New York World's Fair 50th Anniversary

A Reimagined Basin Reopens at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on April 16th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Check out this shopping list: Almonds, cranberry, vanilla, oatmeal, honey, and sea salt. No, we’re not making cookies – those are just some of the natural ingredients used to create the fresh-cut soaps available at Basin, the bath and beauty shop at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort.

Basin recently reopened after a refresh that included the addition of an oversized sink where as many as eight guests can simultaneously try out the all-natural salt body scrubs. The new Basin centerpiece is topped with a Mickey Mouse that was carved from a 250-pound block of soap.

Here’s a tour through the refreshed location:

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Brian from CA on April 16th, 2012 at 11:46 am

Is their plans to bring this buissnes to DLR? It would a great addition to Downtown Disney CA.

Brian on April 16th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

So glad you reopened. Have missed our bath bombs the last trips to downtown

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 17th, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Bath bombs are GREAT.

Larry on April 16th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

@Brian, they were about a year or two ago and left.

Jennifer on April 16th, 2012 at 1:27 pm

This is great. How do the make your own soy candles work? Im coming down in 3 days and would love to do that!

Kelly on April 16th, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Any dermatologists back up your products? I have very sensitive allergies.

Deborah from CA on April 16th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I am so jealous!!! I loved going to the basin store in Anaheim. Hope it comes back to California soon.

Danielle on April 17th, 2012 at 9:36 am

I love it! Unfortunately I have to wait 16-18 months before we’re back in Disney. Basin will be on my list of places to shop!

Nicole on April 17th, 2012 at 11:42 am

LOVE all of the different scents ! So can not wait to get a hold of the soap with the Mickey ears in them! OMG how cute ! Also love the fact that product is made in the USA !!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 17th, 2012 at 3:14 pm

It’s so cute that I don’t know if I could ever use it up. :)

Jennifer on April 18th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Oh my gosh, my 6yr old daughter and I LOVE this place. We always stop here when we take a trip to Disney World. My daughter really enjoys mixing her own bath salts and I always make sure I check out the salt scrubs. Can’t wait to see the new store when we head back to Disney World next week! Yeah!

Lorraine from NJ on April 24th, 2012 at 12:42 am

Absolutely love this store! It’s my favorite in Downtown Disney. We visit every summer on our annual trip, and my daughter and I stock up on several bars of soap. My favorites are definitely the ones with the Mickey ears. Can’t wait to visit the new shop in 4 months!