The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fill ‘Er Up at Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on March 2nd, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

The food is just as fun at the rest of spectacular Cars Land, with Disneyland Resort chefs having fun in the test kitchens. Here’s a sneak peek at some of their delicious creations debuting this summer.

“Cherry

With design inspired by the kitschy roadside eateries along on Route 66, Flo’s V8 Café starts with old-fashioned, filling breakfast dishes like chicken tamale with scrambled eggs, salsa verde and pico de gallo; or brioche French toast served with salted caramel and bananas. For lunch, we get a taste of the delicious, filling veggie-tater casserole with roasted veggies, bulgur wheat, Boca Crumbles and smashed red skin potatoes topped with melted cheddar. But it’s the sweet pies everyone’s waiting for, including apple-cheddar and cherry.

“Chili

The adorable Cozy Cone Motel is a quick-service restaurant inspired by the quirky “wigwam” motels along Route 66. In the Cars Land version, each wigwam offers a different filled cone, such as “chili cone carne” or “cone on the cob.” Flavored popcorn is a fun offering at one of the five wigwams, including salt and vinegar, pickle, sweet and spicy, bacon and cheddar, and nacho cheese.

In the “Cars” movie, Fillmore is an advocate of natural products and makes his living by selling organic fuel, so Fillmore’s Taste-In is, appropriately, the spot for fresh fruit, bottled beverages and juices.

Stay tuned for more details – and the recipe for our favorite veggie-tater casserole.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney Dining, Disneyland Resort

14 Comments 1 Reply

Jodie from CO on March 2nd, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I am SO excited for Cars Land! This just gives me something else to look forward to!

Sandra on March 2nd, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Cars land keeps getting better and better with each post. Hurry up summer!

JOANNE from CA on March 2nd, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Chili cone carne, so funny, I love Disney and can’t wait for Cars Land. The brioche French toast with salted caramel and bananas sounds AMAZING!

Jasmine on March 2nd, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Wow, what a long way Cars Land has come! Summer is getting closer and closer and I’m stoked!

Fred from CA on March 2nd, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Sounds tasty!

I love the “Cars” movies and I cannot wait for Cars Land!

It will be great to have a representation of Route 66 (with a Disney twist) in Disney California Adventure.

Its been a long time since the imagineers have created a project of this size and scope. :)

Lauren on March 2nd, 2012 at 10:36 pm

So excited for Cars Land to open! Will Flo’s V8 Cafe be a restaurant where you need reservations?

Also, has there been an official date released for when Cars Land is going to open yet? Thanks.

Pam Brandon on March 4th, 2012 at 10:20 pm

You won’t need reservations at Flo’s, it’s quick-service.

Jeremy on March 2nd, 2012 at 11:47 pm

the chili cone carne sounds (and Looks) awesome and the flos cafe sounds delicious. but as a person who lives off route 66 in Flagstaff az, I Can say this is far from the comfort food of chicken fried steak and biscuits and gravy you will find abundant on route 66 diners.

david on March 3rd, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Any update on the true opening date? I have friends coming from Northern California just before Memorial Day, but I hear it will be a month later.

laine on March 4th, 2012 at 11:38 am

i have read that close to the end of june is the official opening date for Cars land. does anyone know if the other rides (such as the matterhorn will be finished by then? we are postponing our
vacation from april (spring break) to june because of all the work being done. go disney!!!!

Anthony from NJ on March 4th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I’m very glad to see the Handwich makes its return to Disney Parks ;-) LOL!

Steve on March 5th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Looking forward to Cars Land! I know it’s slated to open in Summer 2012, but is there a more specific date or month. We try and make it to Disney land at least once a year and would like to make sure to plan for after the opening. Thanks!

Jason on March 5th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

June 15th is what they’ve been saying.

Alyssa on March 5th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I might be the only one but I’m looking forward to the pickle flavored popcorn! It might be weird, but totally up my alley. I can’t wait for Cars Land to open!

Stacy on March 5th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I’ve heard mid June and Matterhorn is slated to be finished on 6/15. Any reliable information out there on the Carthay Circle Theatre?? I understand it to be the new Club 33 with a ‘Blue Bayou’ type restaurant, and a walking museum attraction underneath. Anyone hear about when they will begin taking reservations?