Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Coming Soon To Epcot: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure

posted on March 13th, 2012 by Charles Stovall, Public Relations Manager

Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure Coming to Epcot This Summer

Greetings from Epcot!

All the would-be secret agents out there will find a great new interactive experience at Epcot this year.

Coming this summer, Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure is based on the wily secret-agent alter-ego of Perry the Platypus – faithful pet to the title characters from Disney’s animated series “Phineas & Ferb.” Although just a simple pet to Phineas and Ferb, Perry turns into Agent P in each episode to help stop the misguided plans of his nemesis, Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

Epcot guests will transform into secret agents to help Agent P thwart some of Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s most daring plots. Agents will use a “high-tech secret agent device” to receive clues for each case. Solving the clues will take agents to different places throughout seven World Showcase countries at Epcot – Mexico Pavilion, France Pavilion, Germany Pavilion, Norway Pavilion, Japan Pavilion, China Pavilion and the United Kingdom Pavilion. Agents will scour each country for clues, evil “Inators,” and – with a little bit of luck – help Agent P defeat Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

Everyone ready to don their fedoras and help Agent P? I can’t wait!

Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure will arrive at Epcot and the current Disney Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure will close in summer.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Kelly on March 13th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I love Phineas and Ferb!

Ann on March 13th, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Q: Where’s Perry?
A: He’s in Epcot!
P&F&friends: YAAAY!!!

Daniel from NY on March 13th, 2012 at 4:10 pm

SQUEEE!!!!!! excited for this!

Elenora from DC on March 13th, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I will miss Kim Possible, one of the cool things about her adventure was the variety of villains.

Though I completely understand, Disney needs to stay current and with what’s most popular – Kim Possible has pretty much been forgotten by a lot of people.

Dulcie on March 13th, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Will this be taking place of Kim Possible ? Or will they have both going at once ?

Dulcie on March 13th, 2012 at 4:29 pm

OOPPSS!! I didn’t read all of it….Sorry :(
I was excited seeing that they were adding Agent P to Epcot…and didn’t finish the full article.

Tracy from FL on March 13th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Is there a timeline for stopping Kim Possible to make the switch to Agent P? Basically wondering when there will be a gap that neither are up and running.

JEANY on March 13th, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I love Phineas and Ferb!

K on March 13th, 2012 at 6:04 pm

You know what would’ve been cool? To incorporate this with the Imagination Pavilion. I know that it’s mostly limited to the World Showcase, but a HUGE aspect of Phineas & Ferb is the imagination & inventions of the kids (Imagineering, anyone? :P) – it’d be so neat to have a dual plot going on, just like in the show.

Oh, well. I’ve never done KP because I have mobility issues and can’t walk far enough to be able to circle the World Showcase multiple times – I can only go around once, maybe twice, in order – but I might try to squeeze in a game before it goes, to say I did it. I’ve always wanted to! KP is one of my top favorite Disney shows (followed by P&F, actually)

Tom on March 13th, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Would love to see this end with an Agent P meet & greet. The kiddos would be thrilled!

Neula on March 13th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

What about a Phineas and Ferb Character meal? Can we have one pleeease?? :)

George on March 13th, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Great move well done Epcot Staff.

John on March 13th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

We are going to be at the parks Mid-June, will Agent P be up and running by then? The kids, my wife and I love P&F. Hoping it will be live by then.

PS: What you doing? Aren’t you kids a little young to be doing a World Showcase Adventure?

Kyra on March 13th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

That sounds great! Even though I love Kim Possible and played it three times in my last visit, I love P+F even more. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the Germany pavilion.

Brent on March 13th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

@K Each mission will only take you to one country. So you won’t have to walk from country to country to enjoy the game. After each mission your given the option to do another one at which time you can decide if you want to go to another country to complete another mission.

I’m VERY interested in what kind of turn around time will we have between Kim going away and Agent P starting up so Charles when you have any extra information on when Kim is closing compared to when Agent P is opening please share it with us.

Also I agree 100% that Phineas and Ferb is a easy fit for the Imagination pavilion. I can easily see a 3D Phineas and Ferb movie taking the place of EO when it leaves again.

Charles Stovall on March 14th, 2012 at 10:07 am

We don’t have a timeline to announce yet.

Douglas from MD on March 13th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Awesome! Any idea when the change will occur? We love Phineas & Ferb and especially Agent P!

Katherine from ON on March 13th, 2012 at 10:03 pm

We love the current Kim Possible adventure, but are ready for a change up to Agent P! I really hope that there will be something NEW to see and do and not just a new story overlay onto the old KP attraction. Crossing my fingers for some exciting NEW adventures this summer!

Jennifer on March 14th, 2012 at 8:20 am

This is going to be so cool!! My kids LOVE Agent P!!

Jeffrey from FL on March 14th, 2012 at 9:15 am

I am SOOO excited to hear this, and I can’t wait to get out there with my son and experience this. Thank you Disney for keeping this relative to what is hot on your network right now!

LeeAnn on March 14th, 2012 at 9:20 am

My kids will be so excited! They have been hoping for Phineas and Ferb to take over Kim Possible! (They think it’s their own idea…)

Luiz from Rio de Janeiro on March 14th, 2012 at 11:59 am

Great news. More a fan of Phineas and Ferb. But exactly when the attraction opens, you date?

