Disney's Electrical Parade

A Unique Point of View: Radiator Springs Racers at Cars Land

posted on March 20th, 2012 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

For this point-of-view video, a camera was mounted on the driver’s side of a Radiator Springs Racers car during a recent test run in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park. Vehicles are being tested seven days a week, mostly at night. By the time each vehicle is commissioned, it will travel approximately 36,000 miles per year!

The video also shows a quick sneak peek of what to expect inside the mountain range. Guests will get to see the entire track for themselves when the attraction opens on June 15.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Anna on March 20th, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I am SO excited to try this out! My birthday is the day before so I will be having lots of fun!

Erika on March 20th, 2012 at 6:14 pm

This looks so amazing! I can’t wait to see the finished project this summer. Great work team Disney!

Fred from CA on March 20th, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Very cool.

I love how the video gave us a sneak peek of some of the interior shows scenes.

I cannot wait for Cars Land! :D

Monica on March 20th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Most definitely won’t miss this on opening day!

Jessica on March 20th, 2012 at 6:25 pm

It looks so fun! I can’t wait!

Raymond on March 20th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Looks great! Is this going to have a height requirement? (Hope my 2 year old will be able to ride in October!)

Randy on March 20th, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Looks like a lot of fun!

Mark on March 20th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Saw the cars going around the track the other day while riding Mickey’s Funwheel!!
Looks very cool! Can’t wait to ride!

cathleen on March 20th, 2012 at 6:55 pm

this ride looks even more fun than rocket rods which i miss so much! i cant wait!

Nancy on March 20th, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I can’t wait to see Cars Land – too bad it probably won’t be until next year.

Jaime on March 20th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

@Raymond- I bet the height requirement will be at least 40 inches. That seems to the the minimum for a ride like this and that is what it is for test track in WDW. Of course it could be more. Which would be sad too.

Serena from WA on March 20th, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Looks fun, I see a trip to Disneyland this fall!

Molly from ID on March 20th, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Just watching the video gave me goosebumps!! Can’t wait!

Drew on March 20th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Let the great debate begin. Inside or outside tack, which do you prefer?

Jake from FL on March 20th, 2012 at 9:03 pm

@Nancy, Cars Land is due to open Mid June this year.

Desiree on March 20th, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I can’t wait to ride this!

Kazumi on March 20th, 2012 at 11:47 pm

It looks so fun! Can’t wait!;D

Cindy on March 21st, 2012 at 12:41 am

We can’t wait to get there to try it out and see all the changes! It looks fantastic and we are excited :-))

Caroline on March 21st, 2012 at 4:13 am

Are annualpass holders going to get a sneak peek?!

Chandra from WA on March 21st, 2012 at 7:27 am

Looks amazing!! Cant wait to go!

Danielle from FL on March 21st, 2012 at 8:44 am

First of all, thank you for posting this video. It is a great sneak peak, especially for someone like me who is very prone to motion sickness. I find if I can see what the ride consists of and get to know the track then I do better on the ride.
We will be traveling there the week before the opening, here’s hoping we get to experience a soft opening. I also hope that the immersiveness of this land, and the detail in which the movie was brought to life becomes a new standard for future attractions. I cannot recall another Disney land / area that literally recreates a location from one of the movies in such detail.
Can’t wait to see it!

Catherine from CA on March 21st, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I have been eagerly watching the construction of Carsland for many months and I’m so excited for the June opening. Hats off to the amazing creative talent of the Imagineers. Walt Disney would be beaming with pride.

Cathi on March 22nd, 2012 at 12:31 am

Our family is over the top excited for Cars Land! Woo Hoo!!

Margo on March 22nd, 2012 at 1:31 am

Thanks for sharing the sneak peak. I am so excited about Cars Land!! Riding the Mickey fun wheel is a great way to get a view of Cars Land. It looks like they are bringing the movie to life. And I am looking forward to seeing all the new different food and snacks they will be coming out with. I hope annual pass holders get a preview. Please!! To everyone who worked so hard in the building this awesome new addition to California Adventure, job well done. Looking to many hours of enjoyment riding these new rides.

Richard from CA on March 22nd, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Lightning McQueen: I’m a precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics.
Mater: You hurt your what?

Margo on March 23rd, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I was at the park yesterday and my two friends and I took a trip on the mickey fun wheel and got to see at least 4 different color cars being run on the track. This is looking more inviting everyday. And we took at peak over the wall over by blue sky celar and the view up the street going up the main drag, looked so awesome. I hope they have annual passholder previews or some soft openings. The front of the park is looking real nice too. June 15th can’t come fast enough!!

Kyra on March 24th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

It looks so fun! They really have recreated the movie backgrounds .

Eireen on March 24th, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Anna, you have the same birthday as my brother! We were there on the 20-22, and didn’t see any cars on the track. I plan on going again during memorial day weekend and my brother plans on going for his birthday week. Looking at all the stuff in Blue Sky Cellar just gets me more excited for Cars Land to finally open!

john from FL on March 25th, 2012 at 11:27 am

Looking at the video of the cars ride it is very similar to Test Track at WDW {EPCOT}in fla.Is it a longer an smother ride?

Alison from CA on March 25th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Anna, Eireen, there are two more of us with Flag Day (June 14th) birthdays: myself, and my sister-in-law! We’ll just have to spend the day at Disneyland because Cal Adv will be closed that day for the final magic touches all over. See you there with birthday buttons on!

Mary on March 25th, 2012 at 2:44 pm

This will be great. You should hold a preview opening like when the park first opened. A day of special admission for annual passholders or by special extra admission ticket.

Damian on March 27th, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Is there going to be an annual pass holder sneak peek? If so when? Im there, Ive been waiting for this for 4 years! Woo Hoo!

Cameron on March 29th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Wow, this ride looks fun. What model of car is the car’s design based off of? 36’000 miles is a lot of miles for a car to travel in a year. That’s more than most cars travel each year in the United States. How fast do these cars move? Also nice video, the ride looks quite scenic. -Cam

David on March 31st, 2012 at 8:06 am

@Cameron The car is suppose to be a Ferrari F430 or Modena and its only suppose to reach speeds of 40 mph (I know I hope this speed doesn’t let us down and hopefully it feels faster cause that doesn’t seem to be fast at all)

Jasmine on April 8th, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I cannot wait for this ride to open!!!! :)