'it's a small world' at Disneyland Park

Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’-Themed Monorail to Debut This Spring at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on March 30th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Hi everyone, we have exciting news to share today – our partners at Marvel Studios are bringing Marvel’s “The Avengers” to Walt Disney World Resort this spring!

In Marvel’s “The Avengers,” super heroes team up to pull the world back from the brink of disaster when an unexpected enemy threatens global security.

Similar to the “Tron”-themed wrap, one of our Magic Kingdom Park Monorails is currently undergoing a Marvel’s “The Avengers”-themed changeover to celebrate the May 4 opening of the film, which stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Tom Hiddleston, with Stellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

Here’s a sneak peek, with more details to come.

“The

Tagged:

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Lou from FL on March 30th, 2012 at 10:41 am

The bright, crisp graphics are striking! Dare I say I like this even more than the Tron: Legacy overlay? What monorail color is being wrapped with the graphics?

Lou M.
WDW Radio

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 30th, 2012 at 11:37 am

I’m not sure which color, Lou. I’ll try to find out (I believe there are rumors online).

Bill on March 30th, 2012 at 10:46 am

Any idea how long it will stick around? We’re heading to WDW this summer & I’d love to see it (I’m sure my boys would too) :)

John on March 30th, 2012 at 10:49 am

Any idea how long this special monorail will be running?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 30th, 2012 at 11:36 am

It will run throughout the summer, John. :)

Alison on March 30th, 2012 at 11:12 am

Yay Avengerail! Please stand clear of the doors or you will make Hulk angry…please don’t make Hulk angry! ;)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 30th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Ha! I bet they’d finally stand clear of the doors!

Keith from IL on March 30th, 2012 at 11:17 am

Wait a second, this is going to be on the Magic Kingdom loop and not the EPCOT loop like Tronorail was?

Was really looking forward to the photographic opportunities of it appearing on the EPCOT loop……

Bummer.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 30th, 2012 at 11:39 am

Correct – it will be on the Magic Kingdom loop.

Adam on March 30th, 2012 at 11:51 am

John Carter could have used this…I think they should do this with more Disney movies. It’s cool and makes the monorail look less dates than the plain white bodies.

Douglas on March 30th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

It’s monorail Red… saw the cabs painted backstage already ;)

Michael from FL on March 30th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I’m not a fan, personally. I understand the idea behind this, but I do not like the idea of putting a fancied up bus-wrap on the monorails. The monorails are part of the magic of WDW, and this just turns them into moving advertisements. It’s doubly worse that it will be on the MK loop, the most magical and timeless of all the parks.

On the bright side, at least the design is really, really good.

Keith from FL on March 30th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

That looks hideous.

Elizabeth on March 30th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

YES! I’m excited! Can’t wait to see it! I wasn’t really a fan of the Tronorail at first, but once it was up, I thought it was great thing (even once it’s time for really being a useful ad were up) so I’m even more excited now that it’s for something I like xD

Darin on March 30th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I just geeked out. Can we please get this at Disneyland? This is EPIC!

Kyle on March 30th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I think it looks great. The design is great and yes I almost think its better than Tron. Love it

Kyle D
Countdown To D23 Blog

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 30th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

It makes me excited about the movie. How about you?

S. on March 30th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Can’t wait to see it! Hope its still there in June.

By the way, is there any truth to a possible Disney Texas park? Its been rumored for years and years, but there seems to be new life to that rumor lately. Just wondering if there is any validity to it!

Angela on March 30th, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Exciting! Will this monorail theme be out prior to the May 4 opening of the film?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 30th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

For sure.

Robert on March 30th, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I’m headed there the week after Easter. I hope we get to see this. My kids will LOVE this! Awesome.

Amanda on March 30th, 2012 at 2:17 pm

We aren’t going to be at Disney World until December :( I hope it is still up. Of course, we may have to squeeze in a trip a little early just so my boys can ride with the Avengers :)

Kyle on March 30th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I think I am more exctied for the movie after seeing the new monorail design Jennifer. Love it

Kyle D.
Countdown To D23 Blog

Dustin on March 30th, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I can’t wait to see that!!!. By any chance, is the Tron Monorail still making its rounds on the Epcot track? I really hope this movie is worth all the excitment thats been brough to it through the other Marvel movies. I still want to know who the villian of the movie is going to be. Seems like they want to keep that behind closed doors until the opening.

Samantha on March 30th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

This just made my day! Going to Disney in May for my birthday and this is now on my to see list! :)

Chad on March 30th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Lou, I think the colors may be brighter & sharper that reality, since this is a rendering of what’s to come. The TRONorail has this beat, hands down.

Jason from NC on March 30th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I don’t get the connection between The Avengers and the Magic Kingdom monorail..?

Kevin on March 30th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Disney owns Marvel comics

Deborah on March 30th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I don’t see an exact date for when it will be running – we will be there from April 5th-14th and hope we will see it!! Not only will my husband and son be excited, so will I!

Shawn on March 30th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Monorail RED is the Avenger wrapped.

No truth at all to Disney Texas.

Tiffany on March 30th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

We will be there April 19th through April 27th? Will they debut this during that time or are they waiting until the May 4th date? I have a HUGE Marvel fan!! My four year old would LOVE too see this!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am

It debuted over the weekend!

Erin on March 30th, 2012 at 5:35 pm

YES! We love all things Disney, but are HUGE Marvel fans…my boys and husband will FLIP when they see this. Fantastic!

David on March 30th, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Wow! We’ll be there from April 20th to the 28th, I’d love to be able to see it!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am

Enjoy, David!

Brook from IL on March 30th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Will this still be there in September? My son would love this!!!

Christopher on March 30th, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Is there any chance this monorail will run through the entire year? I came down in 2010 the week before thanksgiving and caught the tron legacy monorail. Would like to be able to catch this one. I am a big fan of the avengers.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:19 am

I don’t know what the end date is yet.

Melissa on March 30th, 2012 at 10:20 pm

As a huge comic book fan, I was wary of Disney buying out Marvel at first but now I’m so geeking out!! My son and I are going back to WDW this summer and can’t wait to see this monorail. Sorry, I have to say it: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

Alison on March 31st, 2012 at 3:33 pm

If anyone wonders why it is not on Epcot’s line, it’s because Marvels contract with Universal says no Marvel in theme parks East of the Mississippi. Since Epcot’s line goes into Epcot, it counts. I saw it today on the MK line with the Contemporary behind it. Looked great!

Kelly on March 31st, 2012 at 8:42 pm

That doesn’t make sense. WDW, to include both MK & Epcot, is SE of the Mississippi. Does anyone else ACTUALLY know why it’s only on MK?

Erica from AL on April 1st, 2012 at 8:59 am

Totally Awesome. I can not wait. I might have to make a special trip on this one :)

Wolfgang from Rheinland-Pfalz on April 2nd, 2012 at 9:08 am

@Kelly: As far as i know, the contract Universal/Marvel contract is specifically about *Theme parks* – the Epocot line enters Epcot (a theme park), thus there can be no Marvel characters on a train. The MK line, on the other hand, does not enter the MK – it´s on WDW property, but that is ok under the provisions of the contract.

Karen on April 4th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

looks really cool

Amy on April 5th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I sure hope this is still there in September, we are going for Labor Day weekend and my son would LOVE to see this!

Gina on April 15th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

my fave is still the Tronorail.. can’t wait for this movie!