Shannon on March 14th, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I am very attached to the KP Adventure because we have so many positive memories of this experience with my “quirkier” son who adored Disney because of it. When I announced it was closing, expecting a meltdown, I made the Perry sound, and he and his brother both went, “COOOOLLLLL!!!!”.
Broke my heart, but alas, I am not your demographic here.
I am sure this attraction will be great, too, and the CMs will be just as helpful as the ones working KP now, who have made our experience time and time again.
It is also kind of a Disney rite of passage that one of your childhood memories is recreated in another way. This is theirs.

Sharon from MA on March 14th, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Re–Kon–just wanted to say that the CM’s at the KP Booths are really great and will take a request for a certain country so that you don’t need to walk halfway around the world and just stick with countries nearby. On our last day, we had to catch our ME bus at 4PM via the International Gateway, we went to the KP spot by the International Gateway and requested either France or the UK–the machine wanted to send us to Italy to get a mission, but the CM’s were able to override that and sent us on a mission to France instead with no problems. After your first mission, you can pick the next country you go to, or be done with missions.

Phineas and Ferb–looking forward to the changeover! Our kids have really enjoyed the Kim Possible missions, even having done each one at least twice…but our kids have never watched Kim Possible…just wasn’t on Disney when they watched TV. Our whole family loves Phineas and Ferb and watches it all the time.

Kym from MA on March 15th, 2012 at 2:35 am

Hi! Is there ny chance of this being open by 7/1/12? We sure hope so!

Andrea on March 15th, 2012 at 9:48 am

Will there be Agent P mouse ears?

Mike from KS on March 15th, 2012 at 10:41 am

Still have the KP ringtone on my phone. For days the kids wondered if we still had a KP phone from EPCOT! Loved doing the missions and in fact it became a highlight from our most recent visit. We will look forward to helping Agent P on the next visit!

David on March 15th, 2012 at 11:27 am

My kids can’t wait. They are so excited. We will be going to Disney World for 2nd time in July. They love Phineas and Ferb and Agent P. THey were not interested in Kim Possible. Great move since Kim Possible is not on TV anymore.

Janey on March 15th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Hope they switch the missions up a little for us true Disney fans that have done almost every adventure.

Froya on March 15th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

This is exciting! We’ve done all the KP missions a couple times through and always enjoy them. Looking forward to some new missions!

Tom from IL on March 15th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

We’ve done several Kim missions and my kids really loved it. They’re big P&F fans, too but we’ll be at the World in late April so Perry won’t be in place just yet. Wondering if the Kim missions will be in place right up unitl time Perry launches or if there will be a period where no missions are possible?

Timothy on March 15th, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Wow, I actually made this suggestion in June last year after coming back from WDW and doing the Kim Possible adventures. My thoughts were that Agent P would relate more to the kids since P # F are popular now and Kim P is old news. Now, I’m not saying that the fine folks at WDW did this because of my suggestion but I can dream can’t I? ( Oh, there you are Perry!) Soooooo wished we could afford to go again to do this.

Diane from OH on March 15th, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Just got the girls (5 and 7) interested in the Kim Possible Adventure and have been watching old shows on-line…They already love Phineas and Ferb, so the switch will be fine with them; but the big question is WHEN??? We will be there mid-July and would like to prepare them for whichever adventure they will take!

Mindy from IL on March 15th, 2012 at 11:07 pm

YEAH!!! My boys adore Phineus & Ferb! Now bring on the character meal!!!!

Mike on March 17th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

With all of the interactive things Imagineering is trying out right now, I can only imagine what they’re going to bring into James Cameron’s Pandora over at Animal Kingdom. I’m so excited!

Nancy on March 17th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Is there anything like this being planned for Disneyland? My boys would love this!!

Bridgette from NY on March 17th, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I swear bob iger eaves drops on guests – my husband and I said the last time we were in Epcot, ya know, they should change this to a perry the platypus adventure… Looking forward to this when we retun in December!

Debora on March 17th, 2012 at 4:18 pm

WOW we loved the KP at Epcot…this change is making me think we need to go back to walt disney world !!! YEA

Benjamin from OH on March 18th, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I Love Phineas & Ferb and can’t wait to play the new Agent P adventure game!

Angel on March 18th, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Oh my goodness! We have planned a trip for the end of July, and I hope it has launched by then. It is my autistic daughters first Disney World vacation and her favorite character (after Cinderella) is Perry.

Cherie from LA on March 18th, 2012 at 10:33 pm

So excited for an Agent P adventure! My son will be so excited. I hope it is in place for our trip late May/early June! I agree with some others on here….now let’s have a Phineas & Ferb character meal. Bring on the BOY STUFF!!

Erin on March 23rd, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Awesomeness!!!! My daughter and I did at least 5 of the KP adventures in November; we’ll be looking forward to P&F adventures this August. As much as I love the Monkey, and the golf ball, I hope there is some change-up from the old KP adventures to the new P&F adventures. Although, even if you did the old adventures more than once, you got different clues.

RACHEL on April 10th, 2012 at 12:57 am

I am curious, are there still going to be interactive pictures and statues? My son was delighted when the stone in Japan lit up, or when the Gargoyle changed! I hope that they have different interactive events for Agent P!!! Will they have one for each country? Soooo excited! I am more excited than my son! hahaha

Charles Stovall on April 11th, 2012 at 9:54 am

Yes. Lot’s of interactivity!