Via Napoli Restaurant, Italy Pavilion at Epcot

Goofy’s Paint ‘n’ Play House Announced for Tokyo Disneyland

posted on March 14th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

I always get excited at the possibility of exploring our international Disney Parks – and soon, there will be yet another reason to pay a visit to Tokyo Disney Resort, with the debut of the new Goofy’s Paint ‘n’ Play House attraction at Tokyo Disneyland.

“Goofy’s

Set to open Aug. 24, this Toontown attraction will allow guests to help Goofy redecorate his room in a unique and colorful fashion. Groups of guests will work together to “paint” the room using special paint applicators called Toontone Splat Masters. Guests simply aim at the wall (or furniture) they want to color and activate the applicators.

The attraction will feature beach, jungle and other themes, as well as different Toontone Splat Masters, so guests can vary their choices.

Looks like fun!

Filed: Tokyo Disneyland

Jill from UT on March 14th, 2012 at 11:16 am

Awesome! I love all the unique attractions at the international parks! (I also love hearing about them through this blog.) Thanks for the update.

Erik on March 14th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

did this attraction happen to begin its live as an “Epic Mickey” attraction? Anyone who’s seen that game will recognize the similarities.

Fred from CA on March 14th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

This would be a cool attraction for Goofy’s house at Disneyland’s Toontown in California. I really hope that the imagineers are considering it.

Dustin on March 14th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Hehehehe Epic Mickey reference. Why does Tokyo always get the really cool stuff? Lol I thought is was enough when they ended up getting DisneySea instead of California. One day when I become rich, I’m am soooooo going to this park for like 2 weeks and enjoying all the little details :)

Lianne on March 14th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

im not expecting a ride with epic mickey (though it would be cool ;) and this IS kinda similar) but at least a sequel :) i know that its random lol but just thought it was worth saying

Kyra on March 14th, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Is it virtual or is there real paint? If it’s real paint, how will some guests start with a blank canvas? Even with all the questions I have, I know it’s going to be amazing.

Paul on March 16th, 2012 at 3:05 am

Looks like the same technology as Midway Mania, nice to see it being used in other ways.

Adam on March 18th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

@Erik That was my initial thought too. Either way, looks like a neat attraction.

Holly on March 21st, 2012 at 4:37 pm

That looks awesome! Seems similar to what used to be in the old upstairs Imageworks in the original Imagination with Figmant’s paintbrushes :)

James from GA on March 22nd, 2012 at 4:13 am

I think Holly’s right, I think this may be a pretty close re-creation of that!

Dustin on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Thank you for providing posts like this one, that provide updates to the other (non-US) parks, that really adds so much to the Disney blog (and general Disney) experience! And this new attraction, btw, sounds like such fun!