Greetings from the Sunshine State! We are off and running at the 19th annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival presented by HGTV! This year’s festival kicked off yesterday and will run all the way to May 20.
As usual, this year’s event includes favorite elements like beloved Disney character topiaries; “how to” demonstrations and presentations by HGTV, DIY Network and Disney experts; unique gardens themed to the countries of World Showcase; the Flower Power Concert Series and much more.
And we are not the only ones who are excited! Our special guests from HGTV and DIY Network are getting pumped for their visits too – in addition to all the hard work they put in taping their shows around the country. We here at the Disney Parks Blog have been tracking some of them down to get a sneak peek of what festival guests can expect from their discussions.
We recently caught up with HGTV’s John Gidding filming his show “Curb Appeal” near San Francisco. John is here at the festival this weekend (March 9-11) and gave us a sneak peek at his seminar “Designing for Curb Appeal: From the Challenges to the Successes.”
You can see John on the new season of HGTV’s “Curb Appeal,” Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. CT.
And come out to see John and all the other HGTV and DIY Network stars scheduled this year. The list includes:
- March 9-11 – John Gidding, Curb Appeal – “Designing for Curb Appeal: From the Challenges to the Successes”
- March 16-18 – Sabrina Soto, The High Low Project – “Decorating Design Tips, Tricks and Savvy Shopping Secrets”
- March 23-25 – Jason Cameron, DIY Network’s Desperate Landscapes and Man Caves – “Working Makeover Magic for Desperate Landscapes”
- March 30-April 1 – Camille Styles, HGTV.com, Design Happens – “Planning Garden Parties That Are Simple, But Not Your Garden Variety”
- April 6-8 – Dan Faires, HGTV.com, DanMade – “Planning Your Planting with Terrarium, Vertical Gardens and Small Space Greenery”
- April 13-15 – Brandon Johnson, My Yard Goes Disney – “Bringing Disney Inspiration and HGTV Design to Your Backyard”
- April 20-22 – Meg Caswell Holladay, Meg’s Great Rooms – “Tips for Turning a Good Room Into a Great Room!”
- April 27-29 – Monica Pedersen, HGTV Dream Home 2012 – “Make It Beautiful: Designs and Ideas for Entertaining at Home”
- May 4-6 – Antonio Ballatore, The Antonio Treatment – “Design Outside of the Box: How to Personalize, Customize, and Inspire”
- May 11-13 – Carter Oosterhouse, Million Dollar Rooms – “10 Renovation Tips You Need To Know”
- May 18-20 – Genevieve Gorder, Dear Genevieve and HGTV Design Star – “Turning Your Landscape Inside Out”
(Talent/dates/subjects subject to change.)
For more information on the festival, you can check out disneyworld.com/flower and continue to check back here for more updates.