'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' Movie Set Adventure at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Coming to Aulani This Summer – Have a Bite at Mama’s Snack Stop

posted on March 19th, 2012 by John McClintock, Disney Public Relations

Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa

Crews are hard at work on a brand-new addition to the food and beverage options at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i.

Mama’s Snack Stop, a quick-service food location premiering this June right next to Pāpālua Shave Ice in the Waikolohe Valley, will serve mouthwatering hot dogs, chicken tenders and more. The menu includes a choice of bread, sauce, and type of sausage, including all-beef hot dog, Hawaiian Winner, or Portuguese sausage. Guests can also choose a buffalo ranch chicken tender dog, chicken tenders, fries, Maui Chips, a macadamia pineapple cupcake and fruit.

Construction on Mama’s Snack Stop may cause a bit of inconvenience, but this new location is a great example of how quickly the Aulani team listens and responds to the needs of guests looking for additional meal options at the resort. Mama’s Snack Stop will add to the magic of a Hawaiian vacation at Aulani.

Filed: Aulani, Disney Dining, Disney Vacation Club, Hotels & Resorts

karen from nsw on March 19th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

awesome, thats what aulani was missing when we were there in feb 2012. Chicken tenders..yummo, by the pool

Tommye on March 19th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

That is great news! I just spent Spring Break at Aulani and wondered what was being constructed. Aulani definitely needs a quick service snack shop. The poor folks at the bar were overrun by people like me asking for takeout food. Yet another example of Disney listneing to guests and ever improving its resorts and parks.

Mahalo for Mamma’s snack shop and mahalo for Aulani. It’s an unbelievably gorgeous place and I highly recommend it.

Michael from CO on March 19th, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I was at Aulani in January and this was defiantly something that need improvement, glad to see the Mouse used those big ears! Might I suggest Nachos or some other finger foods that guest can enjoy by the pool. This is a great start and I can’t wait to visit again. Building a Earl of Sandwich or a Chipotle across the street wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Jason from MA on March 19th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Any details on what “a bit of inconvenience” means? We’re headed to Aulani for the first time in mid-April and its going to be pretty aggravating if the pool is a construction site.

Thor from CA on March 20th, 2012 at 4:18 am

This is quite a write-up for a new snack bar.

Luke from South Au on March 20th, 2012 at 10:36 am

I sooo hope it’s completed by May 20th, my wife and I are coming from australia for our honeymoon and chicken tenders and shaved ice sound perfect for a nice quick lunch around the pool! :0)

Tommye on March 20th, 2012 at 11:21 am

Jason from MA – The area under construction is small compared to the valley area. It does not cause any foot traffic issues or detract from the beauty of the pools, lazy river, hot tubs, lawn, beach, etc. Please, don’t be concerned. It didn’t cause our family any trouble at all.

BTW when you are there, try the menehune scavenger hunt. It’s a hoot.

Tammy on March 20th, 2012 at 11:38 am

When I was there in Nov they were redoing the cement around the trees at the poolas it was sticking up and people were triping over it.
The Construction was fine they were doing a great job to not bother anyone.

Carol on March 20th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Aulani is marvelous! I would urge you to offer ice cream as an optional add-on for the shave ice at Mama’s. With that addition, the shave ice would be the real Hawaiian ono experience. Thanks.

Merri on March 20th, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Aulani is amazing ….but some vegan options would be good at this new spot,how about a veggie burger etc……

Jason from MA on March 20th, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Thanks for the info, Tommye!

Tommye on March 21st, 2012 at 11:50 am

Carol – My daughter peeked through the joints of the construction barrier and said she saw an ice cream sign. I didn’t look myself. … but sounds like Mamma’s will have ice cream. Also, the gift shop has a stash of Mickey bars and Mickey ice cream sandwiches along with some other ice cream items, but really who needs more than Mickey bars and sandwiches ;-)

Thomas on March 23rd, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Yay! Mickey Bars! :)

I didn’t think I’d get another until we go back to WDW next April!

We will be at Aulani in just 26 days and we are so excited.

Marie on March 23rd, 2012 at 5:50 pm

How about some Dole Whip on the menu? After all it is Hawaii!

Kyra on March 24th, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Now, how do I convince my family to go to Hawaii?

Thomas on March 28th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

They need a Ohanas or Kona Cafe also.

Samantha on March 29th, 2012 at 7:59 am

I’m not too keen on the unhealthy food options. However, they sound fairly unique for what they are. Hopefully, there will be a lot of topping options for the hotdogs (like pineapple and chilli).

Dole Whip definitely needs to be on the menu.