Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Welcome to America, Disney Fantasy

posted on February 28th, 2012 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures By Disney, Disney Vacation Club

After traveling nearly 3,800 miles across the Atlantic from Germany, the Disney Fantasy made her grand arrival to America today. I can’t think of anyone better to welcome this new ship to the United States than Lady Liberty herself.

The Disney Fantasy Pulling into the Harbor in New York City

The Disney Fantasy Pulling into the Harbor in New York City The Disney Fantasy Pulling into the Harbor in New York City The Disney Fantasy Pulling into the Harbor in New York City

While in New York City, the Disney Fantasy will be christened before sailing to her home in Port Canaveral, Fla., for a March 31 maiden voyage.

The Disney Fantasy is the first Disney Cruise Line ship to visit New York City, making her arrival today even more magical. But the excitement in the Big Apple doesn’t stop here. In May, the Disney Magic arrives for a season of summer cruises from Manhattan.

Here’s a glimpse of the Disney Fantasy sailing down the Hudson River as New Yorkers welcome her with open arms. It’s a sight I’ll remember forever!

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Shaili from IL on February 29th, 2012 at 12:43 am

Welcome Home, Disney Fantasy!
It was fun to watch the online video journal from the disneycruise staff as the ship completed the Transatlantic voyage from Germany.

My husband and I are sailing on the maiden voyage of the Eastern Caribbean itinerary (April 21) for our Anniversary, after a few days at Walt Disney World. We look forward to seeing this new ship in person!

Jackie on February 29th, 2012 at 7:01 am

Welcome to America, Disney Fantasy!

What a welcoming site, and beside the Statue of Liberty, epic! Holding hope and promise, the Disney Fantasy is sure to make fabulous vacation memories for a lot of people in the future, especially with the new itineraries out of New York City.

I know we’re looking forward to our eighth Disney cruise celebrating my 49th birthday next year. There’s no other place in the world I’d rather be than on the Disney Fantasy.

Wishing her many safe voyages creating ‘fantastic’ memories for people!

Ahoy!
Jackie

Kimberly from MA on February 29th, 2012 at 9:07 am

Please tell me you will be broadcasting a live webcast of the christening celebration like you did for the Disney Dream!! I’m going to be sailing on the Fantasy this September, so this is SO special to me.

Thanks!!

Karey from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 9:21 am

Celebrate “One More Disney Day” with the arrival of one more Disney ship! Been on the other three, want to sail on the Fantasy!

Welcome back, Pierre-Luc.

dylan on February 29th, 2012 at 4:55 pm

If were living in nyc like me Can we get on The Disney Fantasy from nyc to Florida?

Teodoro on March 1st, 2012 at 7:56 am

i was the kid with the disney sweat shirt and my bro was next to me and my mom was talking bout us then my dad started talking what a fantastic time we had thank you disney WELCOME HOME DISNEY FANTASY!!!!!!!

Annette on March 1st, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I can’t wait for my cruise in October! This will be amazing!

shelia on March 18th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

My family and I will be sailing the Disney Fantasy for a 7-night cruise to the Carribean. Will anyone else be traveling at the same time with kids aged 11-12?