'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

No End to Cupcake Craze at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on March 17th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

“A

Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday, March 17, Pastry Chef Andreas Born at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has a sweet little treat: a delectable chocolate cupcake with a leprechaun hat, chocolate Mickey ears and a flourish of shamrocks. For sale only on St. Paddy’s Day at Starring Rolls, Backlot Express, Pizza Planet, ABC Commissary and Studio Catering Co.

“Pineapple-Coconut

Chef Born follows that holiday creation with a sweet treat for spring (March 20 officially is the first day of spring). And what better excuse to enjoy a pineapple-coconut Easter cupcake with pink bunny ears? Born loves to play with flavors (and icing) and he’ll have this cutie for sale at Starring Rolls, Backlot Express, Pizza Planet, ABC Commissary and Studio Catering Co. for just 12 days — April 6 through April 17.

The spring cupcake (with the Easter bunny ears) is $4.99 and counts as a snack on the Disney Dining Plan.

Filed: Disney Dining, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Amanda from TN on March 17th, 2012 at 10:25 pm

These are almost too pretty to eat!

Carrie from IN on March 18th, 2012 at 12:18 am

My daughter loves everything cupcakes and we are coming in June for the first time! She will be so excited to get a special Disney cupcake!!

Lynn from NC on March 18th, 2012 at 11:32 am

I just love all the Holiday-specific cupcake creations!

AIMEE from IL on March 18th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

We will be there 4/14 – 4/18…definately getting a Spring cupcake!!

Stacey on March 18th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I will miss the spring one. I will be there last week of April and first week of May. I hope you have a special one then. I know Star Wars weekends start in May after I leave. Last year I had the Star Wars cupcake – yum.

Leigh on March 21st, 2012 at 4:50 pm

I’m jealous. We’ve had some fantastic cupcakes here at Disneyland (One More Day, MardiGras, etc…) and my girlfriends and I have tried them all. We need these at Disneyland / DCA too. Too late for the St. Paddy’s day cupcake, but we’ve Pixie Hollow, so why not have it here at DLand too! BTW… our One More Day cupcake was simply divine – chocolate, chocolate curls, raspberry mousse and chocolate mousse. The best!

Adrian from KY on March 23rd, 2012 at 11:00 am

my family and i will be there from june 8th- 15th this year.i cant wait to try some of these and i know my kids will too lol!

Kyra on March 24th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Those look so good!

Pamela on March 24th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

These would have made great antenna toppers. It would be great to enjoy these cupcakes in the park and take the matching topper home as a souvenir.