Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Easter Merchandise Hops into Locations at Disney Parks

posted on March 30th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Easter

Some of my earliest childhood memories are about receiving a basket of goodies from the Easter bunny. There was a good mix of chocolate (yes!) along with other small items like toy cars, clothes and a children’s record album which I still own. With the Easter holiday only a few weeks away, I donned a pair of bunny ears and hopped around Disney Parks Merchandise looking for items to fill this year’s baskets. I found two common themes – eggs and bunnies.

“Easter

We have released two new Vinylmation figures for Easter – a 9-inch Vinylmation figure designed by Disney Design Group artist Monty Maldovan, and a 3-inch figure created by Disney artist Casey Jones. I love how the colors of the 9-inch figure pop against the green Florida grass, and my favorite detail on the 3-inch figure is his cotton-like tail. Casey told me that the Vinylmation team loved the rabbit-shaped form so much that we may see it used again for a future release.

Eggs and bunnies were also a theme for the consumables team, who introduced delicious cupcakes this year. Look for them, along with bunny- and egg-shaped sugar cookies, in locations such as the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom Park or Marceline’s Confectionery in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.

“Easter

A small assortment of pins were released for the Easter holiday, including a new Mickey Mouse icon made to look like a painted egg. I also like the deluxe lanyard with sublimated printing which, not surprisingly, contains bunnies and eggs.

“New

There are a few items that won’t arrive until later this year (I thought you’d enjoy a first look at them). Similar to the St. Patrick’s Day ornament I previously discussed, there will be an Easter ornament coming this summer. The ear hat ornament stars Thumper and was designed by Derrick Lirette, a professional intern with Disney Design Group. Thumper will also be found on a new shirt arriving this August at Disney Parks.

Finally, I learned the “Hop and Drop” program I discussed last year is returning to Walt Disney World Resort hotels in Florida starting April 1. (Special thanks to Summer Figueroa, a retail manager at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, for the tip!)

“Hoppy” Easter!

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Katie on March 30th, 2012 at 9:33 am

I love the Thumper merchandise! Will it be available for purchase on the internet?

Allie on March 30th, 2012 at 10:20 am

I LOVE Thumper! He’s so cute! :)

Victoria on March 30th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Will there be Easter Antenna toppers?

Tim on March 30th, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Why no “Antenna Toppers” for easter?

Pamela on March 30th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

We had a Donald Easter Egg antenna topper for Easter 2010 and 2011. We need a new Easter topper for 2012.

Steven Miller on April 4th, 2012 at 9:46 am

@Katie – I don’t know of any specific plans at this time for the online store to carry Thumper merchandise pictured in the article. There are other Thumper items, however, currently available on the site.

@Victoria, Tim and Pamela – Unfortunately, one wasn’t created for this year. But due to feedback (like yours), we are planning to have one for next year.

Ellen on March 30th, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Easter offerings are always so cute! Steven, in the St. Patrick’s Day merchandise post, you mentioned that the Duffy team was considering a St. Patrick’s Day outfit for the 17″ Duffy the Disney Bear. Might there be a future chance of an Easter outfit as well?

My Duffy also heard that you might know one of his idols, Klondike the polar bear, and asked me to tell you that he says “Go Bears!”

jENNIFER on March 31st, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I can’t find anymore info on the Hop & drop. can we preorder the baskets or does this have to be done while at resort?

Summer on April 1st, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Jennifer, You can order at the resort when you get there. The shopping area is the place you will go to place your order. Only 2 resorts deliver to your room, the Grand and Animal Kingdom Lodge. The other resorts will have your basket ready for you at a time determined by you. I hope that helps!

Dustin on April 3rd, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Now that’s gotta be the nicest lanyard I’ve ever seen! One that’s actually worth seeing, since most are pretty bland with simply words on it. Nice!

Steven Miller on April 4th, 2012 at 9:50 am

@Ellen – Go Bears! Great to hear from you :-) There is an Easter outfit for a 17-inch Duffy which was first released in 2011. You can see an image in this article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/an-update-on-duffy-the-disney-bear-at-disney-parks/

@Summer – Thanks for the response!

@Dustin – Glad you liked it. I will share your feedback with the development and art teams.

Kyra on April 7th, 2012 at 5:40 pm

What color bunny ears?

John on April 16th, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Steven- Who ever was the brain child behind pin trading- WOW- you got my $ and enjoyment galore. Love it. There is so much info out there. We have been DVC members for a few years now and have close to 1000 pins or more.. We are trying to search and have been for a year on books, pull productions of ALL 90,000+ pins to look at/ plan collections/ cross off ones we have. In 2006/07 there was a book that is sold in some Disney stores.. but only go upto 2006/07. Are there any plans to create such a book or site where we can check off what we have and look? I am very suprised with such popularity there is not. We recently bought a pin trading book that has a few checklists, but we know it’s the tip of the iceburg. We would love your help or info in finding, or plans to do so..? Thanks.