can’t wait to try it.

Do all the journeys need to be completed in one day or can you pause and come back?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 16th, 2012 at 9:30 am

From what I understand, the system remembers your progress for a few days, so you can come back and continue.

Janna on February 16th, 2012 at 10:35 am

I have been going to Disney World every year since I was born 25 years ago! Sometimes twice a year, and I love that everytime I go there is always something new to explore! We are heading back next week and would love to try this! Does anyone know the price so we can plan it into our weekend?

Tiffany from FL on February 16th, 2012 at 10:50 am

How do you get started? Is there a place to get it? I have a 5 year old who would LOVE this!

Jennifer on February 16th, 2012 at 11:26 am

@ Janna. There is no additional charge to play :)

Valeria on February 16th, 2012 at 9:00 pm

This is really neat, I hope it comes to the Disneyland Resort soon.

Jennifer on February 18th, 2012 at 8:10 pm

My husband and I are both in our 30s, no kids, and absolutely LOVE the Kim Possible game over in World Showcase. This looks just as awesome, and we can’t wait to play along! I love the idea of making an interactive experience that folds nicely into the park’s existent theming. Hope it’s still running smoothly when we return in 2014 for our 10-year anniversary!

Cecile on February 20th, 2012 at 7:50 am

Sounds like a blast! We’ll be there in two weeks and then back again in June. Has a date been announced when the new additions to Fantasyland will be opening? I’m so anxious to go inside Beast’s castle.